ALL >> Education >> View Article
Making The Most Out Of Your Online Screenwriting Course
Total Articles: 34
If you are thinking about taking an online screenwriting course then there are a few things that you should do in order to prep and get a head start. Firstly you already have a bunch of ideas. That doesn't mean you should have an entire script planned out but maybe a few ideas for characters, settings and themes. Once you have a few ideas learning how to turn them into a script will come naturally.
Thinking Of Interesting Characters
Coming up with an interesting character is easy. Here I'll give you just a few simple techniques you could do right now. Firstly, think of someone you don't know but have met in the past. Think about what they were wearing when you met them, think about how they talked and what they did for a job. Write down as many details about that person as you can remember. Already you should start to be able to formulate the basis of a character. Do this until you have four or five characters and then just chose the one you think you would like to use in a screenplay.
Formulating An Interesting Setting
Thinking of a setting is even easier than the characters. The setting doesn't need to even be interesting, but can be made interesting through the characters. For example, a car park wont exactly be the most exciting place, but think about people that could be in that car park such as a gang of drug dealers. You have already created some sort of tension associated with that particular setting. Just have a think to yourself now about somewhere you know and then put your character in that location with a reason why he is she is there. Just from that small exercise you could expand and create a story.
Coming Up With A Central Theme
The theme of your script is basically what your film is about. You should be able to sum up your film in one sentence. Once you have done that you will have your theme. An example of a theme could be: evil succeeds when good people do nothing. This is the theme of Star Wars. Once you have the theme then it will help you decide where you can take ideas once you have something.
Before you start an online screenwriting course it is a good idea to try and come up with a few ideas using these simple techniques. You will be surprised how much faster you will able to finish a script when you are prepared. Taking an online screenwriting course could be just what you need to get you motivated and turn your ideas into something great.
Education Articles1. 5 Ways How Laboratorio Linguistico Software Are Encouraging New Idiom Learners
Author: Carol Fleming
2. 4 Verifiable Benefits Of Using Language Labs
Author: Carol Fleming
3. What Is Self-regulation And How Can It Help Kids?
Author: Sherry Shellenberger
5. Top Three Reasons For Studying Photogrammetry
6. Did You Read Ever About These Types Of Algorithm Of Machine Learning?
7. Colors Institute Of Interior Designing
8. Importance Of Pastoral Care In Schools
Author: Priya Varma
9. What Does The Transactional Analysis Training Teaches You?
10. Prepare The Online Dba Interview Questions For Securing Your Dream Job
11. How To Go About Speaking Chinese – Picking The Right Chinese Course In Shanghai
Author: Michel Kern
12. 5 Important Things To Keep In Mind For Online Examinations
13. Water Zone
14. Exam Jn0-420 – Juniper Network Certified Specialist Automation And Devops (jncis – Devops)
Author: John Miller
15. Selenium Training Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar