ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Tips To Follow When Placing A Bird Feeding Table In Your GardenBy Expert Author: cuckoosgarden cuckoosgarden
Bird table is the most important thing if you enjoy feeding birds in your garden. The table will motivate the birds to return back again and again to grab the food stuff that you will put on the table and the bits dropped on the ground.
A bird table is very popular during the winter months when the natural food of the birds such as insects and berries are in short supply. These tables are useful for feeding the birds all the year round as they offer a variety of food and you get to experience the pleasure of watching the attractive birds. Feeding the birds in your backyard not only gives you pleasure but also gives a helping hand to the local wildlife. The Bird Feeding Tables serve as a simple way to feed the birds in your garden. Here are few tips that will help you to attract a wide variety of birds to your garden.
1) All most all the bird tables are available as fixed to a post but can also get ones that can be hung on a tree. These feeding tables are ideal for attracting the shy or secretive birds to your garden.
2) When choosing a feeding table you should make sure that the wood of the table is made of FSC approved sources. The same principle applies whenever you are making a table by your own self. You should check that whether it has been certified by the FSC. Your supplier will help you to find out if you are not sure.
3) When you are choosing a location for your feeding table then make sure that it is away from the windows, doors and paths as your movement will scare the birds away.
4) You should choose a table with a roof as this will keep the food dry and also does not allow the large birds such as gulls or magpies to eat the food before the smaller gets a chance.
5) You should regularly clean the table. You must clean it with a special cleaner or a mild disinfectant as this will prevent the spread of diseases.
6) You should put a special baffle or metal collar across the post of the table as this will prevent the predators such as squirrels to attack on the birds or eat their food.
7) You should place the table near a leafy tree or a thick bush as this is a safe place for the birds to fly if being suddenly attacked.
8) Though the bird feeding tables are made of wood but the plastic, glass or metal tables will last longer and will better suit to the modern and urban gardens.
9) You should choose a ground feeder if you want to attract birds like thrushes, wagtails, blackbirds. A low table can be set on the lawn or patio.
After following these tips you will start experiencing large variety of species of birds in your garden. These birds will enjoy feeding on the food that you will put on the everyday.
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald