ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
Factors To Consider When You Get Health Insurance
Total Articles: 141
If you were to come down with a sickness or have an accident without health insurance you may find yourself unable to receive treatment or even in debt to the hospital. Thankfully, many employers provide health insurance benefits to full-time and even some part-time employees. If you do not currently have health insurance coverage, this is the first place to check as it will generally be the most affordable. If you are married, you may both be able to receive coverage under your employer's plans.
If your employer does not offer health insurance or you are self-employed you still need it. While it may not be cheap, the fact remains; what do you have if you don't have your health? Even a basic hospital bill without insurance can run into lakhs of rupees. It isn't worth risking financial ruin to save a few bucks on a health insurance premium.
Why Do I Need Health Insurance?
It is important to get health insurance for yourself and members of your immediate family. Insurance helps to protect you from high health care costs, especially those related to chronic medical conditions or the need for hospitalization. You should get it for the same reason that you have auto insurance or homeowners insurance - to protect your savings and income.
How Do I Get Health Insurance?
Depending on your age, job status, and financial condition, there are many ways that you can get health insurance, including:
Health insurance provided by an employer
Most companies provide health insurance as an employee benefit. You may be required to pay some portion of the monthly premium.
Health insurance that you purchase on your own
If you are self-employed or work for a small company that does not provide health insurance, you will need to buy it on your own.
If you have inadequate or no health insurance, you will be responsible for paying all your health care bills. Your community may have a free clinic or community health center that will provide healthcare services free of charge or at a reduced fee.
How Do I Choose a Health Plan?
There are many factors to consider when choosing health insurance. These factors may be different if you are choosing one of several employer health plan options or buying your own.
Compare quotes online. Find out what you require in terms of coverage and look for the best quotes available in the market. Research will help you get an affordable quote with optimal coverage.
About the Author
It is very essential to have a car insurance policy. Author Pranav Sharma is an experienced insurance professional and widely read expert on general insurance based in Mumbai. Pranav helps readers opt for best health insurance policy in India.
Insurance Articles1. How To Find A Good Home Insurance Broker
Author: Jason Davis
2. What Makes Accounting Outsourcing In Dubai A Wise Decision?
Author: Fadi Khan
3. The Life Insurance Brokers London Can Help You Choose The Best Policy That Suits To Your Needs
4. Help From Insurance Adjusters For Property Insurance Claims In New Jersey
5. 3 Reasons To Take A Retirement Insurance Plan
Author: Edelweiss Tokio
6. Maldives: The Blue Lagoon
Author: Pranvi Jain
7. Everything Needs To Know About No Credit Check Installment Loans
8. Avail Life Insurance Brokers London Services To Find The Best Policy Suitable For Your Family Needs
9. Know More About Teenage Auto Insurance Why It Is Expensive But Necessary
Author: Charlene Hubbard
10. Top Reasons You May Need Funeral Insurance In New Zealand
Author: Funeral Insurance NZ
11. Critical Illness Insurance, The Way To Ensure The Safety Of Your Loved Ones
Author: Ian Nuwan
12. Insurance In Hong Kong
13. Home Insurance Companies In California And Its Astonishing Benefits
Author: caleagle Insurance
14. 3 Life Insurance Policies That Serve As The Best Tax Saving Investments.
Author: arnab Goswami
15. Multiple Employer Plans Grabbing More Attention
Author: Terrance Power