ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Pre-screening Airport Program Being Expanded
Total Articles: 468
Even though travelers tend to highly value cheap fares, including cheap airplane tickets and cheap vacation packages, they often get frustrated by the time it takes, and what they have to do (i.e., take off or out shoes, belts, jackets, computers) to go through airport security checkpoints.
The good news is that the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is rolling out its expedited screening program being referred to as “PreCheck” to 60 new U.S. airports by the end of the year. It will also be adding more lanes for the program already in place in 40 U.S. airports.
PreCheck fliers are allowed to leave laptops and small liquids in their carry-on bags and keep their shoes and light jacket on when going through airport security checkpoints.
Currently only very frequent fliers who have been invited by their airlines or passengers who already belong to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s trusted traveler programs are eligible to join the PreCheck program.
Today Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines, US Airways, and Virgin America participate in this program. JetBlue and Southwest are expected to join as soon as they are operationally ready.
PreCheck is part of an overall airport security shift whereby more attention is being shifted to higher risks that select passengers may pose. TSA is determined to stop treating all fliers as equal potential security threats and redirect its focus to provide the most effective security in the most efficient way possible.
Later this fall an application process will be launched that will allow passengers who will be flying out of one of the 100 participating airports to join PreCheck by paying $85 and then verifying their identity and providing fingerprints at enrollment centers.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson