ALL >> Education >> View Article
Making The Most Out Of Your Online Screenwriting Course
Total Articles: 34
If you are thinking about taking an online screenwriting course then there are a few things that you should do in order to prep and get a head start. Firstly you already have a bunch of ideas. That doesn't mean you should have an entire script planned out but maybe a few ideas for characters, settings and themes. Once you have a few ideas learning how to turn them into a script will come naturally.
Thinking Of Interesting Characters
Coming up with an interesting character is easy. Here I'll give you just a few simple techniques you could do right now. Firstly, think of someone you don't know but have met in the past. Think about what they were wearing when you met them, think about how they talked and what they did for a job. Write down as many details about that person as you can remember. Already you should start to be able to formulate the basis of a character. Do this until you have four or five characters and then just chose the one you think you would like to use in a screenplay.
Formulating An Interesting Setting
Thinking of a setting is even easier than the characters. The setting doesn't need to even be interesting, but can be made interesting through the characters. For example, a car park wont exactly be the most exciting place, but think about people that could be in that car park such as a gang of drug dealers. You have already created some sort of tension associated with that particular setting. Just have a think to yourself now about somewhere you know and then put your character in that location with a reason why he is she is there. Just from that small exercise you could expand and create a story.
Coming Up With A Central Theme
The theme of your script is basically what your film is about. You should be able to sum up your film in one sentence. Once you have done that you will have your theme. An example of a theme could be: evil succeeds when good people do nothing. This is the theme of Star Wars. Once you have the theme then it will help you decide where you can take ideas once you have something.
Before you start an online screenwriting course it is a good idea to try and come up with a few ideas using these simple techniques. You will be surprised how much faster you will able to finish a script when you are prepared. Taking an online screenwriting course could be just what you need to get you motivated and turn your ideas into something great.
Education Articles1. 412-79v9 Exam
Author: Jimmy Jacobson
2. Understand The Importance Of Cbap® Training Program
3. Distance-learning, On-campus And Regular With Placement Courses
4. How To Bring About Classroom Software Control Within Purview Of Language Labs
Author: Carol Fleming
5. Trust Calculations
6. Step By Step Instructions To Succeed With Selenium: Open Source Test Automation Tool
Author: Siyaram Ray
7. New Data Structures In Java
Author: siyaram ray
8. Apply For An Online Help For Nursing And Engineering Project
Author: Mely Jess
9. Tibco Bw | Bw Development Training
Author: Vasu Buddi
10. Tibco Businessworks Development | Businessworks Development Training
Author: Vasu Buddi
11. How Distance Mba Can Help You Become A Better Manager?
Author: Jitendra D
12. Motivational Speech By Shiv Khera
Author: Shiv Khera
13. Raja A
Author: MBA ADMISSIONS IN INDIA
14. Improve Your Knowledge And Skill With This Mobile Repairing Course In Patna, Bihar
Author: Hi Tech Institute patna
15. Basic Ways To Obtain Excellent Backlinks That Genuinely Enhance Your Traffic
Author: Rohit Sharma