ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Take Care Of Your Diamond So That It Retains Its Shine!By Expert Author: Marie Josephe
Ask any girl how she feels when she has a chipped nail, and she will tell you that she is disheartened. So you can well imagine what will be her reaction when she has a chipped diamond – heartbroken to say the least. The diamond ring that I bought from Elle Jewelry has chipped and all because of my fault. But can a diamond chip? After all it is one of the hardest know gemstone in the world. But if truth be told, diamonds do chip when they get smacked against rocks in the garden, hard surfaces or on granite counter tops. What happens is that they develop cracks in the crystalline matrixes inside the stone.
Before I fixed the chip on the diamond, I had an open discussion with your designer and asked him many questions that came in my mind. When you talk to your designer don’t forget to ask the cost for the work as well as the value of the diamond and is it really worth getting the chip repaired? And then take a decision.
Now the question is what can you do with your chipped diamonds? Well, consider the following six points and you will get your answer. (Well that’s what I did)
• Opt for recutting of the stone. If it is a small sized diamond then there is no point opting for this, but if it is a big diamond ask your designer to re-cut the diamond without losing its original shape and cut.
• If nothing can be done than go for replacing the diamond. In case of small diamonds this is the only option that you have but otherwise if cutting the diamond is not an option even if it is a big sized diamond then go and replace the stone.
• Another great option is to trade your old, chipped diamond with a new one. If you always wanted to flaunt a bigger, brighter and dazzling diamond then this is the ideal time. Trade your older diamond with a new one. It is that simple.
• If your diamond is small in shape and you don’t want to replace it as it has a sentimental value attached to it, then ask your Elle Jewelry designer to go for a setting that will hide one or more of the chips. Ask your designer if he can accommodate this thing.
• Diamonds which are part of a ring have a greater chance of getting chipped then the ones that are set in the necklace or the earring. So what you can do is ask your designer to get a similar piece of diamond and pair both of them to make an earring or if you don’t wish to invest more, ask the designer to set the single diamond in your necklace.
• If nothing works or you don’t want to make any changes then you can always store it, after all even a chipped diamond has its worth.
Now you know what are the solutions available, you can easily opt for anyone of them and as for your chipped nail, relax it will always grow back.
Log in to: http://www.jewelrycouture.com/Elle-Jewelry/35201127/EN to know more about Elle Jewelry and go through their different collections available.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Tips For Choosing The Ideal Cheap Bridesmaid Dresses Uk
2. What To Know Before Going To A Pawn Shop
Author: Lisa Aguilar
3. Tissot Sea Touch T026.420.11.031.00 Mens Watch |the Voodoo Diver From Tissot
Author: Jasson C
4. Ladies Bikinis Znu.com Sport Bikini
5. Sparkly And Lovely Crystal Jewelry For All
Author: Ethan Collins
6. Bikini Online Shop Znu.com Sport Bikini
7. Bikini Pictures Znu.com Sport Bikini
8. Get Your Wedding Dress To Fit Exactly As You Need It To
Author: Wedding Dress
9. Get The Perfect Look In Ball Dresses Nz
10. All In One Swim Dress With Beauty, Style And Sophistication
11. Enjoy The Convenience Of Shopping Sarees Online
Author: Daniel Bennett
12. Accessorize Your Outfit With Bangles To Create A Stunning Look
Author: Olivia Henriques
13. Design And Features Of Platform Boots
Author: Jason Lindsay
14. How To Look Slim In Kurtis
Author: Nupur Tiwari
15. Best Bikini Sites Znu.com Cheap One Piece Swimsuits