ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Write Scripts From Real Life Stories
Total Articles: 40
Stories based on real life have a "pre-built" story and make some of the most compelling films around.
In one way this can make a screenwriters job easier, and in another, make it far harder.
First you should read, watch and research other real life stories that have been adapted into books, movies, or plays. Real life stories have a completely different feel to them vs. a fictional story.
Make sure you find the real life story of the main character personally interesting before agreeing to the project. If you are not personally moved and inspired by what this person went through, the script will not be the best it can be and your main characters story will not get the attention it deserves.
So you like the story, no wait, you love the story. Well then, write down the key points that make you love it.
The most important part is to interview, interview, interview! You need to interview as many people as possible who know (or knew) the main character of your story, specifically people that were involved in whatever aspect of that person's life you are writing about.
After you have completed your interviews you might find it extremely helpful to write a "character study" for each main character in the script. If you have a description of each character pinned on your idea board staring you in the face every day you will become more in tune with who each of these people are and you will be better able to portray them properly.
Next you need to outline your story. Normally a real life story is based on a particular event and/or certain time frame of the main characters life. Therefore you did not need to go into extreme detail about their life prior to this event and/or time unless it directly affects the story and/or outcome.
Certain parts of the lead characters past will need to be altered without damaging the foundation of the script in order to make it more captivating for the reader and/or viewer as well as turning a profit for all invested parties. You will have to use your creativity to slightly alter time lines, or to add more entertaining scenes.
Just as you did with the character studies, write down the most dramatic and moving parts of the main characters story. Start listing details that you want to ensure are included in each scene, along with other specific details. Once you get the biggest scenes out of the way the rest should just fill itself in.
Most importantly make sure to be true to yourself and true to the main character and their journey.
Education Articles1. 412-79v9 Exam
Author: Jimmy Jacobson
2. Understand The Importance Of Cbap® Training Program
3. Distance-learning, On-campus And Regular With Placement Courses
4. How To Bring About Classroom Software Control Within Purview Of Language Labs
Author: Carol Fleming
5. Trust Calculations
6. Step By Step Instructions To Succeed With Selenium: Open Source Test Automation Tool
Author: Siyaram Ray
7. New Data Structures In Java
Author: siyaram ray
8. Apply For An Online Help For Nursing And Engineering Project
Author: Mely Jess
9. Tibco Bw | Bw Development Training
Author: Vasu Buddi
10. Tibco Businessworks Development | Businessworks Development Training
Author: Vasu Buddi
11. How Distance Mba Can Help You Become A Better Manager?
Author: Jitendra D
12. Motivational Speech By Shiv Khera
Author: Shiv Khera
13. Raja A
Author: MBA ADMISSIONS IN INDIA
14. Improve Your Knowledge And Skill With This Mobile Repairing Course In Patna, Bihar
Author: Hi Tech Institute patna
15. Basic Ways To Obtain Excellent Backlinks That Genuinely Enhance Your Traffic
Author: Rohit Sharma