ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Pre-screening Airport Program Being Expanded
Total Articles: 468
Even though travelers tend to highly value cheap fares, including cheap airplane tickets and cheap vacation packages, they often get frustrated by the time it takes, and what they have to do (i.e., take off or out shoes, belts, jackets, computers) to go through airport security checkpoints.
The good news is that the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is rolling out its expedited screening program being referred to as “PreCheck” to 60 new U.S. airports by the end of the year. It will also be adding more lanes for the program already in place in 40 U.S. airports.
PreCheck fliers are allowed to leave laptops and small liquids in their carry-on bags and keep their shoes and light jacket on when going through airport security checkpoints.
Currently only very frequent fliers who have been invited by their airlines or passengers who already belong to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s trusted traveler programs are eligible to join the PreCheck program.
Today Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines, US Airways, and Virgin America participate in this program. JetBlue and Southwest are expected to join as soon as they are operationally ready.
PreCheck is part of an overall airport security shift whereby more attention is being shifted to higher risks that select passengers may pose. TSA is determined to stop treating all fliers as equal potential security threats and redirect its focus to provide the most effective security in the most efficient way possible.
Later this fall an application process will be launched that will allow passengers who will be flying out of one of the 100 participating airports to join PreCheck by paying $85 and then verifying their identity and providing fingerprints at enrollment centers.
Travel Articles1. Fishpond Taxi Or Clifton Taxi – Delivering Maximum Convenience For The Clients!
Author: Michel Umer
2. Restaurant La Source – La Source Restaurant In Paris Is All Set To Cater You In The Most Unique Way!
Author: Ano Nymous
3. Shuttle Service From Honolulu Airport To Hotels & 4 Best Accommodations For Travelers
Author: Trung Tran
4. What Does The Inclusion Of A Kitchen In A Hotel Room Mean To The Hotel Industry?
Author: The Lotus
5. Uganda – A Country Of Sheer Wildlife
6. Gorilla Tracking Etiquettes In Uganda
7. Looking For Cheap Flights To London? Find Low Cost Flights Here!
8. Looking Forward To Relax? Will Transport You To A Tranquil World
Author: Mr. Dave
9. Car Service In Dfw & List Of The Top Rated Restaurants In The Dfw Area
Author: Shakil Ahmed
10. What Places One Need To Visit During His Sahara Desert Tour?
Author: Mohamed El Galouti
11. Prom Parties With A Charter Bus In San Francisco
Author: Hire Charter Bus
12. Hemingway’s Cuba
Author: Stephen David
13. Canada Immigradation Consultants In Hyderabad
Author: visas permits
14. Enjoy Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing And Safari To Africa And Tanzania Wildebeest
15. How To Find Best Serviced Apartment Accommodation In Nairobi
Author: Sanajay SHah