ALL >> Education >> View Article
Total Articles: 40
Composing a film treatment is among the most exhilarating experience that a film script writer can experience. A tough task but one which gives him a feeling of deep satisfaction, penning treatments that ultimately are reeled into the camera and entertain millions worldwide is any writer's dream come true. A film treatments is a short synthesis of the film's story, a slightly longer version of an outline. It consists of a description of how you want the film to feel when the project is complete. The pace, the tenor and the character arc of the intended film find a place in the treatment. A film treatment is a great tool to raise funds. If the readers - potential film makers -- are impressed, they may agree to shell out the money to produce the film. Once that major hurdle has been crossed, all other challenges seem to pale in comparison.
Writing a film treatment is the step between the time when you have gathered all the relevant information on index cards and the time when you write the first draft script. The ideal length is still a matter of controversy. We can safely say that the length is irrelevant so long as you have included all the important elements of the story. There is no need to detail the camera direction, crew or dialogues. The film treatment comprises the basic plot, and it is written in present tense, prose form. There are two main types of treatments, which depend upon the time and purpose of their composition.
1. Original draft treatment - This is slightly more detailed and longer and is written to guide the author during the screenplay writing process. It may vary in length from 30 to 80 pages, using A4 sized paper, and 12-point, Courier New, single-spaced font.
2. Presentation treatment - This is compiled for the purpose of showcasing the concept. It is a short, scene-by-scene description of the idea, but it should not miss out on any of the important elements that thrust the story forward. The same formatting style is to be maintained in a film treatment of this kind.
Treatments for motion pictures are either a leave-behind document for after the sales pitch, or a road map for the writers as they weave their way through the script writing process. The logical and interesting narration of the concept helps the writer to be creative while restricting the unnecessary aspects. A well written film treatment must carry the following information:
• A suggestive title of the genre
• Writer's name and contact information
• WGA registration number
• The logline or the whole summary in a sentence or two
• An introduction of all the characters
• The story's why, who, why, where and how
• The set-up (beginning), conflict (middle) and resolution (end). This is often referred to as the three-act structure.
It is essential that anyone reading the treatment should be able to expand it into an approximately 100 page, completed screenplay. This means that a film treatment is a salable commodity by itself. There are many professional treatment writers who can help you to write a film treatment.
Education Articles1. Oracle Dba Training In Hyderabad
2. How Can Play-therapy Help Autistic Children?
Author: The Lizard Centre
3. Software Testing- Static And Dynamic Analysis
Author: Siyaram Ray
4. Sap Assignment Help Offers Best Aid To Secure Higher Marks
5. What Fundamental Aspects Right Childcare Granville Follows
Author: Colleen Grenville
6. Exception Handling In Java
7. Best Ccnp & Ccie Certification And Training Course
Author: NetTech India
8. An Overview Of Scrum Master Training Along With Its Benefits
9. Choosing The Perfect College
10. What Jobs Are Available In Big Data Industry?
Author: Roopali Parandekar
11. 5 Reasons To Use An Effective Business Coach In Tauranga
Author: Roger Simi
12. Professional Bookkeeping Service Is Very Important In Today’s Complicated Ledger
Author: Austin Loader
13. Thesis Format
14. How Do Online Cpr Certification Course Work Better With Busy Schedule?
Author: Jennifer Lowrence
15. Pilot Training Eligibility–things You Must Know
Author: HM Aviation