ALL >> Entertainment >> View Article
Writing Jokes: An Important Part Of Stand Up
Total Articles: 8
The comic script plays a very important role in the actual gig or maybe I can say it is the soul of the event. If you have a hilarious content it shows on stage. So it is quite essential that who work on your joke writing skills such that it creates an impact on the audience. Here are some tips that might help you in presenting a good routine.
1) Practice regularly- Try to make it a habit to write jokes on a regular basis. It is so because you need to have a fresh content every time you are on stage. Playing again and again with the old tricks and sequences might not be effective every time. Think about different situations that might interest the audience and try to develop a joke around it. Also make it a point to speak your lines as you write them. This would help you in its delivery. It can be possible that a line that reads humorous is not that effective when presented on stage.
2) Keep a notepad with you- To learn standup comedy it is quite important that you formulate an interesting routine. For some inspiration or new content it is a good idea if you carry a notepad with you whenever you are out. Write out situations or conversations that happen around you that can be given a humorous twist. This also calls for a lot of observation on your part. Simply observe people around you, the things or situations that make them laugh, some peculiar situations etc. Just keep it noted it may help you big time in preparing your gig.
3) Be Original- Presenting some one else’s content might be an easy option but at the end it doesn’t help you out. Stand up is very much about self motivation that only comes with a unique self written script. Moreover it’s your views and perceptions at the end that would help you in establishing yourself firmly in this profession not the ones whose script you are presenting.
4) The General Approach- You can always add some of the old and famous punch lines in your script to keep it light. In addition to try to add some sequences that happen in the daily life such as fights with the beloved, political news, TV soaps and movie inspired punches etc.
Standup comedy might appear a bit of hard work but it is also a lot of fun too. Just think about the smiles that you may create on so many faces, it is a reward in itself. It might be possible that you might find the art of joke writing a bit difficult. In such cases it is good if you take some professional guidance. There are many comedy schools in Los Angeles that train students on joke writing. You can search for such schools on the internet and refine your skills.
About The Author-
The author is a noted stand up artist. In this article he explains that to learn standup comedy it is important that you write an effective script.
Entertainment Articles1. How To Access The Satta Matka Chart Today
Author: Pankaj Kumar
2. Tours Of Morocco
3. Commercial Photography Los Angeles Services Can Make A Big Difference For You!
Author: Hardin Piepers
4. Dindi Resorts In Coastal Andhra, Resorts In Andhra Pradesh, Resorts In Godavari
Author: Dindi Resort
5. Meet A Wedding Planner In Udaipur: Moving Knots
Author: Hari Paliwal
6. Ae Dil Hai Mushkil - Reasons To Watch This Romantic Movie
Author: Mohit Kapoor
7. Great Gatsby Party Entertainment Adds A Vintage Twist To Your Party
8. Rebiew- The Indian Attempt On Anonymous Feedback Trend
9. Read Nature Poetry Books By Rupinder Kaur Kaiche
Author: Rupinder Kaur Kaiche
10. Why Should You Join A Dance Class?
Author: John Watson
11. Key Considerations While Renting A Photo Booth
Author: Photoworks Interactive
12. How To Watch Online Tv For Free
Author: Adam Gilchrist
13. Satta Matka Betting For A Wealthy Fate
Author: Pankaj Kumar
14. Know Why Kidzania Is The Best Attraction Park For Kids
Author: Bhawana Nirman
15. The 1920s Dancers For Hire Surely Electrifies The Dance Floors With Yesteryear Entertainment