ALL >> Business >> View Article
Selling A Premium Car To A Prodigal As A Gift Item
Total Articles: 449
Selling to a prodigal – does this sound lunatic? If yes, read on – perhaps I can add a few points in your thought to ponder. I myself into sales spanning more than the last 17 years, what I can vouch is any amount of sale takes your gut out.
Who’s a prodigal?
There’s an adage that says ‘a miser robs himself and a prodigal robs his heirs’. A prodigal literally connotes the one who spends lavishly and recklessly. Modern day prodigal however is a different breed of customers altogether who earn high and spend high because of change in life style and high pressure jobs that demand most part of their life. I will therefore confine discussion to this prodigal class only; i.e., people who spend profusely their hard earned money. How? Through pubs, restaurants, high end gadgets, cars and night clubs and what not.
Myths about sales:
There are several popular beliefs about sales and at a glance it all appear very easy to achieve. But, unless you venture to run you won’t get to know what it takes to win the race for sure that aptly fits into business as well.
Popular selling myths are -
• Myth 1: Just select a good spot of your choice and sit down with your items. People will automatically pick them up in exchange for money.
• Myth 2: Sale is not happening, perhaps you need a bit push sale. Just give away discount making a bit inroad into your income. No matter, you will come up soon since people will be thronging around your shop.
• Myth 3: Still no progress, you better should stock costly items as you have opened up your shop in the posh locality; thereby you will be destined to the dooms day finally and for sure.
• I can keep on adding the myths; but my friend it will not help you. Why? Because, fads don’t pay – you have to be grounded enough to understand market dynamics and how a market operates based on consumer movements. Please understand that there’s no perfect selling proposition – one that clicks for you should be treated as the best selling strategy for you. Look at the neighbourhood stores prevalent in Asian countries that thrive on year after year, may be generation after generation, catering to a niche market only. How? All that I can say on a generalist’s view is that they all thrive on one factor – that’s CONVENIECE.
Tips for selling a Premium Car to a prodigal:
• By this time you must have understood that prodigals belong to the higher echelons of our society with strong purchasing powers and need not say that they don’t like to be at par with the common man in whatever they eat, wear, ride or reside. Based on your business you have to be an expert in addressing one or more such traits of prodigals if you wish to have a pie of that premium market.
• Selling to a prodigal therefore in real terms is not easy. It’s as typical as handling middleclass / poor consumers with a difference and the differentiation lies in your approach as befitting products’ image and vanity with the prodigals are much more important than that of their actual needs.
• Do the ego massage whenever you get the opportunity; but do it with utmost sincerity so that it doesn’t sound cheap.
I cordially hope that I could make a point or two for you to ponder. Have a happy selling!!!
Luther King writes articles on gift ideas, tips on gifts nellore and gifts ongole.
Business Articles1. Business Baby Backpack Carriers Are Indeed Great
Author: babycarriers australia seo
2. Tips For Starting Your Home Based Business
Author: Michael Jacobsen
3. Good Engineering Colleges In Jaipur
4. Mm Laser Clinic Was Founded On Three Main Principles Part - I
Author: Unknown Member
5. A Glance At The Top Themes In Indian Wedding Decorations For 2018
Author: Shabu Miah
6. Jaipur College Of Engineering
7. Customized Harnesses Available On Request Part - Ii
Author: Unknown Member
8. Great Service, Sooner Rather Than Later, Makes A Website Successful
Author: Surabhi Joshi
9. Entrance Exams For Admission In Reputed Colleges
10. Wedding Photography Services Margaret River
Author: Ben Yew
11. Escuchar Y Descarga Canciones Mp3 Part - I
12. Mission Statement Part - Ii
Author: For more details on our products and services, ple
13. Multichannel Marketing- The Only Marketing Technique To Triumph
14. Best Pediatrician Texas
15. The Function Of Web Development Services
Author: makemy website