ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Holidays In Sri Lanka - Must Visit Places
Total Articles: 2
Sri Lanka is endowed with external beauty and warmth, that draws visitors to this magical island. There are so many wonderful places to explore in Sri Lanka that it is not possible to write about them in a single post. Whatever, this island is undoubtedly one of the best creations of the almighty and that's why it is on the bucket list of every fervent traveller. So here are just few of the must watch places in Sri Lanka.
Must Visit Places of Sri Lanka-
Colombo- Now known as Sri Lanka's commercial capital, Colombo was used to fulfil Sri Lanka's trading requirements at one point. The credit to make it what it is today should be given to the Dutch. Initially, they used it as a hub port, but developed it to become what it is today. The British also contributed to its development. You will find Colombo as a strange mix of old and new. Accommodation is surprisingly affordable in Colombo and people are friendly, warm and hospitable. They do not mind putting extra efforts to make your sojourn happy and comfortable.
Places to Visit in Colombo-
Royal Colombo Golf Club
The National Museum
Bird watching in Telegama and Attidiya Wetlands
Galle- How many places are there in the world, that has something to offer to everyone. Colonial influences of the Portuguese, the Dutch and the British can be seen on Sri Lanka's culture and construction. Equipped with a good tourism infrastructure, Galle also boasts upon the Dutch Fort which is listed as World Heritage. Portuguese started the construction of this fascinating fort which was later developed by the Dutch.
Places and activities to do in Galle-
The Dutch Fort
Galle Literary Festival
Curio Shops and Museums
Negombo-A few kilometres away from Colombo is Negombo- famous for its beaches. Negombo was ruled by the Portuguese, Dutch and British respectively and their influence is evident. Some nice canals were built by the Dutch whereas the Portuguese constructed churches. There is so much to do while you are in Negombo. You can enjoy sunbath, cherish delicious sea food and enjoy sunsets. No wonder this is a perfect family holiday destination.
Sri Lanka Food- Sri Lankan cuisine is full of varieties. Sri Lankans are fond of rice and curry. You can enjoy fresh sea food and popular dishes such as Mallung, seeni sambol etc during your holidays in Sri Lanka.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family