ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Visit These Amazing Places During Your Holidays In Sri Lanka
Total Articles: 2
Sri Lanka is renowned for its scenic beauty, aromatic spices, ancient monuments, precious stones and amazing people. How beautifully Marco Polo described the beauty of Sri Lanka- “The finest Island of its size”. This wonderful island has never failed to captivate visitors. That's why it's not only Marco Polo who described the endless beauty in his own way, but Arabs also gave it a name- Serendib, which gave English language a new word- Serendipity which refers to discovering something pleasant by accident.
Sri Lanka is sure to engulf you in its singular charm as you travel across the island. Here are few of the places you must not miss when you have holidays in Sri Lanka.
Anuradhapura- Renowned for numerous tourist attractions, this ancient city has been classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. This city was the first capital of Sri Lanka and it remained the capital for a long time. Anuradhapura is also known for Bodhi Tree, the oldest surviving tree in the world. King Ashoka's daughter brought this tree here in 249 BC. Your holidays in Sri Lanka are incomplete without visiting Anuradhapura.
Sigiriya- Sigiriya's lion mountain is sure to leave you awstruck. Built in 5 century AD this once used to be King Kasyapa's palace. This magnificent complex comprises gardens and fountains that are in working condition even now. this was built on a 200 m high rock. Paintings of bare breast maidens with a mysterious appeal are painted half way up the rock. Entrance through Lion's head once used to add to the beauty of this monument but only huge paws are left now. A proposal to class this as eighth wonder of the world is under consideration.
Kandy- When you travel across Kandy, you realise why this is the most visited city of the world. Kandy's endless beauty leaves you speechless and a strong reason for those who have never been there, wanting to be here. Kandy has been declared as a world heritage site by the UNESCO is also known for holding the sacred tooth relic of The Lord Buddha. That's not all. How can we conclude without mentioning Esala Perahera- perhaps the most colourful pageant of Asia which is held in July/August every year. If your holidays in Sri Lanka happen in this duration, it will surely add an unforgettable experience to your memories. The lake in the centre of the city is another place to visit. This once used to be the Queen's Bath. Also do not forget to visit the Kandy Museum that houses wonderful exhibits from prehistoric Kanyadan period.
Travel Articles1. Indian Visa On Arrival
2. Here Are The Top Perfect Destinations For Corporate Outings In Hyderabad:
Author: Aakruthi priya
3. Respect The Events Of The Holiday Season With A Limo Rental Of Atlanta
Author: john wick
4. A Schengen Tourist Visa Allows You To Move Across Many European Countries With A Single Visa
5. Top Destinations To Spend Your Christmas And New Year
6. Breathe In A World Class Resort
Author: Amish Chovan
7. 5 Advantages Of Flying Business Class
Author: Stephen Adair
8. Why Do You Choose Bachelorette Party Bus Rental In Austin?
Author: Robert Lopez
9. Plan Your Best Summer Trip With Collegiate Travels
10. Holiday Appropriate Transportation Made Possible Via Dc Charter Bus Company
Author: David WILSON
11. Collegiate Travels Makes Fraternity Trips Stress Free
12. The Ultimate Elopement With Executive Car Service Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
13. Freedom To Explore South Africa Without Restrictions
14. Rent A Car For The Freedom You Need To Explore Africa At Your Own Pace!
15. Car Rentals To Make Your Airport Journey Affordable And Comfortable In Maui!
Author: Vikram Kumar