ALL >> Education >> View Article
Ten Top Reasons Authors Need A Web Site
Total Articles: 40
You may think, "Why not let other Web sites sell my book?"
That's a good plan to get started, but one of the dangers is that book-selling sites may not pay you on time, pay you enough, or just go by the wayside because of low profits. They pay around 30% royalties for print books and 50% royalty for eBooks, and send you checks periodically through the mail. If you have your own Web site for your informational products, you will get to keep all of the money after expenses--always a great advantage, and you will be seen as a market leader in your field.
Top Ten Reasons
1. Enhance your Online and brand presence with your particular "branding"--why your product or service is the right choice—why you are the preferred expert over your competition. For instance, the one who says I can help you make your book dream a reality, faster, cheaper, and easier. How? Through designing every part of your book to sell copies--before you write a single chapter applying the essential "hot selling points," and how to write each chapter much faster with less editing using the "fast-forward" technique.
2. Enhance product awareness. When your targeted visitors come to you site to see your free articles and tips, they will become aware of the products you offer. They may not buy the first time, the second or even third time, but if you keep your site updated with new information every week and mark your site that you have done so, your visitors will keep coming, and up to fifty percent will buy.
3. Boost your leads fast. When you entice your reader with a testimonial or a free bonus report to leave their email address, you will be able to continue to stay in touch with them. Allow them to download a free chapter or excerpt of your eBook. Illustrate with benefits and a testimonial why they should sign up for your free ezine.
4. Reach new customers worldwide. Once you get up on the Web, many people will come to your site from all over the world. Your ezine or teleclass can connect with people outside your area because your subscribers or participants think so much of you that they forward the good news to their friends and associates. Only targeted buyers come bringing a much higher rate of sales.
5. Add a new sales channel. Maybe people know you or your products offline through networking groups or other business ventures. A Web site makes you even more respected, and Online people expect you to have a Web site because they love the convenience and speed of Online ordering.
6. Increase your existing sales channels, such as post cards, talks, book signings, or radio interviews where you do business with an 800 free order telephone number. Guest speak on one of your hot topics on well-known marketers teleclasses. Offer a special price on one of your books. Orders will stream in! Offer improved customer service and support because so many people like to buy Online.
7. Reduce support costs. You would spend far more on rent for a real office and need more equipment and furniture plus more support staff. Online marketing is far easier, cheaper and more effective than the mail, telephone or fax.
8. Reduce the cost of doing business. In your home-based virtual office, you will have much less overhead. For eBooks, you won't have to spend time or money on postage, packaging, or mailing. You reduce your dependence on other sales channels such as the brick and mortar bookstore, which only take your book through a distributor or wholesaler. All of these folks take a hefty percentage to greatly reduce your profits--up to 80%. Online bookstores may accept your eBook or print book readily. Visit their sites such as www.BookLocker.com or www.Amazon.com for details.
9. Increase your profits up to ten times. When you sell your eBook or product to an Online Book-selling site, you may receive a commission up to 50%. When you sell your print books Online, they will give you around 30% royalties delivered by check every few months. These monies support the author, not the unwieldy publishing monolith who spends most of its time and money on big-ticket authors.
10.Reduce your marketing time because email communication is short, fast, and gets to the point quickly. You don't have to spend time buying stamps and special envelopes and stationery. With a computer assistant, you can look like Barnes and Noble reaching many thousands of Online buyers by putting ongoing attention and maintenance on your site.
If you are like me, you will enjoy keeping track of your increasing sales each month. You will enjoy staying in touch with your buyers. When they order on your site you can keep track of them, put them in your address book, and send them follow up information, free bonuses and requests.
Education Articles1. Planning A Career In Law? We Suggest You Read This First!
Author: Sukanta Singha
2. Ball Pen Or Gel Pens: The Choice Is Yours!
3. 7 Reasons Why Patent Consultant Is The Right Career For You
4. Cissp Drill Kits
Author: Peter Baumann
5. Get Iot Training Online To Thrive In Existing Iot Space
6. Digital Marketing Course
7. Detailed Description About Java Multithreading
Author: Infocampus is a best java training institute loca
8. Significance Of Sap Fico In The Growth Of Business
Author: tyrion william
9. What All Do You Need To Know About Payday Loans And Its Application Process?
10. 220-902 Exam Certification
Author: Peter Baumann
11. Choose Digital Marketing Over Traditional Method
Author: Vijay Kulkarni
12. Benefits Of Temporary Employment
Author: Weston Barnes is a write and an avid reader. When
13. Multithreading In Java
Author: Firstenquiry is an institute that provides Advanc
14. An Overview On Oracle Hyperion Training
15. Requirements To Study In Spain