ALL >> Business >> View Article
Tips For Landlords Before Letting The Property For Student Accommodation
Total Articles: 230
Before renting out your property for Jesmond student accommodation, it is important for the landlords to do their home work well. There is no standard or a written guide for it but there are certain things that you must keep in mind. In this article we will mentioning a few tips that will be helpful for you in renting your property for student accommodation,
- Put on advertisement
Start with putting on advertisement for your Jesmond student accommodation. Clearly define what you want and what do you have to offer. Describe the details of your property and amenities you have to offer. Mention the address and other contact details.
- Rent value based on property condition
Based on the condition of your Jesmond student houses evaluate the rent value of the house. If the condition of your property is good then you quote a reasonable rent and if you have many other extra amenities to offer then you will have an upper hand. The other factor that will affect the rent value will be the location of the accommodation. The location can fetch a very good rent and on the hand can affect it as well.
- Hire an agent
Next you can do is hire an agent. They will first evaluate and property and can give you an idea about how much rent your property can get. This amount could be more or less that what you would have evaluated. The agents will also help you in finding the right person for you. Since they are in contact with students on a regular basis, they can start getting prospective students from the day you hire them.
- Certifications for the house
There are certain certifications that your Jesmond student accommodation must comply and fulfill. you must have the following up to date certificates.
• Portable Appliance Testing certificate
• Gas safe certificate
• Electrical certificate
• Energy performance certificates
• Furniture, bedding and soft furnishings have the correct labels attached
And where applicable your property must be licensed as an HMO. If you are unsure of your legal obligations as a landlord the local council will advise you of what is required.
- Background check of the prospective students
Thoroughly get the background of the students checked. Your Jesmond student accommodation should be safe enough to be given to the person you have chosen.
- Interview the students
Make sure that you interview your student tenants well. Clear all your queries before signing the dotted line with them.
- Set terms & conditions
Put your terms and conditions of your Jesmond student accommodationclearly to your tenants. Things like notice period, Rent, Amenities and Rent increment after a year should be well mentioned in the contract.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla