ALL >> Business >> View Article
Selling Homemade Cakes As Gifts
Total Articles: 490
Hey Mr. Grumpy – yes, I mean you sitting at the other end of the counter of the gift store. Are you listening? A guy yelled at Mr. Wilson - an octogenarian who has a gift card store at the Broad Street. Now, let me ask you did you get any message here? No? Then, sit back and take long breath and perhaps a glass of cold water and make yourself comfortable enough to read the aforesaid lines once more. ‘m sure this time you have cracked the underlying myth of the lines that I insisted for visiting once more.
What a gift seller should know beforehand?
From a marketer’s perspective a seller, wanting to own a gift store, should address the following questing before taking a plunge into it.
What makes the gift store rocking?
Why do you think people should come to you?
Where should you open the store?
What would you do to make sure first timers’ come back to your store?
Tips on selling homemade cakes as gifts:
• Making the secret recipes: A combination of factors contributes in making homemade cakes a rocking success provided you have the knowhow to an extent followed by zeals to experiment with. No chef on earth knows every minute details of making different dishes; what they bank on is their prolific knowledge on some recipes backed by years of experiences that allowed them to do permutations and combinations of ingredients thereby achieved a whole new product as the output. This applies to homemade cakes effectively. More importantly you are aware of the tastes and preferences of the people in the neighbourhood much better than anybody else. This can be construed as the first step in selling your homemade cake as a gift.
• Packaging: Once you are done with the cake just ponders over the issue of packaging. You have unlimited options here like buying some packets from the market and get your cake wrapped. But that won’t help you as it will not create an identity for yourself. Suggest to consult an expert on this who would ideally come up with some thoughts based on prevailing perceptions your neighbourhood. This way you will always have a competitive advantage catering to the particular niche.
• Personal Touch: The third step involves personal touch which will surely create a differentiation in products if not materially then aesthetically. How? Just add hand written name of the person neatly on the packet in a tasteful manner to whom it is intended to. Believe you me, this simpleton personal touch will simply create an awesome impact on the receiver.
• Be Proactive and Punctual: On special occasions like Mother’s Day or Father’s Day take the help of local newspaper vendors for distributing some leaflets campaigning about your homemade cakes which will not cost you big bucks for sure. This way people in the neighbourhood and adjoining areas will come to know about you. But, you have to be punctual in the matters of delivery as well on receipt of orders.
A piece of advice – never take your customers for granted. You have to be competitive and innovative enough to retain them for sure.
Business Articles1. Styrene Prices Updates In First Quarter Of 2017
Author: Mirza Zahid Baig
2. Updated And Cost-effective Ibm Crm Users Email Lists To Reach Target Audience At The Right Time
Author: Jordan Smith
3. Opportunities For The Global Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics Market To Grow At A Cagr Of 9.5%
Author: Roy Almaguer
4. What Is The Procedure Of Manufacturing Tissue Paper Using The Toilet Paper Machine?
Author: Zack Kugler
5. Best Property Dealer In Bhopal
6. Bells And Whistles Of A Servo Voltage Stabilizer
Author: R. D. Electric Works
7. Technical Writing For Hr Professionals
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
8. Best Campers For Your Adventure
Author: Paul Wright
9. Explaining Different Oil Cooling Methods To Avoid Loss In Transformers
Author: Trutech Products
10. How To Control And Monitor Your Sales And Field Force With Actouch Sales Force Automation (sfa) Mobi
11. Web Designing And Web Development Company Toronto
Author: Unknown Member
12. 7 Essential Reasons To Associate With Naswiz Retails Private Limited And Make A Difference To Your L
Author: Shilpa Sharma
13. Save Money And Time With Best Reloading Supplies
Author: SUPPLY DROP
14. Prove Yourself By Showing Your Fashion Taste By Beaded Bracelets
Author: John Winslow
15. Professional International Freight Forwarding Services Offer Best Solutions