ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Different Types Of SapphireBy Expert Author: shivangigupta gupta
Nature produces sapphires in a number of attractive colours. Since the commonest variety of sapphire is blue, the name sapphire has become synonymous with the blue stone.
However, one must remember that sapphires of all colours could be bought in the market like yellow, pink, orange, golden, purple, green, white along with a sapphire that changes its colour. Major sources of this hard gemstone are Burma, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, Australia, East Africa, and the United States of America.
Kinds of the sapphire stone
Sapphires by nature are an extremely hard and durable stone. Interestingly, it is the hardest gemstone other than diamond.
Blue Sapphires are the most family stone in the entire sapphire family. The finest quality of these semi precious stones are found in Kashmir, Burma, and Sri Lanka. Blue sapphires are considered the perfect and exceptional sapphires. All sapphires look best when placed under a source of light. The largest blue sapphire weighed 423 carats! This flawless gemstone originated in Sri Lanka and has impeccable rich blue colour. Blue sapphire comes in two shades - cornflower blue and deep blue.
Pink Sapphire is the second most popular kind of sapphire available in the market. The vibrant pink shade of this stone is extremely attractive. Actually, only an expert can decide if the stone is a pink sapphire or a ruby. The American Gemological Laboratories (AGL) has a grading system in place that distinguishes these two gemstones.
Yellow sapphires are relatively lesser popular. Yellow sapphire is also called pukhraj. The golden hue and brightness of this stone is truly spectacular.
Purple Sapphires are purple or plum in colour. Some stones also have a gray or brown tinge.
Color Change Sapphires are beautiful stones. This is one of the rare stones that can change from one colour to another, depending on the source of light. Sapphires look blue during the day and look purple or violet under certain lights. The colour changing sapphires with a more dramatic change, is more in demand. However, one should not be able to see two colours at one given time.
Green Sapphires are found in Africa and Burma which are very much in demand.
Star Sapphires have a distinct and sharp six-rayed star in its center. This appears in bright lighting and the quality depends on the sharpness of star, symmetry of the rays, and the body colour.
Enticed by a sapphire? Buy it online for attractive discounts.
This article has been written and posted by an astrologer working at Gempundit.com that offer to buy Yellow Sapphire Stone and also provides free of cost consultancy and advise on Pukhraj Stone and gives the more information on how to Buy yellow sapphire.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. How To Improve The Loading Speed Of Your Ecommerce Website
2. Getting Creative Gifts For Special People In Life
3. Nikon Launch New Nikon D3300
Author: digital cermera
4. Rekindling Romance? Send A Rose To The Special One!
Author: Mark Wilson
5. Find Versatile Office Décor Items From Online Handicraft Store
6. How To Purchase Fine Art Collections Of Gifts Online Without Worrying About Shipping
Author: Racheal Christion
7. Take Care Of Your Lens With Eyeglass Repair Sugar Land
8. An Introduction To Temperature Controls
Author: Ring Hpt Water
9. The Pros And Cons Of Buying Whole Residence Water Clear Out
Author: Ring Hot Water
10. A Small Step Towards A Healthy Living
Author: Dhruv Singh
11. 6 Tips To Select Ladies Leather Purses
Author: Nick Theodore
12. Why Fitness Enthusiast Must Visit Nordic Wellness I Haninge
13. Purchasing Best Quality Musical Instruments Online
Author: Rayhill Audio
14. Magicfit Makes It Easy To Get Your Pre-pregnancy Shape Back
Author: Waist Trainer
15. Get The Costume You Need For The Adult Costume Party You're Attending
Author: Costume Party