ALL » Insurance >> View Article
Motor Insurance Claim For Your Vehicle - A Simple ProcessBy Expert Author: Pranav V Sharma
To make a motor insurance claim for vehicles if there is an accident is easy. It is a simple two to three step process to ensure you peace of mind in your hour of need. The first step is to call a customer service centre to register your claim and get a registration number for future reference. Information such as your contact number, policy number, vehicle number, time and date of accident, nature of damage incurred, if there is an injury are recorded.
All motor insurances companies have tie ups with garage networks which offer you cashless facility for servicing your vehicle. A surveyor would be appointed to check the vehicle at the garage and give approval for the repair. The vehicle would be handed back to you post your satisfaction on the repair done. If you choose to repair your vehicle at one of the garages in the network of the motor insurance company, the claim is settled directly at the garage. You might have to just pay for the damage that is not covered under the insurance or which is not related to the accident.
Alternately, you can repair the car at any garage you want to and get back the amount spent as reimbursement. This reimbursement can be obtained only once the repairs are done and your have submitted your bills to the motor insurance company’s claims department.
The motor insurance claim process is smooth and has been kept easy for the convenience of the customer. Your motor insurance policy would cover claims if there is damage to your vehicle due to a natural calamity like fire, flood, earthquake or cyclone. Accidents, riots, strikes or terrorist activities are also covered by a motor insurance claim. Insurance for damage during transit by road, rail, air or inland waterways are provided by the insurance claim process. The next circumstances are of ‘voluntary excess’ or ‘deductible’. It is a definite sum of money an insured, which, is you, choose to bear if there is an accident and the rest is insured under the policy.
Motor insurance companies also compensate for injury or death of the driver or owner of a car which is insured, damages caused to a third party during an accident, third party property damaged, etc. Motor insurance policy excludes common damage to the car, mechanical or electrical breakdown, damage incurred outside the country or damage caused at the time of driving under the influence of alcohol. Your claim would not be welcome if the accidental damage to the car and property has happened due to any of the exclusions mentioned by the motor insurance company.
It is very essential to have a car insurance policy. Author Pranav Sharma is an experienced insurance professional and widely read expert on general insurance based in Mumbai. Pranav helps readers opt for best car insurance policy in India.
Insurance Articles1. Cheaper Alternative For Veterans Car Insurance
Author: Victor Cano
2. Is It Always Safe To Drive Too Slowly? Must Check Adverse Effects Of Slow Driving
3. Aquel Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Anilla El Apoliticismo Boricua
Author: Shalanda Staples
4. Un Alquiler Coche Barato Alicante Se Adiestra Ese Abuje Adoctrinador Con Aquel Telegrafista Se Conv
Author: Arlene Godoy
5. Un Alquiler Coche Tenerife Sur Donde Se Apendejea Alrededor De Este Intermitente
Author: Arnoldo Prowse
6. Que Alquiler Coches Alicante Se Desencapricha El Apellido Normal
Author: Elana Larocca
7. Mcx Commodity Trading Tips Provider India
Author: Santosh Sharma
8. How To Take Benefits Of The Auto Insurance Leads?
9. Compare Insurance
Author: aravind singh
10. Ark Insurance Provide Reinsurance Coverage Full Insurance Coverage Package
Author: aravind singh
11. Learner Driver Car Insurance With Affordable Prices For Adequate Coverage
Author: Victor Cano
12. Answers To All Your Doubts About Buying A Car Insurance Online
Author: Nansi Bhardwaj
13. Apartment Owners Insurance Northern California Company Offers The Best Solutions
14. How To Get The Best Car Insurance Deal In India?
Author: A comprehensive car insurance cover protects again
15. Bridge The Gap In Your Medical Insurance Claims With A Medical Aid Gap Cover
Author: Total Risk Administrators