ALL » Insurance >> View Article
Hiding Health Facts Can Lead To Repudiation Of ClaimsBy Expert Author: Easy policy
However, reports from IRDA state that an increasing number of claims on medical health insurance are being repudiated, or not being honoured, by providers of health insurance policy.
However, that does not give the full picture. While there may be an increasing number of health insurance policies that may be repudiated, there are also a large number of policies that have been honoured. While technical glitches and not adhering to policies with regard to claims of health insurance cover may be reasons for delays, the vast majority of reasons why health insurance policy may be repudiated or annulled, have to do with hiding of health facts.
Medical Checkup: Most providers of health insurance policy tend to make availability of insurance benefits contingent on the successful completion of medical checkup. This is more the case when people taking up health insurance cover tend to be of and above a certain age group. The medical checkup involves checking of certain elementary and predetermined criteria with reference to pre-existing conditions, to be confirmed through approved diagnostic centres.
Repudiation of claims: Complications arise in honouring of health insurance cover when there is enough reason or ground to repudiate the claims. One of the main reasons why such repudiation could occur is lack of honesty in terms of disclosure of pre-existing conditions or ailments on the part of the insured. While insurance benefits are for everyone, it is also standard regulation that the health insurance policy not be misused for personal gains.
It is important to go through proper medical checkup and adhere to standards of disclosure of pre-existing conditions or ailments when people take up health insurance policy. If it is found that certain health facts have not been shared or have been withheld, the policyholder may be deprived of insurance benefits, and the entire health insurance policy may get annulled.
Grievance Cell: It is not a one-way track after all, when it comes to health insurance cover. While people who hide health facts away and do not disclose their health conditions may not get away with partial disclosure, it is also a fact that there is room for grievance redressal if there is repudiation of medical health insurance under insufficient grounds. If your claim on health insurance has not been honoured, you could appeal to the regional insurance organisation, or the Chief Manager of the grievance cell of the organisation. Another option is to approach the office of the Insurance Ombudsman.
However, it is important that health facts be shared in their actual reality for insurance benefits to be accrued when they matter the most.
Compare health insurance plans, mediclaim policy, cashless health insurance policies, Individual health insurance and family floater plans from best insurance companies in India.
Insurance Articles1. Cheaper Alternative For Veterans Car Insurance
Author: Victor Cano
2. Is It Always Safe To Drive Too Slowly? Must Check Adverse Effects Of Slow Driving
3. Aquel Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Anilla El Apoliticismo Boricua
Author: Shalanda Staples
4. Un Alquiler Coche Barato Alicante Se Adiestra Ese Abuje Adoctrinador Con Aquel Telegrafista Se Conv
Author: Arlene Godoy
5. Un Alquiler Coche Tenerife Sur Donde Se Apendejea Alrededor De Este Intermitente
Author: Arnoldo Prowse
6. Que Alquiler Coches Alicante Se Desencapricha El Apellido Normal
Author: Elana Larocca
7. Mcx Commodity Trading Tips Provider India
Author: Santosh Sharma
8. How To Take Benefits Of The Auto Insurance Leads?
9. Compare Insurance
Author: aravind singh
10. Ark Insurance Provide Reinsurance Coverage Full Insurance Coverage Package
Author: aravind singh
11. Learner Driver Car Insurance With Affordable Prices For Adequate Coverage
Author: Victor Cano
12. Answers To All Your Doubts About Buying A Car Insurance Online
Author: Nansi Bhardwaj
13. Apartment Owners Insurance Northern California Company Offers The Best Solutions
14. How To Get The Best Car Insurance Deal In India?
Author: A comprehensive car insurance cover protects again
15. Bridge The Gap In Your Medical Insurance Claims With A Medical Aid Gap Cover
Author: Total Risk Administrators