ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Holidays In Sri Lanka - Must Visit Places
Total Articles: 2
Sri Lanka is endowed with external beauty and warmth, that draws visitors to this magical island. There are so many wonderful places to explore in Sri Lanka that it is not possible to write about them in a single post. Whatever, this island is undoubtedly one of the best creations of the almighty and that's why it is on the bucket list of every fervent traveller. So here are just few of the must watch places in Sri Lanka.
Must Visit Places of Sri Lanka-
Colombo- Now known as Sri Lanka's commercial capital, Colombo was used to fulfil Sri Lanka's trading requirements at one point. The credit to make it what it is today should be given to the Dutch. Initially, they used it as a hub port, but developed it to become what it is today. The British also contributed to its development. You will find Colombo as a strange mix of old and new. Accommodation is surprisingly affordable in Colombo and people are friendly, warm and hospitable. They do not mind putting extra efforts to make your sojourn happy and comfortable.
Places to Visit in Colombo-
Royal Colombo Golf Club
The National Museum
Bird watching in Telegama and Attidiya Wetlands
Galle- How many places are there in the world, that has something to offer to everyone. Colonial influences of the Portuguese, the Dutch and the British can be seen on Sri Lanka's culture and construction. Equipped with a good tourism infrastructure, Galle also boasts upon the Dutch Fort which is listed as World Heritage. Portuguese started the construction of this fascinating fort which was later developed by the Dutch.
Places and activities to do in Galle-
The Dutch Fort
Galle Literary Festival
Curio Shops and Museums
Negombo-A few kilometres away from Colombo is Negombo- famous for its beaches. Negombo was ruled by the Portuguese, Dutch and British respectively and their influence is evident. Some nice canals were built by the Dutch whereas the Portuguese constructed churches. There is so much to do while you are in Negombo. You can enjoy sunbath, cherish delicious sea food and enjoy sunsets. No wonder this is a perfect family holiday destination.
Sri Lanka Food- Sri Lankan cuisine is full of varieties. Sri Lankans are fond of rice and curry. You can enjoy fresh sea food and popular dishes such as Mallung, seeni sambol etc during your holidays in Sri Lanka.
Travel Articles1. La Ciudad De Marrakech
2. Secure A Deluxe Limo And Feel Like A Star On Your Wedding Day
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Buffalo River Float Trips – Go River Rafting To Enjoy With Your Family
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Bachelorette Party - A Crazy And Classy Night Out With Pittsburgh Limousine Service
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
5. Enjoying The Glamour And The Luxury Of Dc Limo
Author: Enjoying the Glamour and the Luxury of DC Limo
6. Limo Hire - Limo Hire London | Party Bus Hire London
7. Jeju Island And Busan Tour
Author: Tommy Na
8. Event Photographer In Argentina Can Capture Those Precious Touring Moments In The Camera!
Author: Cogert Ayala
9. Know How Owning A Shipping Container Will Benefit You
Author: Catherine Jade
10. Enjoy The Best Of Fujairah City Tours
11. Explore The Paradise By Luxurious Tour Packages
Author: Ankit Patel
12. Have An Exceptional Super Jeep Iceland Ride
Author: Ice Rovers
13. Cape Town Offers A Plethora Of Thrilling Mtb Cycling Routes That Make Each Tour Exciting
Author: Mark Robert Lawson
14. Clearly Honor Your Vows With Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
15. Get Pleasure From A Budget Tour In Kenya - A Leading Holiday Destination In Africa
Author: Nadzua Matara