ALL Ľ Business >> View Article
Five Don'ts For Effective Background VerificationBy Expert Author: Naman Vohra
It is now a common practise among corporate to conduct a through background check before inducting the new-hires into the organization . Companies cannot afford to make mistake in hiring employees as one wrong hiring can badly affect your company, your workforce, your clientŤle and definitely your margins. Apart from the losses and a hit to the margins, company would have to spend more time, efforts and money to find a worthy replacement, not to forget the chances of facing a lawsuit in case the employee proves to a dishonest and unethical person or when the employee defrauds the company.
We give you five don't of employee screening that not many would have advised you.
Donít look into past antecedents in isolation- It is always advisable to refrain from looking into the result of each antecedent's verification in isolation. Microscopic views always blur the real picture, hence, leading to wrong hiring decision. For instance, criminal background check may reveal a past of petty teenage theft which when looked into in isolation may result in lay-off. However, looking into other relevant aspect may reveal the reason behind such activities which can ;lead the company to take a prudent hiring decision.
Donít conduct verification through wrong ways- unfortunately, there is always a easier and not so correct way of doing verification. However, the best results can be attained with the right way of conducting employee screening. In addition, there are best screening practices adherence to which is expected from every background verification company.
Donít forget to communicate- It is always advisable to speak to the candidate and discuss the outcome of the background verification, though it is not a widely accepted practice. A conversation with the candidate can bring out mistakes, misconceptions and any errors that are found in reporting.
Donít focus on negatives- Background screening is inherently considered as a tool to bring out the negative points of a person and of his background. However, background checks are capable of bringing out both positive and negative side of a person which is more helpful for the company in deciding which capabilities would be of benefit to the company, or who among the perspective employees has a better aptitude for the job role.
Donít conduct background check yourself- when it comes to background check, background verification companies possess resources which are not available with companies. This is why companies are always advised to rope in a background check company for employee screening requirements.
Business Articles1. Asphalt Driveway Repairs In Long Island Ė How To Go For It?
Author: Joshua Young
2. Why Social Videos Matters For Video Ad Networks
3. Meet The New York Fashionable Clothes Design Partner
4. High Quality Fashion Merchandising Site In New York.
5. Top Notch Designing Services In New York
6. Meet The Fashion Designing Experts Of New York
7. The Most Reliable Custom Embroidery Partner In Ny
8. Quality Automobile Locksmith Service Is All You Need
9. Keep Your Family And Business Safe With Lock Smith
10. Emergency Locksmith Services Are Readily Available
11. Discover Guaranteed Locksmith Services Today
12. Do Away With Crime For Good Effortlessly
13. Itís True! Global Payroll Outsourcing Has Become Important
Author: Sandra Lee
14. Top 7 Factors To Consider While Choosing Amongst The Best Contemporary And Business Hotels In Delhi
Author: Satya Svelte
15. Translate For A New Atlas
Author: Shreya Gupta