ALL >> Health >> View Article
All About Flossing
Total Articles: 9
You are often told by your mom and your dentist in Chandler AZ that for the best oral health, you should combine all these three: brushing, flossing and rinsing. Among these, the second one is the hardest thing to do for you; hence, you want to escape this part of your oral hygiene routine. You should not think this way. Flossing creates a lot of difference and offers a lot of advantages. Continue your read.
1. You are not wasting your time with flossing. It is a part of your daily oral hygiene routine. By doing this, you are helping in the prevention as well as in the elimination of bacteria that has already attached themselves in your teeth and gums. This therefore lets you avoid gum disease and foul breath.
2. Flossing slowly once a day is better than flossing fast several times a day. The first approach gets to do the job of eliminating food debris and bacteria better while the second one misses a lot from your mouth.
3. Remember to use the clean part of the floss for each of your tooth. Do not try to save money this way. You will only transfer bacteria from one tooth to another.
4. If you are like older adults who find it difficult to use floss using their fingers you can opt for battery-operated floss. With this, you can be sure that you can get rid of plaque with efficiency. Likewise, you will no longer hurt your gum and tooth enamel with your old way of flossing. Electric floss is also safer to use.
5. Never think that because you wear dental braces you should forget about flossing. The truth is that you should double your effort to use floss because braces easily trap food and bacteria inside your mouth. You are more prone to plaque buildup. If you stop using dental floss, you will cause harm to your teeth.
However, you should be very careful when flossing as you may damage your braces. Ask your dentist in Chandler AZ on how to use dental floss with the wires on your teeth.
6. Unwaxed dental floss is for you if your teeth are not too close together. Waxed dental floss, on the other hand, is ideal if the spaces are tight because they slide easier in between your teeth.
7. You may think this is crazy but it is true: flossing can help you if you want to lose weight. The trick here is to brush and floss immediately after eating or having your first serving. You will realize that the urge to eat for the second time diminishes with your teeth now squeaky clean. Or, even if you already have your second plate, your appetite has already decreased because the taste of the food has changed.
Reading this entire article, you will thank the person who ever invented dental floss. Aiming for complete teeth cleaning has become easier for you and your dentist in Chandler AZ. Now, who says you do not want to floss?
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important