ALL >> Business >> View Article
Tips For Landlords Before Letting The Property For Student Accommodation
Total Articles: 230
Before renting out your property for Jesmond student accommodation, it is important for the landlords to do their home work well. There is no standard or a written guide for it but there are certain things that you must keep in mind. In this article we will mentioning a few tips that will be helpful for you in renting your property for student accommodation,
- Put on advertisement
Start with putting on advertisement for your Jesmond student accommodation. Clearly define what you want and what do you have to offer. Describe the details of your property and amenities you have to offer. Mention the address and other contact details.
- Rent value based on property condition
Based on the condition of your Jesmond student houses evaluate the rent value of the house. If the condition of your property is good then you quote a reasonable rent and if you have many other extra amenities to offer then you will have an upper hand. The other factor that will affect the rent value will be the location of the accommodation. The location can fetch a very good rent and on the hand can affect it as well.
- Hire an agent
Next you can do is hire an agent. They will first evaluate and property and can give you an idea about how much rent your property can get. This amount could be more or less that what you would have evaluated. The agents will also help you in finding the right person for you. Since they are in contact with students on a regular basis, they can start getting prospective students from the day you hire them.
- Certifications for the house
There are certain certifications that your Jesmond student accommodation must comply and fulfill. you must have the following up to date certificates.
• Portable Appliance Testing certificate
• Gas safe certificate
• Electrical certificate
• Energy performance certificates
• Furniture, bedding and soft furnishings have the correct labels attached
And where applicable your property must be licensed as an HMO. If you are unsure of your legal obligations as a landlord the local council will advise you of what is required.
- Background check of the prospective students
Thoroughly get the background of the students checked. Your Jesmond student accommodation should be safe enough to be given to the person you have chosen.
- Interview the students
Make sure that you interview your student tenants well. Clear all your queries before signing the dotted line with them.
- Set terms & conditions
Put your terms and conditions of your Jesmond student accommodationclearly to your tenants. Things like notice period, Rent, Amenities and Rent increment after a year should be well mentioned in the contract.
Business Articles1. Five Things You Could Be Doing Wrong While Choosing Your Renovations Team
Author: Stephen Kavita
2. Add Value To Your Lancaster Home With The Right Renovations & Remodeling
Author: Cory Frank
3. Get The Most Out Of Family Counseling
Author: Cory Frank
4. The Case For Composite Decking
Author: Blue Star Carpentry
5. Motivation & Support
6. What Is A Leased Line And Its Advantages
Author: Ketan Shah
7. Carpet Cleaning And Flood Damage Repair
8. General Description About Bolts
Author: Harpreet Chhabra
9. Garage Door Service Irvine
10. Carpet Cleaning In Tustin
11. Colorado Garage Door Company
12. Hollywood Hills Carpet Cleaners
13. Custom Home Bars Make The Perfect Spot For Your Home Parties
Author: Larry Lynch
14. Overview On Benefits Of Telco Cost Saving To Benchmark Your Business
Author: Amber Brake
15. Corona Del Mar Carpet Cleaning