ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
Motor Insurance Claim For Your Vehicle - A Simple Process
Total Articles: 141
To make a motor insurance claim for vehicles if there is an accident is easy. It is a simple two to three step process to ensure you peace of mind in your hour of need. The first step is to call a customer service centre to register your claim and get a registration number for future reference. Information such as your contact number, policy number, vehicle number, time and date of accident, nature of damage incurred, if there is an injury are recorded.
All motor insurances companies have tie ups with garage networks which offer you cashless facility for servicing your vehicle. A surveyor would be appointed to check the vehicle at the garage and give approval for the repair. The vehicle would be handed back to you post your satisfaction on the repair done. If you choose to repair your vehicle at one of the garages in the network of the motor insurance company, the claim is settled directly at the garage. You might have to just pay for the damage that is not covered under the insurance or which is not related to the accident.
Alternately, you can repair the car at any garage you want to and get back the amount spent as reimbursement. This reimbursement can be obtained only once the repairs are done and your have submitted your bills to the motor insurance company’s claims department.
The motor insurance claim process is smooth and has been kept easy for the convenience of the customer. Your motor insurance policy would cover claims if there is damage to your vehicle due to a natural calamity like fire, flood, earthquake or cyclone. Accidents, riots, strikes or terrorist activities are also covered by a motor insurance claim. Insurance for damage during transit by road, rail, air or inland waterways are provided by the insurance claim process. The next circumstances are of ‘voluntary excess’ or ‘deductible’. It is a definite sum of money an insured, which, is you, choose to bear if there is an accident and the rest is insured under the policy.
Motor insurance companies also compensate for injury or death of the driver or owner of a car which is insured, damages caused to a third party during an accident, third party property damaged, etc. Motor insurance policy excludes common damage to the car, mechanical or electrical breakdown, damage incurred outside the country or damage caused at the time of driving under the influence of alcohol. Your claim would not be welcome if the accidental damage to the car and property has happened due to any of the exclusions mentioned by the motor insurance company.
It is very essential to have a car insurance policy. Author Pranav Sharma is an experienced insurance professional and widely read expert on general insurance based in Mumbai. Pranav helps readers opt for best car insurance policy in India.
Insurance Articles1. Avail Mortgage Adviser North London Services To Find Best Deals In The Market
2. Any Car Insurance Quote Online Will Outline The Basic Price Of The Premium Based On The Information
Author: winds lu
3. How To Find A Good Home Insurance Broker
Author: Jason Davis
4. What Makes Accounting Outsourcing In Dubai A Wise Decision?
Author: Fadi Khan
5. The Life Insurance Brokers London Can Help You Choose The Best Policy That Suits To Your Needs
6. Help From Insurance Adjusters For Property Insurance Claims In New Jersey
7. 3 Reasons To Take A Retirement Insurance Plan
Author: Edelweiss Tokio
8. Maldives: The Blue Lagoon
Author: Pranvi Jain
9. Everything Needs To Know About No Credit Check Installment Loans
10. Avail Life Insurance Brokers London Services To Find The Best Policy Suitable For Your Family Needs
11. Know More About Teenage Auto Insurance Why It Is Expensive But Necessary
Author: Charlene Hubbard
12. Top Reasons You May Need Funeral Insurance In New Zealand
Author: Funeral Insurance NZ
13. Critical Illness Insurance, The Way To Ensure The Safety Of Your Loved Ones
Author: Ian Nuwan
14. Insurance In Hong Kong
15. Home Insurance Companies In California And Its Astonishing Benefits
Author: caleagle Insurance