ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Pre-screening Airport Program Being Expanded
Total Articles: 468
Even though travelers tend to highly value cheap fares, including cheap airplane tickets and cheap vacation packages, they often get frustrated by the time it takes, and what they have to do (i.e., take off or out shoes, belts, jackets, computers) to go through airport security checkpoints.
The good news is that the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is rolling out its expedited screening program being referred to as “PreCheck” to 60 new U.S. airports by the end of the year. It will also be adding more lanes for the program already in place in 40 U.S. airports.
PreCheck fliers are allowed to leave laptops and small liquids in their carry-on bags and keep their shoes and light jacket on when going through airport security checkpoints.
Currently only very frequent fliers who have been invited by their airlines or passengers who already belong to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s trusted traveler programs are eligible to join the PreCheck program.
Today Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines, US Airways, and Virgin America participate in this program. JetBlue and Southwest are expected to join as soon as they are operationally ready.
PreCheck is part of an overall airport security shift whereby more attention is being shifted to higher risks that select passengers may pose. TSA is determined to stop treating all fliers as equal potential security threats and redirect its focus to provide the most effective security in the most efficient way possible.
Later this fall an application process will be launched that will allow passengers who will be flying out of one of the 100 participating airports to join PreCheck by paying $85 and then verifying their identity and providing fingerprints at enrollment centers.
Travel Articles1. Dfw Airport Shuttle Service & Other Options - Know Why They Are Best For Airport Ride
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Cheap Boat Rental In Miami – Things You Should Know
Author: Pavel Pinchuk
3. Apply For An Australian Eta Visa
Author: Patricia Ehic
4. How Can A Taxi App Benefit An Existing Taxi Operator?
5. Holidays At Nepal Himalaya
Author: Sudip Shahi
6. Kerala Holidays Packages – Enjoy The Amazing Natural Beauty
Author: Top Travel
7. Angola Tourist Visa For Indian Citizens
Author: Dinesh Varma
8. Visit Interesting Attractions During Your New York Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
9. 10 Travel Tips For Your First Trip To Turkey
Author: Archis Roy
10. Why Should You Book Galveston Transportation For Your Vacation?
Author: Phillip Mihatov
11. Wedding Transportation Fulfilled In Washington Dc Via Limousine In Dc
Author: Wedding Transportation Fulfilled in Washington DC
12. Taxi Services In Dehradun, Dehradun Taxi Service
13. Make Your Tour Outstanding With India Holiday Packages
Author: Tree Trunk Travel
14. Enjoy The Combination Of The Remote Valley On Choosing This Trekking Service
15. Enjoy Everest Base Camp Trek With Best Travelling Experience