ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Particularities Of Selling An Art Item As Gift
Total Articles: 449
My friend Samuel, a native of London, was telling me yesterday that he’s not worried about the fact whether gifting was an art or science. What mattered most to him was that of satisfying his desire and vanity that intrinsically comes along. I preferred not to argue as Samuel at times behaved like a locked horns. Let’s discuss the topic to understand a seller’s view point in it.
Why a Gift Seller should know Gifting is an Art or Science?
Some opine that gifting is an art and some say it’s a science. To me, it’s a combination of both; precisely it’s an art with a pinch of science. How? Gifting is about satisfying one’s desire, wishes in terms of something’s aesthetic or material values that generally come in a package of vanity and sentiments. Gifting therefore at best can be an art; but at times you would be required to know what works fine for which particular combination. There lies the call of science.
Tips on Selling an Art piece as a gift:
Selling an art object such as an antique sun wall clock would necessitate you to know in which all occasion/s the item can effectively be presented as a gift particularly when you are catering to a niche market.
• Keeping the right stock: Just be right in stocking the art objects in sync with the test and preferences of your niche market – may be your neighbourhood and its adjoining office area. Art objects specifically antique ones demand premium and as such, it would not be an frequent selling item and there would always be some shelf life of the item. You have to keep in mind this as well vis-à-vis your customer profile.
• Addressing the right niche: The next step involves in approaching the right niche, say through personal circles and / or local high profile magazines to communicate about the new arrivals at your store along with a little description as to why it all stand special as a gift. Target the premium magazines only which have an entry to the high income groups.
• Wrapping a gift: This is the place where you can really make a difference in hitting the right chord of HNI (high networth individuals) as your customers. How?
Wrapping up a gift successfully would require an adept hand – it’s certainly not every one’s cup of tea. Because, some of the items would invariably be fragile and some touchy too.
• Be adept in beating your own drum: This is another approach to differentiate yourself from the herd of art sellers. We have just finished wrapping up the gift and finally handing it over to the customer in a carry bag or in cartons. Now, you must know how to beat your own drum so that the next time the customer is in need of you he / she should call you up directly without taking pains to search around, perhaps over the net, for the gift shops in their neighbourhood. How?
Know the art of cackling. It means talk about yourself wherever you get the opportunity – be it your product or the service or both. The ideal opportunity in this case would be putting your communication right on the carry bag or carton in an artistic manner (no jumble of words please………) along with your contact details. Try and include your cell number. A lot of people have the tendency to avoid sharing cell number without knowing the fact that they are doing so at the cost of their businesses.
Strive for running the art store successfully as they say, success breeds success only.
Business Articles1. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Concrete Staining
Author: Ben Lager
2. What To Look For When Hiring An Ocean Freight Shipping Company
Author: William Santos
3. Top 4 Advantages Of Concrete Coating
Author: Ben Lager
4. Centrifugal Blower Manufacturer In India|centrifugal Blower Fan
5. Building A Modern Architecture Homes- Planning And Concept
Author: Leila Adam
6. Thorough Proofreading Finesses Documents, Raises The Organization’s Reputation
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
7. Design And Build Contractor Singapore – Get The Best Services From Interior Renovation Contractor!
Author: James Han
8. Meishen–a Bright Star In Magnesium Oxide Industry
Author: hu Allen
9. Grow Customer Base And Market Presence With Pharmacist Email Lists For Your Business Campaign
Author: Adam Tyson
10. Adapt New Forms Of B2b Communication With Infection Control Directors Mailing List
Author: Andrew Rayel
11. Moby Wrap Baby Carrier
12. Care For Your Deck
Author: Blue Star Carpentry has been specializing in custom decks for over a decade. When you sit outside wi
13. How Does A Small B2b Company Increase The sales?
Author: Mohit Yadev
14. Latest Job Vacancies In India
15. Why Are Aap And Congress Supporters Opposing A Tax Reform Like The Gst? Are They Anti-nationals?
Author: Mohit Yadev