ALL >> Business >> View Article
Tips For Landlords Before Letting The Property For Student Accommodation
Total Articles: 230
Before renting out your property for Jesmond student accommodation, it is important for the landlords to do their home work well. There is no standard or a written guide for it but there are certain things that you must keep in mind. In this article we will mentioning a few tips that will be helpful for you in renting your property for student accommodation,
- Put on advertisement
Start with putting on advertisement for your Jesmond student accommodation. Clearly define what you want and what do you have to offer. Describe the details of your property and amenities you have to offer. Mention the address and other contact details.
- Rent value based on property condition
Based on the condition of your Jesmond student houses evaluate the rent value of the house. If the condition of your property is good then you quote a reasonable rent and if you have many other extra amenities to offer then you will have an upper hand. The other factor that will affect the rent value will be the location of the accommodation. The location can fetch a very good rent and on the hand can affect it as well.
- Hire an agent
Next you can do is hire an agent. They will first evaluate and property and can give you an idea about how much rent your property can get. This amount could be more or less that what you would have evaluated. The agents will also help you in finding the right person for you. Since they are in contact with students on a regular basis, they can start getting prospective students from the day you hire them.
- Certifications for the house
There are certain certifications that your Jesmond student accommodation must comply and fulfill. you must have the following up to date certificates.
• Portable Appliance Testing certificate
• Gas safe certificate
• Electrical certificate
• Energy performance certificates
• Furniture, bedding and soft furnishings have the correct labels attached
And where applicable your property must be licensed as an HMO. If you are unsure of your legal obligations as a landlord the local council will advise you of what is required.
- Background check of the prospective students
Thoroughly get the background of the students checked. Your Jesmond student accommodation should be safe enough to be given to the person you have chosen.
- Interview the students
Make sure that you interview your student tenants well. Clear all your queries before signing the dotted line with them.
- Set terms & conditions
Put your terms and conditions of your Jesmond student accommodationclearly to your tenants. Things like notice period, Rent, Amenities and Rent increment after a year should be well mentioned in the contract.
Business Articles1. Tiles Style Guide For Your Home Interior Décor!
Author: Ruchir Jethva
2. What Are Gst’s Seven Deadly Defects?
Author: Mohit Yadev
3. The Asean (association Of Southeast Asian Nations) Automotive Composites Market Is Expected To Grow
Author: Lucintel LLC
4. The Expanding Scope And Sphere Of Artificial Intelligence
Author: Avaali Solutions
5. Best Performance Based Software Development Company
6. Tips To Choose A Interior Designers For Home
Author: Anny winslet
7. 5 Tips To Find A Notable Insurance Accident Repair Centre!
Author: Rob Porter
8. How Can You Set Your Mark In The World Of Construction Using Online Business Directories?
Author: John Smith
9. Buy Cheap Assignment Online
10. Vilnius Activities & Tours
11. An Introduction To Thermal Spray
Author: Ross Barkely
12. How To Find The Best Towbar Accessories Suppliers In Australia
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. How To Gain Good Profit On Comex Signals By Gold Crude Research
Author: Gold Crude Research
14. Uk's Largest Canopies And Walkways Supplier
15. Residential Pest Control - How You Can Prevent Insect Problems
Author: Michael Gray