ALL » Business >> View Article
Selling Books As A Gift Item To A HomemakerBy Expert Author: Luther King
They say, a Chinese wife and a Japanese cook will make a great combination for you to live your life to the full circle. I really don’t know how far it’s true as I haven’t been fortunate (???) this time with none of them. What ‘m trying to make out of this is that homemakers are the ones who make every home rolling and by saying so I wish to caution all prospective sellers that never ever dare to undermine this segment which virtually makes the wheels spin and they are the ones who must be considered seriously while you are targeting the mass market.
Who’s a homemaker?
A homemaker literally refers to a wife who manages a household while her husband earns for the family. But, in my opinion this is a myopic view of the word ‘homemaker’. Homemaker should refer to you and me as well as we too managed homes in our bachelor days and ought to manage homes while wife is out for some work or others. To me, a homemaker is one who maintains the household irrespective of his/her earning status.
Tips for selling books to homemakers:
Even though e-reading has gained momentum over the years now; still a lot many people regularly read paper books. To sell books to a homemaker you can try out the steps involved.
• Know your customer (a homemaker):
A problem well defined is half solved – so goes a saying that vividly tells us that your knowledge about your customers or TG (target group) will help you sail through the upheavals of your business cycles. Because, a sale takes place only when you customer is sold to your product’s features and attributes that he / she might have experienced at some point of time in life or yet to experience but banking on you. In both the cases you are the custodian of your customer and therefore can’t afford to shy away from your responsibilities.
Knowing the customers means perceiving at times about their desires alongside their tastes and preferences and actual requirements. During your selling career both as a salesman or a retailer you will come across many a situation where the actual products available – may be in quantity vis-à-vis price don’t suit your customers’ exact requirement or aspirations. Then, how to address it?
• Redressing your customers’ desires and aspirations:
You might get confused here on the thought that ‘m going to talk about monetary compensations, No my dear – certainly NOT. What I mean to say is that here you need play the role of a consultant even to a homemaker who’s not fully satisfied with the current product line vis-à-vis its costs. Why? Because, a homemaker always has to tread on a budget and therefore he/she always looks at value for money. Your role would be to keep suggesting homemakers to buy books that are currently offering discounts and freebees. Every homemaker loves to see a freebee or some additional thing/s within the budget. This invariably creates a feel good factor for the homemaker on you.
My suggestion is that you better look for creating more and more such feel good situations which will eventually make your business a booming success through your customer loyalties.
Business Articles1. Asphalt Driveway Repairs In Long Island – How To Go For It?
Author: Joshua Young
2. Why Social Videos Matters For Video Ad Networks
3. Meet The New York Fashionable Clothes Design Partner
4. High Quality Fashion Merchandising Site In New York.
5. Top Notch Designing Services In New York
6. Meet The Fashion Designing Experts Of New York
7. The Most Reliable Custom Embroidery Partner In Ny
8. Quality Automobile Locksmith Service Is All You Need
9. Keep Your Family And Business Safe With Lock Smith
10. Emergency Locksmith Services Are Readily Available
11. Discover Guaranteed Locksmith Services Today
12. Do Away With Crime For Good Effortlessly
13. It’s True! Global Payroll Outsourcing Has Become Important
Author: Sandra Lee
14. Top 7 Factors To Consider While Choosing Amongst The Best Contemporary And Business Hotels In Delhi
Author: Satya Svelte
15. Translate For A New Atlas
Author: Shreya Gupta