ALL >> Education >> View Article
Comedy Script Writer
Total Articles: 38
A comedy script writer is a humor writer who is able to point out the funny side of life. It is easy to laugh but quite different to make others people laugh. Comedy is a distinct genre of writing. Nobody is a born comedian nor can he learn it sitting in a class-room. A comedy script writer picks up the basic ingredients and polishes the skill through experience. Most of what it takes to be a writer of narrative comedy scripts is intangible.
Comedy script writers who can bring laughter in others are always a pleasant company and sought after by their comrades. In the same way, a comic writer, who has the ability to tickle the reader, gains popularity. In this context, a comedy script writer endowed with a sense of humor, soon grabs the attention of readers, movie makers, and eventually the viewers.
The comedy writer uses the sarcastic remarks made by actors or the irony of certain situations to bring in the effect of fun and frolic. Today when life has become an upward struggle for most people, a little bit of entertainment to lighten the overwhelming strife is a welcome change. This fact places a comedy script writer on a higher pedestal than ever before. In order to continue his mission successfully, he must ensure top quality outpourings in the screenplay he writes. For this he must remember to:
- Intersperse the story with the best jokes that had thought of and saved from earlier creative writing efforts.
- Blend the jokes naturally with the general content of the screenplay. There should be a balance between the storyline and pranks. The jokes must be delivered at appropriate time.
- Keep away from watching or listening to any other comical show on the TV or radio because his brain may use words or jokes from them unconsciously.
- Try to follow the style of a famous comedian. A mentor will be a good source of inspiration for the comedy script writer.
- After having written the screenplay, set it aside for a few days. Pick it up once again and read to see whether he finds what he has written funny.
Humor transcends all barriers -- age, gender, cultural and ethnic. There is timelessness in hilarity. Until today the silent movies showing the absurdities of Charlie Chaplin sent viewers down the aisle roaring with laughter. Easy as it may seem on the screen, the work of a comedy script writer is far from it although it is quite lucrative. The writer can never be sure what will be taken as a joke and what will not. A little bit of practice is all it takes for a person with the right talent to compose scripts for TV or films that cheer the audience. The comic flaws in characters of the story triggers laughter. The way they act, react, and interact results in situations that are amusing. The comedy script writer makes the most of such circumstances and characters to steep his story with wit.
Education Articles1. Foreign Credential Evaluation For Cpa
Author: Ross Barkely
2. Chinese Language Facts
3. Chinese Language And History
4. Characteristics Of Chinese Language
5. 300-165 Exam Dumps
Author: thomas lamar
6. Cantonese Chinese
7. About Chinese Language
8. German Orthography
9. German Dialects
10. Geographical Distribution Of German Speakers
11. Early New High German
12. Advantages Of Learning German Language
13. English As A Second Or Foreign Language
14. 201-400 Exam Dumps
Author: thomas lamar
15. English As A Global Language