ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Tcl Associates Asia Review - Japanese Market Finished Higher, While China Declined
Total Articles: 13
Aug. 15, 2013 - CHUO-KU, Japan -- In Tokyo the Nikkei Stock Average gained 1.3% boosted by strong buying the afternoon, after faltering in morning trading. Matthew Stevens, an analyst at TCL Associates attributed the gains in Japan to rumours that Prime Minster Abe is considering lowering corporate tax rates to counter act the rise in sales tax.
South Korea’s Kospi rose 0.6% while, the Chinese Shanghai Composite fell 0.3%. Australia´s S&P/ASX 200 ended with a marginal loss. Trading in Hong Kong was suspended due to a typhoon which generated a force 8 warning from the Hong Kong Observatory.
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia declined 1.2%, even though the bank reported record profits for the year ending June 30th and increased dividend pay outs. TCL Associates's analysts believe investors were disappointed that the bank did not raise its dividends payments to the top end of its 70% to 80% range. Other Australian banks rose, National Australia Bank Ltd. gained 0.8% and Westpac Banking Corp. climbed 1.1%.
In Shanghai construction related stocks lost some of their recent gains. Anhui Conch Cement Co. dropped 1.7%, property developer Gemdale Corp. gave up 0.7% and Citic Securities Co. declined 0.9%. But auto-manufactures helped to boost the market, SAIC Motor Corp. climbed 2.9%.
In Tokyo, JFE Holdings climbed 3%, Kobe Steel Ltd. gained 3.7% and Mazda Motor Corp. took 2.1%. Wednesday´s Asian stock performance followed the strong finish on Tuesday on Wall Street, where the markets were boosted by Carl Ichan statements about Apple and his disclosure of a large stake in the company. American data was also released showing the retail sales in the country increased for a third straight month.
Investing / Finance Articles1. Smart Ways To Prepare For The Tax Season
Author: John Panayis
2. Tax Tips For Teachers 2018
Author: Lauri Pitcher, CPA
3. Quick Same Day Loans
4. How Does The Asian Trading Session Operate?
Author: Viet Son
5. 5 Most Popular Types Of Mutual Funds
Author: Vikas Malhotra
6. Benefits Of Initiating Wire Transfer From Usa To India
7. 5 Tips To Keep In Mind When Using The Emi Calculators
Author: Chintu Yadav
8. Commodity Trading For Beginners – A Descriptive Guide
Author: Sophia Mason
9. 3 Tips To Improve One’s Trading Performance
Author: Amir Milan
10. With Fx Seminars A Beginner Can Easily Mastery On Forex
Author: Joyce Shen
11. Currency Trading – How It Will Be Simplified
Author: Joyce Shen
12. How Can You Get Home Loan From State Bank Of India
13. Secure Your Privacy 100% From Future Data Breaches Like Equifax
Author: Judith Neely
14. Payment Gateway
Author: dus pay
15. Quickbooks Support For Business Thriving And Surviving
Author: Jessica Jones