ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Different Types Of Sapphire
Total Articles: 92
Nature produces sapphires in a number of attractive colours. Since the commonest variety of sapphire is blue, the name sapphire has become synonymous with the blue stone.
However, one must remember that sapphires of all colours could be bought in the market like yellow, pink, orange, golden, purple, green, white along with a sapphire that changes its colour. Major sources of this hard gemstone are Burma, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, Australia, East Africa, and the United States of America.
Kinds of the sapphire stone
Sapphires by nature are an extremely hard and durable stone. Interestingly, it is the hardest gemstone other than diamond.
Blue Sapphires are the most family stone in the entire sapphire family. The finest quality of these semi precious stones are found in Kashmir, Burma, and Sri Lanka. Blue sapphires are considered the perfect and exceptional sapphires. All sapphires look best when placed under a source of light. The largest blue sapphire weighed 423 carats! This flawless gemstone originated in Sri Lanka and has impeccable rich blue colour. Blue sapphire comes in two shades - cornflower blue and deep blue.
Pink Sapphire is the second most popular kind of sapphire available in the market. The vibrant pink shade of this stone is extremely attractive. Actually, only an expert can decide if the stone is a pink sapphire or a ruby. The American Gemological Laboratories (AGL) has a grading system in place that distinguishes these two gemstones.
Yellow sapphires are relatively lesser popular. Yellow sapphire is also called pukhraj. The golden hue and brightness of this stone is truly spectacular.
Purple Sapphires are purple or plum in colour. Some stones also have a gray or brown tinge.
Color Change Sapphires are beautiful stones. This is one of the rare stones that can change from one colour to another, depending on the source of light. Sapphires look blue during the day and look purple or violet under certain lights. The colour changing sapphires with a more dramatic change, is more in demand. However, one should not be able to see two colours at one given time.
Green Sapphires are found in Africa and Burma which are very much in demand.
Star Sapphires have a distinct and sharp six-rayed star in its center. This appears in bright lighting and the quality depends on the sharpness of star, symmetry of the rays, and the body colour.
Enticed by a sapphire? Buy it online for attractive discounts.
This article has been written and posted by an astrologer working at Gempundit.com that offer to buy Yellow Sapphire Stone and also provides free of cost consultancy and advise on Pukhraj Stone and gives the more information on how to Buy yellow sapphire.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. 7 Benefits Of Babywearing
Author: Michael Miller
2. Create And Curate Your Personalized Greeting Cards Online Today
Author: Denesh Yadav
3. Advantages Of Jute Which Everyone Must Know!
Author: ZestTex International
4. The Benefits Of Utilizing Caster Wheels
Author: Camren Lewis
5. Give A Beautiful Addition To Your Kitchen With Granite
Author: Antony Allen
6. Online Portals – The Best Medium For Buying Industrial Supplies
Author: Auzaro Industry
7. Find Free Embroidery Fonts Online To Create Beautiful Designs On Your Clothing
8. Openkart: Best Online Shopping Platform For Mobiles & Tablets
9. Interesting Info For You Before Buying Switch Blades For Sale
Author: Leonid Lee
10. The Large Artificial Christmas Trees Do Bring The Original Essence Of Christmas
Author: Aidan McKeddie
11. Why Is It Best To Order Flowers Online?
Author: Amra Kolasinac
12. Send Rose Gift For Valentine’s Day
Author: Mark Wilson
13. Tips For Buying Power Tools Online In India
Author: Auzaro Industry
14. Uncover The Beauty Of Net Sarees
Author: nik vik
15. Technomarine Chronograph Women’s Watches| The Beauty Of Your Wrist