ALL >> Health >> View Article
Omega 3 And Cardiovascular Health
Total Articles: 17
It is a fact that health is perhaps the most important asset you can have. Better than money, good health is something that lets you do what you want to do, visit a place that you want to see, and explore an activity that you have been eyeing for. That is why utmost care should be given to your health and body to enjoy life and its pleasures.
However, you are unknowingly ingesting food into your body that may harm your health, especially your cardiovascular health. Though eating can be fun and fulfilling, you have to know that you need to be careful with what you eat so that you do not end up getting cardiovascular diseases.
Cardiovascular health is basically the health that pertains to your blood vessels and heart, as well as to the other organs of your body whose function depends on the supply of blood. One needs to practice a healthy lifestyle so that this particular health will function normally. Though some drugs can provide temporary relief to certain ailments, it is always recommended that you have sufficient intake of what your body needs like omega 3.
What Is Omega 3?
You may have already heard a lot about Omega 3 or 3 fatty acids which is composed of AHA (which are found in plant oils), EPA and DHA which can be found in marine oils. Omega 3 is an essential fatty acid, which is important to human health and proper function. However, you need to get this from an outside source since your body does not manufacture it. Some good sources of Omega 3 include fish such as halibut, tuna, and salmon, fish oil, algal oil, squid oils, plant oil, and others. Alternatively, you can also take in supplements that are available in the market today and on online natural health store.
What Can Omega 3 Do For Your Cardiovascular Health?
It is amazing how Omega 3 can do wonders for your body. In fact, research has proven that it can do the following:
• lowers blood pressure
• lowers cholesterol
• For people who have already had a heart attack, Omega 3 lowers the risk of death, stroke, heart attack, and abnormal heart rhythms. In fact, when you take in two servings of fish per week, your risk for getting a heart attack is lessened by 50 percent.
• It also lessens blood clot, which can clog the arteries and disrupt the flow of blood to and from the heart.
Additionally, Omega 3 is also good for the other functions of the body like
• Omega 3 is also good for children’s cognitive function especially because it boosts memory and function.
• During a mother’s pregnancy, high amounts of Omega 3 can reduce the risk of the baby developing nerve and vision problems.
• It can also help reduce the risk for chronic diseases such as arthritis, heart disease and cancer
• It helps prevent osteoporosis because high levels of Omega 3 can increase the level of calcium in the body, which strengthens your bones.
• When taken with antidepressants, Omega 3 reduces depression among people
Given that food today is rarely organic, you must go the extra mile of taking Omega 3. If you do not like the taste and smell of fish, you can always go for fish oil capsules that are sold in the market today.
Health Articles1. Male Organ Pain: Are Barrier Protections To Blame?
Author: John Dugan
2. Know About The Key Responsibilities Of A Healthcare Support Worker
Author: Paige Rees
3. Smilex - The Place For Getting The Best Solution For Dental Issues
Author: Mohan Kumar
4. The Easiest Guide Ever To Get Fit & Healthy
5. Span Sure Medical Instruments Pvt. Ltd., Korea Automatic Thermal Massage Bed - Suppliers
Author: spansure medical
6. Midwives Acquire Nursing And Midwifery Programs To Fulfill Big Responsibilities
7. Specialties And Steps Involved In Elective Abroad Medical And Pre Medical Programs
8. Clinically Proven Solutions For Hairloss!!! Unfortunately Less Known!!!
9. How To Treat Gum Disease?
Author: Chris Hugh
10. Ways To Find The Best Chiropody Clinic
Author: The Harley Medical Foot and Nail Laser Clinic Lond
11. How A Good Parent Helps A Childcare Western Sydney
Author: Colleen Grenville
12. Top 30 Signs And Symptoms Of Adrenal Fatigue
Author: Peter Dobie
13. Male Organ Pain After Oral Sensual Activity: Urethritis?
Author: John Dugan
14. The Growing Relevance Of Mobile Massage Services In Albuquerque
Author: Bernadette Gongora
15. Now Natural Cure For Diabetes Is In Your Fingertips
Author: Salveo Life Sciences Limited