ALL >> Web-Hosting >> View Article
Requirements To Look For When Hiring A Hosting Provider
Total Articles: 13
So, now your website is ready for carrying on your information to the internet world. Just having the website alone is not enough and you are now in need of a hosting provider for making your portal to float on the World Wide Web. Before hiring any such service provider, you will have to ensure that you look for a few things from them and here are some of those things mentioned:
FTP Access: There are some hosting companies, who just provide access and control on the web server via an online form. But, this will restrict your control over the pages. Moreover, it is difficult to get content up to the site via a form. So, before selecting a company ensure that they do not provide any limit towards access your pages.
Adequate disk space: The adequacy of disk space will differ from one portal to another. Even though, it cannot be said at the initial stages as to whether a particular level of space would be enough to your portal or not, it would be wise to select a firm, who is providing the facility to go for a disk space expansion as and when needed.
Reasonable bandwidth: Bandwidth is nothing, but a scale, which determines the level of data that flows across a network in a set period of time. For instance, if you have 5 MB of page content and it will be viewed only once in a month, your website is using 5MB of bandwidth.
Recommended features: When it comes to the selection of a hosting provider, it would be wise to ensure whether the packages provided by them have features like email accounts, PHP, control panel, SSH access, etc...
Look for options: It would be wise to select a company, who is offering different packages of hosting in such a way that you can compare between them and arrive at the right suitable packages after analyzing, different features like domain names, database, email accounts, traffic and web space.
If you are a start up firm, a starter pack provided by these companies would be a wise choice. Then, you can select a different package once you begin to find that the traffic to your portal has increased considerably. This is why it is recommended that you should go for a firm, who is providing the facility of shifting to a new package if you are finding that your need for disk space has increased considerable.
Mike ter Stege is an online/internet entrepreneur providing quality services for website owners. These services include goedkope webhosting, domeinnaam registreren, SEO and much more. Beside named services i also provide impartial advice for website owners to help them translate their activities into an online success. To know more, please visit us online.
Web Hosting Articles1. Creating Faster Websites And Website Monitoring For A Global Business
2. Brief Overview Of Public Cloud Hosting Solutions
3. Importance Of Dns For Website Uptime
4. Build Your Social Website Without Any Efforts
5. Why Failover Support Is Needed For Your Business Website?
6. Why Use A Site Monitor Service To Check A Site’s Api Responses?
7. 7 Questions To Ask Regarding The Security Of Hosting Services
Author: Andrew Stevenson
8. Knowing The Domain Registration From The Guidance Of Hosting Provider
Author: Prism online
9. Types Of Serveriu Hostingas And Their Advantages And Disadvantages
Author: Host Net
10. Know The Right Difference Between Cloud & Virtualization
Author: Manoj Nagesh
11. Dedicated Servers – To Manage Workloads In A Performance Driven Environment
12. Don’t Rely On Free Online Website Monitoring Tools For Accurate Site Performance Assessment
13. Is Your Website Really Experiencing Downtime And How To Resolve Common Issues?
14. How To Advertise After A Natural Disaster?
15. Things You Need To Monitor Before Your Website Launch