ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
Factors To Consider When You Get Health Insurance
Total Articles: 141
If you were to come down with a sickness or have an accident without health insurance you may find yourself unable to receive treatment or even in debt to the hospital. Thankfully, many employers provide health insurance benefits to full-time and even some part-time employees. If you do not currently have health insurance coverage, this is the first place to check as it will generally be the most affordable. If you are married, you may both be able to receive coverage under your employer's plans.
If your employer does not offer health insurance or you are self-employed you still need it. While it may not be cheap, the fact remains; what do you have if you don't have your health? Even a basic hospital bill without insurance can run into lakhs of rupees. It isn't worth risking financial ruin to save a few bucks on a health insurance premium.
Why Do I Need Health Insurance?
It is important to get health insurance for yourself and members of your immediate family. Insurance helps to protect you from high health care costs, especially those related to chronic medical conditions or the need for hospitalization. You should get it for the same reason that you have auto insurance or homeowners insurance - to protect your savings and income.
How Do I Get Health Insurance?
Depending on your age, job status, and financial condition, there are many ways that you can get health insurance, including:
Health insurance provided by an employer
Most companies provide health insurance as an employee benefit. You may be required to pay some portion of the monthly premium.
Health insurance that you purchase on your own
If you are self-employed or work for a small company that does not provide health insurance, you will need to buy it on your own.
If you have inadequate or no health insurance, you will be responsible for paying all your health care bills. Your community may have a free clinic or community health center that will provide healthcare services free of charge or at a reduced fee.
How Do I Choose a Health Plan?
There are many factors to consider when choosing health insurance. These factors may be different if you are choosing one of several employer health plan options or buying your own.
Compare quotes online. Find out what you require in terms of coverage and look for the best quotes available in the market. Research will help you get an affordable quote with optimal coverage.
About the Author
It is very essential to have a car insurance policy. Author Pranav Sharma is an experienced insurance professional and widely read expert on general insurance based in Mumbai. Pranav helps readers opt for best health insurance policy in India.
Insurance Articles1. What To Know About Ncb
Author: Bhargav Baweja
2. Steps To Follow After A Car Accident
3. How The Car Insurance Calculator Calculates Your Premium
Author: Bhargav Baweja
4. Permanent Protection For Temporary Living Identifying The Three Elements Of Effective Coverage
5. Do I Need To Compare Bike Insurance To Only Cut My Cost?
Author: Dinesh Mittal
6. Types Of Auto Insurance Discount Programs
7. Satisfy Your Dream Of Owning A Home With The Home Loan
Author: Bank Bazaar Loan
8. Public Insurance Adjusters And Few Factors To Consider Before Hiring Them
9. Clarifying Coverage - Why Insurance Is Essential For Modern Living
10. Select One Of The Best Auto Insurance Companies In California
11. Unique Ways To Save On Auto Insurance A No-nonsense Guide To Save Money Without Sacrificing Coverage
12. Health Insurance Company
Author: Kent Pinkerton
13. Compare Health Insurance Online & Plan For The Emergency Room
Author: Muhammad Waqar Asghar
14. The Best Mortgage Advice Liverpool
15. Professional Mortgage Advice Liverpool