ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Visit These Amazing Places During Your Holidays In Sri Lanka
Total Articles: 2
Sri Lanka is renowned for its scenic beauty, aromatic spices, ancient monuments, precious stones and amazing people. How beautifully Marco Polo described the beauty of Sri Lanka- “The finest Island of its size”. This wonderful island has never failed to captivate visitors. That's why it's not only Marco Polo who described the endless beauty in his own way, but Arabs also gave it a name- Serendib, which gave English language a new word- Serendipity which refers to discovering something pleasant by accident.
Sri Lanka is sure to engulf you in its singular charm as you travel across the island. Here are few of the places you must not miss when you have holidays in Sri Lanka.
Anuradhapura- Renowned for numerous tourist attractions, this ancient city has been classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. This city was the first capital of Sri Lanka and it remained the capital for a long time. Anuradhapura is also known for Bodhi Tree, the oldest surviving tree in the world. King Ashoka's daughter brought this tree here in 249 BC. Your holidays in Sri Lanka are incomplete without visiting Anuradhapura.
Sigiriya- Sigiriya's lion mountain is sure to leave you awstruck. Built in 5 century AD this once used to be King Kasyapa's palace. This magnificent complex comprises gardens and fountains that are in working condition even now. this was built on a 200 m high rock. Paintings of bare breast maidens with a mysterious appeal are painted half way up the rock. Entrance through Lion's head once used to add to the beauty of this monument but only huge paws are left now. A proposal to class this as eighth wonder of the world is under consideration.
Kandy- When you travel across Kandy, you realise why this is the most visited city of the world. Kandy's endless beauty leaves you speechless and a strong reason for those who have never been there, wanting to be here. Kandy has been declared as a world heritage site by the UNESCO is also known for holding the sacred tooth relic of The Lord Buddha. That's not all. How can we conclude without mentioning Esala Perahera- perhaps the most colourful pageant of Asia which is held in July/August every year. If your holidays in Sri Lanka happen in this duration, it will surely add an unforgettable experience to your memories. The lake in the centre of the city is another place to visit. This once used to be the Queen's Bath. Also do not forget to visit the Kandy Museum that houses wonderful exhibits from prehistoric Kanyadan period.
Travel Articles1. Fishpond Taxi Or Clifton Taxi – Delivering Maximum Convenience For The Clients!
Author: Michel Umer
2. Restaurant La Source – La Source Restaurant In Paris Is All Set To Cater You In The Most Unique Way!
Author: Ano Nymous
3. Shuttle Service From Honolulu Airport To Hotels & 4 Best Accommodations For Travelers
Author: Trung Tran
4. What Does The Inclusion Of A Kitchen In A Hotel Room Mean To The Hotel Industry?
Author: The Lotus
5. Uganda – A Country Of Sheer Wildlife
6. Gorilla Tracking Etiquettes In Uganda
7. Looking For Cheap Flights To London? Find Low Cost Flights Here!
8. Looking Forward To Relax? Will Transport You To A Tranquil World
Author: Mr. Dave
9. Car Service In Dfw & List Of The Top Rated Restaurants In The Dfw Area
Author: Shakil Ahmed
10. What Places One Need To Visit During His Sahara Desert Tour?
Author: Mohamed El Galouti
11. Prom Parties With A Charter Bus In San Francisco
Author: Hire Charter Bus
12. Hemingway’s Cuba
Author: Stephen David
13. Canada Immigradation Consultants In Hyderabad
Author: visas permits
14. Enjoy Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing And Safari To Africa And Tanzania Wildebeest
15. How To Find Best Serviced Apartment Accommodation In Nairobi
Author: Sanajay SHah