ALL >> Education >> View Article
Online Education (associate Degree In Science, Legal Assistant Paralegal)
Total Articles: 215
Paralegals are important to any law practice. Paralegals – also known as Legal Assistants – work closely with lawyers, prosecutors and public defenders and serve as valued members of a legal team.
Students in the Paralegal Associate of Applied Science Degree Program learn how handle all duties required to work in a professional setting. Paralegals are detail-oriented, can follow direction, work well in teams and enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
Under the supervision of an attorney, paralegals often work directly with clients in preparation for their case, “hand hold” the client and serve as the clients’ direct contact. For many paralegals, this assistance to clients is one of the most satisfying aspects of their job.
Paralegal Associate of Applied Science degree at Wilsonville is one of only two schools in the state of Oregon that offers a paralegal program approved by the American Bar Association.
The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Paralegal Studies is designed to provide students with the practical skills, experience and industry insight essential to creating a successful career.
Our curriculum emphasizes the learning of practical skills and knowledge utilized in common legal specialties. Classes are taught by legal professionals who have first-hand knowledge of the industry. Areas of study include:
Presentations – PowerPoint
Database – Access
Legal Research & Writing
Civil Procedure & Documentation
Decedents Estate/Probate Law
Ethics and Social Issues
One of the requirements of our program includes 180 hours of on-the-job externship experience working in a real law office. This provides students with practical experience that assists in making the transition from school to career a smoother one.
Definition of a Paralegal:
A legal assistant or paralegal is a person, qualified by education, training, or work experience who is employed or retained by a lawyer, law office, corporation, governmental agency or other entity and who performs specifically delegated substantive legal work for which a lawyer is responsible.
While a paralegal cannot give legal advice nor represent a client in court, the paralegal can play an instrumental role in providing quality legal services to all segments of our society.
Although you have the ability to obtain your Paralegal AAS Degree at an accelerated pace if you choose, this does not mean you must sacrifice quality for speed.
All courses are taught by instructors possessing years of applicable experience in the legal field. The intimate classroom setting allows for valuable one-on-one instruction to facilitate the learning process.
You May Qualify For Financial Aid.
Education Articles1. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur
2. Why For Selenium Testing And What Mean For Selenium ?
4. Career Prospects Of A Proficient Mba Candidate
5. Sunday School Small Group Lessons And Activities
Author: parveen kumar
6. It Is Mandatory For You To Get Your License For Doing Your Real Estate
Author: Daniel Acosta
7. The Best Tool To Help You Clear The Clat Exam
Author: Reva Solanki
8. Helping Management Scholars With Their Phd Dissertations
Author: Gary Brill
9. Ways To Get A Healthy Voice By Changing Lifestyle
Author: David K's Music School
10. What Do Students Need To Learn About Dissertation Writing Services Before Hiring Them
Author: David Cyryl
11. Things To Look For While Selecting A School In Bhubaneswar For Your Child
Author: John Watson
12. Benefits Of Tax Accountant That May Change Your Perspective
Author: Austin Loader
13. Why Should To Learn Web Development
Author: Web development training in marathahalli.Gyanguide
14. Make Your Career In Largest Retail Industry World
Author: nisha mishra
15. Power Of Heart: How You Can Actually Decode It And Does It Serve For Better Purpose In Life?
Author: Gian Kumar