ALL >> Education >> View Article
Total Articles: 40
Composing a film treatment is among the most exhilarating experience that a film script writer can experience. A tough task but one which gives him a feeling of deep satisfaction, penning treatments that ultimately are reeled into the camera and entertain millions worldwide is any writer's dream come true. A film treatments is a short synthesis of the film's story, a slightly longer version of an outline. It consists of a description of how you want the film to feel when the project is complete. The pace, the tenor and the character arc of the intended film find a place in the treatment. A film treatment is a great tool to raise funds. If the readers - potential film makers -- are impressed, they may agree to shell out the money to produce the film. Once that major hurdle has been crossed, all other challenges seem to pale in comparison.
Writing a film treatment is the step between the time when you have gathered all the relevant information on index cards and the time when you write the first draft script. The ideal length is still a matter of controversy. We can safely say that the length is irrelevant so long as you have included all the important elements of the story. There is no need to detail the camera direction, crew or dialogues. The film treatment comprises the basic plot, and it is written in present tense, prose form. There are two main types of treatments, which depend upon the time and purpose of their composition.
1. Original draft treatment - This is slightly more detailed and longer and is written to guide the author during the screenplay writing process. It may vary in length from 30 to 80 pages, using A4 sized paper, and 12-point, Courier New, single-spaced font.
2. Presentation treatment - This is compiled for the purpose of showcasing the concept. It is a short, scene-by-scene description of the idea, but it should not miss out on any of the important elements that thrust the story forward. The same formatting style is to be maintained in a film treatment of this kind.
Treatments for motion pictures are either a leave-behind document for after the sales pitch, or a road map for the writers as they weave their way through the script writing process. The logical and interesting narration of the concept helps the writer to be creative while restricting the unnecessary aspects. A well written film treatment must carry the following information:
• A suggestive title of the genre
• Writer's name and contact information
• WGA registration number
• The logline or the whole summary in a sentence or two
• An introduction of all the characters
• The story's why, who, why, where and how
• The set-up (beginning), conflict (middle) and resolution (end). This is often referred to as the three-act structure.
It is essential that anyone reading the treatment should be able to expand it into an approximately 100 page, completed screenplay. This means that a film treatment is a salable commodity by itself. There are many professional treatment writers who can help you to write a film treatment.
Education Articles1. 412-79v9 Exam
Author: Jimmy Jacobson
2. Understand The Importance Of Cbap® Training Program
3. Distance-learning, On-campus And Regular With Placement Courses
4. How To Bring About Classroom Software Control Within Purview Of Language Labs
Author: Carol Fleming
5. Trust Calculations
6. Step By Step Instructions To Succeed With Selenium: Open Source Test Automation Tool
Author: Siyaram Ray
7. New Data Structures In Java
Author: siyaram ray
8. Apply For An Online Help For Nursing And Engineering Project
Author: Mely Jess
9. Tibco Bw | Bw Development Training
Author: Vasu Buddi
10. Tibco Businessworks Development | Businessworks Development Training
Author: Vasu Buddi
11. How Distance Mba Can Help You Become A Better Manager?
Author: Jitendra D
12. Motivational Speech By Shiv Khera
Author: Shiv Khera
13. Raja A
Author: MBA ADMISSIONS IN INDIA
14. Improve Your Knowledge And Skill With This Mobile Repairing Course In Patna, Bihar
Author: Hi Tech Institute patna
15. Basic Ways To Obtain Excellent Backlinks That Genuinely Enhance Your Traffic
Author: Rohit Sharma