ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Holidays In Sri Lanka - Must Visit Places
Total Articles: 2
Sri Lanka is endowed with external beauty and warmth, that draws visitors to this magical island. There are so many wonderful places to explore in Sri Lanka that it is not possible to write about them in a single post. Whatever, this island is undoubtedly one of the best creations of the almighty and that's why it is on the bucket list of every fervent traveller. So here are just few of the must watch places in Sri Lanka.
Must Visit Places of Sri Lanka-
Colombo- Now known as Sri Lanka's commercial capital, Colombo was used to fulfil Sri Lanka's trading requirements at one point. The credit to make it what it is today should be given to the Dutch. Initially, they used it as a hub port, but developed it to become what it is today. The British also contributed to its development. You will find Colombo as a strange mix of old and new. Accommodation is surprisingly affordable in Colombo and people are friendly, warm and hospitable. They do not mind putting extra efforts to make your sojourn happy and comfortable.
Places to Visit in Colombo-
Royal Colombo Golf Club
The National Museum
Bird watching in Telegama and Attidiya Wetlands
Galle- How many places are there in the world, that has something to offer to everyone. Colonial influences of the Portuguese, the Dutch and the British can be seen on Sri Lanka's culture and construction. Equipped with a good tourism infrastructure, Galle also boasts upon the Dutch Fort which is listed as World Heritage. Portuguese started the construction of this fascinating fort which was later developed by the Dutch.
Places and activities to do in Galle-
The Dutch Fort
Galle Literary Festival
Curio Shops and Museums
Negombo-A few kilometres away from Colombo is Negombo- famous for its beaches. Negombo was ruled by the Portuguese, Dutch and British respectively and their influence is evident. Some nice canals were built by the Dutch whereas the Portuguese constructed churches. There is so much to do while you are in Negombo. You can enjoy sunbath, cherish delicious sea food and enjoy sunsets. No wonder this is a perfect family holiday destination.
Sri Lanka Food- Sri Lankan cuisine is full of varieties. Sri Lankans are fond of rice and curry. You can enjoy fresh sea food and popular dishes such as Mallung, seeni sambol etc during your holidays in Sri Lanka.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David