ALL >> Business >> View Article
Five Don'ts For Effective Background Verification
Total Articles: 91
It is now a common practise among corporate to conduct a through background check before inducting the new-hires into the organization . Companies cannot afford to make mistake in hiring employees as one wrong hiring can badly affect your company, your workforce, your clientèle and definitely your margins. Apart from the losses and a hit to the margins, company would have to spend more time, efforts and money to find a worthy replacement, not to forget the chances of facing a lawsuit in case the employee proves to a dishonest and unethical person or when the employee defrauds the company.
We give you five don't of employee screening that not many would have advised you.
Don’t look into past antecedents in isolation- It is always advisable to refrain from looking into the result of each antecedent's verification in isolation. Microscopic views always blur the real picture, hence, leading to wrong hiring decision. For instance, criminal background check may reveal a past of petty teenage theft which when looked into in isolation may result in lay-off. However, looking into other relevant aspect may reveal the reason behind such activities which can ;lead the company to take a prudent hiring decision.
Don’t conduct verification through wrong ways- unfortunately, there is always a easier and not so correct way of doing verification. However, the best results can be attained with the right way of conducting employee screening. In addition, there are best screening practices adherence to which is expected from every background verification company.
Don’t forget to communicate- It is always advisable to speak to the candidate and discuss the outcome of the background verification, though it is not a widely accepted practice. A conversation with the candidate can bring out mistakes, misconceptions and any errors that are found in reporting.
Don’t focus on negatives- Background screening is inherently considered as a tool to bring out the negative points of a person and of his background. However, background checks are capable of bringing out both positive and negative side of a person which is more helpful for the company in deciding which capabilities would be of benefit to the company, or who among the perspective employees has a better aptitude for the job role.
Don’t conduct background check yourself- when it comes to background check, background verification companies possess resources which are not available with companies. This is why companies are always advised to rope in a background check company for employee screening requirements.
Business Articles1. Household Shifting Services In Bangalore Mumbai Unionpackers
2. How Can You Lower Your Lcl Sea Freight Costs?
3. How To Keep Yourself Safe While Working At Heights
4. Opportunities For The Global Gallium Arsenide Wafer Market To Reach $1.3 Billion By 2023
5. Floral Arrangement For The Perfect Summer Wedding
Author: John Miller
6. 5 Reasons Why Your Website Need Mobile App Development
Author: Anshul Sharma
7. A Gift For Planning Your Event
8. Why Is A Good Night Sleep Essential?
Author: Lewis Carroll
9. Sterlite Copper - The Journey Through Controversies
Author: Alanna Alberto
10. Enhancing Your Business Sales Using Wordpress
11. With Proper Training And Certificates, One Can Become An Expert Risk Manager
Author: George Hoover
12. Anand Enterprises
Author: Anand Enterprises
13. A Good Adwords Agency Is Things You Will Need For The Company!
Author: Magdalene Munter
14. Top Advantages Of Asphalt Seal Coating In Ontario
Author: Vadim Muravyev
15. Take Your Travel Experience Into Another Level By Exploring The Best Location Of India