ALL >> Health >> View Article
Diet For People With Breast Cancer
Total Articles: 32
Good nutrition may help increase your chance to recover from breast cancer. You will have to set your eyes on specific foods to help you achieve this. Read on.
1. Immediately after surgery, you will need to consume protein-rich foods to combat infection as well as to repair cells. They will assist you in the healing process and get your strength back. Choose to add grated cheese to your salads. Include dry milk to your daily dishes as well. When in the grocery store, look particularly for snacks with protein like almond nuts.
3. Go for low-fat foods like whole grains, vegetables and fruits because these may help you to enjoy more years of your life. Several researches have revealed that women who were diagnosed with breast cancer and followed low-fat diet were able to live longer than the other females with the same disease. Experts say that this is because foods that are lower in saturated fats (eggs and other dairy products) enable women to take only small amount of calories that therefore leads to healthy body weight.
3. A study conducted at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center found out that among the almost 700 survivors of breast cancer involved in the study, a number of them who ate over 15.5 gram of insoluble dietary fiber per day have reduced their risk of relapse by almost 50 percent than other breast cancer patients who consumed no more than 5.4 gram per day. Foods rich in insoluble fiber are brown rice, broccoli, seed, whole wheat, cabbage and whole grains.
4. Some studies suggested that following a diet high in beta carotene may lower your likelihood of dying from this illness. Beta carotene gives vegetables and fruits their orange color. Examples are sweet potato, spinach, carrot, butternut squash, collards and lettuce.
5. Individuals afflicted with breast cancer should also consider including lycopene in their diet plans. It is a compound that gives yellow, orange or red color to some vegetables and fruits. Lycopene helps reduce the risk of breast cancer. It can be found in papaya, carrot, guava, tomatoes, dried herbs, red bell peppers and others.
It is also important to keep yourself hydrated. Water, juice and soups are your good sources of water. Similarly, do not let yourself to feel hungry before you eat. You may consider eating six small meals rather than having three large meals for the day. See to it that there is enough food stored in your home so you can easily have a bite. Likewise, look for recipes that are easy and quick to prepare.
Of course, it is still better to consult with a nutritionist first and discuss about your goals. He or she will design a diet specific to your condition and needs. This is especially if you have health issues other than breast cancer. This is why it is important for every cancer patient to work with a healthcare team. Your physician or oncologist and your dietitian will work together for your recovery.
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel