ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Make Hotel Rooms Feel More Like Home
Total Articles: 468
Business travelers often take trips in part because of the ready supply of cheap travel options, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, discount travel packages, and cheap auto rentals. The challenge of frequent travel is that it can lead to higher stress levels as well as poor eating and sleeping habits.
One of the best ways to counteract such destabilizing behavior is for travelers to take along elements from their home lives so that their hotel rooms do not feel cold and lonely.
Jet lag, new locations, always on the move, missing personal connections with family or friends, all can take a toll on a person both mentally and physically.
Increasingly, hotels are trying to make their rooms seem more like home. For example, the Residence Inn, Marriott’s extended stay brand, offers a complimentary grocery shopping service. All guests need to do is to turn into the front desk their grocery lists, and shortly thereafter when they return to their rooms, they will find fully stocked kitchens just like they have at home.
The San Diego Hotel Solamar will frame any photo of that special someone that you send before you check-in so that you will see a familiar face when you first enter your hotel room.
The following are strategies experienced frequent business travelers have come up with to make their hotel rooms feel homier:
• Travel with your own pillow.
• Pack a candle or spray can with your favorite scent. Guests find that a room that smells like home makes it feel fresher, homier, and helps sleep come easier.
• Travel with a piece of jewelry that reminds the wearer of home.
• If you are going to stay at a hotel for several days, make a point of learning the names of hotel staff members. This helps guests develop an easy rapport with the staff and often leads to better treatment.
• Ask for a vase for the room and find a florist. Some guests believe that placing flowers by their beds improves their health because of the aroma.
• Travel with your own tea bags and healthy snacks.
• If you are going to stay at a hotel for several days, empty the minibar and fill it with healthy food. Peoples’ moods generally improve when they eat food that they would usually eat at home.
• Set up small speakers to listen to music while you work or relax.
• Pack travel size products of the shampoo and soap that you use at home.
• Move furniture around if you do not like your room’s layout. For example, move your desk if there is better light in another part of the room, so that it is easier to see when working.
• Maintain your normal routine, such as exercising or sleeping at the same times you usually do so at home.
• Unpacking your suitcase is another way to feel more settled.
Travel Articles1. 5 Top Places To Visit In Alibaug
Author: Hruday Chand
2. Car Rental Services To Explore In Rajasthan With Shreeji Taxi
3. Kenya's Top 5 Places To Visit On Your African Safari
Author: Meddy Byakali
4. India Tour Operator - Planned Trek For This Country
Author: Rakesh Kumar
5. Airport Parking Options - What's Best For You?
Author: Alex Mayers
6. Top 4 Holiday Destinations In Hyderabad For A Fun Weekend :
Author: Aakruthi priya
7. Mouth-watering Foods From Kerala
Author: James Matt
8. 3 Signs That You Need A Holiday Break
9. A Visit To At The Top, Burj Khalifa
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
10. 5 Technologically Advanced Countries In Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
11. A Budget Traveller’s Guide To Ooty
12. Get Complete Adventure With Trekking In Nepal
Author: Himalayan Asiatreks
13. Pick Out The Right Tour Packages In Kolkata To Enjoy Reliable Service
14. Rent A Car In Kolkata To Visit Major Place At Right Time With No Risk
15. Choose The Best Holiday Packages To Get Fun Filled Experience