ALL >> Business >> View Article
Ultratech Cements Its Standing In Gujarat With Jaypee Deal
Total Articles: 3
The deal to buy JP's Gujarat plant could push UltraTech's stock up by 20%
UltraTech has approved the acquisition of Gujarat Cement Unit of Jaypee Cement Corporation. This move could potentially increase the UltraTech's stock value by 20% up to Rs 2086 in the medium term, according to analysts. UltraTech will acquire the 4.8 million MT cement capacity from JP Associates at an enterprise value of $125 per MT. UltraTech guided the acquisition will be effected over the next 6-7 months. UltraTech would a pay a consideration equal to EV less liabilities taken over, which is currently estimated at Rs 1.5 billion and would result in maximum dilution of ~0.32% at current market price of the stock.
Quality asset at a bargain price
The Gujarat plant has an installed clinker capacity of 3.6 million MT and grinding capacity of 4.8 million MT at two locations in Rajasthan. These plants also have almost 100% captive power capability of 57.5 MW. It has 30 MW of GD set power, jetty for sea transportation and a cement bag manufacturing unit for 5 million MT per annum. The plant has limestone reserves for 90 years and has huge land bank of 5470 hectares which can help UltraTech double the plant's capacity in future through brownfield expansions. Given these factors, a valuation of $125 per MT is very-competitive vis-a-vis the current market valuation of $150 per MT.
Leadership position further boosted in the Gujarat market
Post this acquisition, UltraTech's capacity in Gujarat will increase to 12.5 million MT against total installed cement capacity of about 28 million MT in Gujarat with a 44% capacity market share. UltraTech's installed capacity in India post this expansion stands at 56 million MT, and it will go up to 67 million MT over the next two year driven by its ongoing expansions in Chhattisgarh, Karnataka and Rajasthan. In our view, UltraTech can slow down its brown-field expansion of 2.9 million MT in Rajasthan post this deal until it ramps up the utilization of the newly acquired assets.
Multiple margin levers that can be utilized by UltraTech to improve these plants profitability
Going by market estimates, UltraTech commands a Rs 2- Rs 5 per bag premium over the JP Cement brand in the Gujarat market. Hence, this acquisition will positively impact the plants profitability when it starts selling under the UltraTech brand. This can boost these plants operating margins by about 2% to 7%. Margins can further benefit from improvement in plant utilization rates. Currently, these plants are operating at about 70% utilization versus UltraTech's existing utilization rate of 95%. Additionally, the management expects to derive synergy benefits of about Rs 300-400 million per annum from this acquisition from efficient inter plant clinker transfer, better access to Gujarat market, increase in cost efficient coastal movement. Further, UltraTech would benefit from the tax advantage on carried forward business losses and unabsorbed depreciation of the JP Associate plants.
Business Articles1. Retrofit Height Adjustable Desk
2. Bring In Professional Experts To Rule Out The Adverse Effects Of Fire Damage
Author: Ethan Lewis
3. Mp Breaking News –easily Know The Every Single Movement Happening Around Mp
4. Carbonated Soft Drink
5. Get The High Quality Patio That Will Make You Happy And Satisfied
Author: Carol Belanger
6. Get The Fitted Wardrobe That Will Make You Happiest In Your Room
Author: Kevin Gasser
7. Get The Right Training Room For Your Important Event
Author: Singapore training
8. Learn How To Get A Carport That Suits Your Needs
Author: Adam Greger
9. Contact Professional Company For Best Retaining Walls Adelaide Solutions
10. Choose Banc De Binary Broker For Opening An Account In Binary Options Trading Market
11. Medicos Venezolanos Para Trabajar En Ecuador, Foro Ecuador
12. Taking Care Of Your Floors During The Winter
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc. is a family owned and operated establishment. Barry Silverstein has over 38 y
13. Phen375 Vs Phenq Fat Burning Diet Pills Reviews Shocking Comparison Facts
14. Let’s Understand Real Estate Regulations Act [rera]
Author: Aksha Group
15. Various Benefits Of Using Silver Coated Copper Wires For Industrial Applications
Author: Nitin Pratap Singh.