ALL >> Business >> View Article
How To Sell Ice Cream To An Eskimo As A Gift
Total Articles: 490
Can you sell ice to an Eskimo? Mad or what? It may be your immediate reaction to this proposition. But, have you wondered Eskimos too might need your assistance in choosing the right ice while ice is all around? Couldn’t get yet?
I think I have made too many questions already. Your head by now might start spinning unless you have been comfortable enough to pay attention to the underlying myth of all those statements / questions. Let me take that onus for you – my beloved readers and friends.
Who is an Eskimo?
In our discussion an Eskimo is the one who is extremely conservative about selection of a gift.
How to sell Ice Cream as a gift?
Selling ice cream as a gift item might sound as a herculean task – isn’t it? Not really, if you know how to go about it. Steps to follow:
• Assisting an Eskimo in choosing the right ice:
When a customer pays visit to your ice cream parlour in many a case he / she had done his / her home work for the right purchase. Again a few would always be there who would come to your shop first and then decide what to purchase. The customer in reference in the second category; i.e., choosing the gift post arrival at your shop is a separate class altogether who can comparatively be moulded with ease to confine his/her purchase within the options / products available in your store. But, the first set of customers who have come to your gift store with a preset mind will be stubborn to a great extent on their choices. Hence, convincing and selling them the items available in your store would more or less amount to selling ice to an Eskimo. Here you bank on your intension in closing the sale.
• How to sell ice to an Eskimo?
The first and foremost tip in this case would be never allow such customers to be on top your head while fiddling with their egos; but keep recommending products in a persuasive manner and take them along to a wide range of products with distinctive features and prices (obviously to the extent your store will support). Hammering with the recommendations, suggestions and perhaps a bit of imagination on your part by reading the customers’ mood you can make a big difference.
At the end of the day we are all human. Despite of our so called professional attire and cover on the face at heart we all love a little bit of appreciation, a personalized care while shopping. These things don’t cost you; but demand your business acumen for closing a sale. More importantly, it helps in winning a customer for life.
• Walking an extra mile for your customer:
Now you have closed a sale on ice cream as a gift; the crux lies in delivering it in tact to the venue. For addressing this issue you must have a carrier on your own that can effectively deliver the item at the venue without loss. This way you will take away customers’ worry on presenting an ice cream as a gift.
As I said, we all are human. A little thought provoking act with some degree of innovativeness can spell the wonder in gift selling business.
Business Articles1. Styrene Prices Updates In First Quarter Of 2017
Author: Mirza Zahid Baig
2. Updated And Cost-effective Ibm Crm Users Email Lists To Reach Target Audience At The Right Time
Author: Jordan Smith
3. Opportunities For The Global Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics Market To Grow At A Cagr Of 9.5%
Author: Roy Almaguer
4. What Is The Procedure Of Manufacturing Tissue Paper Using The Toilet Paper Machine?
Author: Zack Kugler
5. Best Property Dealer In Bhopal
6. Bells And Whistles Of A Servo Voltage Stabilizer
Author: R. D. Electric Works
7. Technical Writing For Hr Professionals
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
8. Best Campers For Your Adventure
Author: Paul Wright
9. Explaining Different Oil Cooling Methods To Avoid Loss In Transformers
Author: Trutech Products
10. How To Control And Monitor Your Sales And Field Force With Actouch Sales Force Automation (sfa) Mobi
11. Web Designing And Web Development Company Toronto
Author: Unknown Member
12. 7 Essential Reasons To Associate With Naswiz Retails Private Limited And Make A Difference To Your L
Author: Shilpa Sharma
13. Save Money And Time With Best Reloading Supplies
Author: SUPPLY DROP
14. Prove Yourself By Showing Your Fashion Taste By Beaded Bracelets
Author: John Winslow
15. Professional International Freight Forwarding Services Offer Best Solutions