ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Visit Darjeeling – Amazing Eastern Hill Station In India
Total Articles: 400
Eastern Hill-Stations of India
India’s eastern region remains off the popular tourist trail. These parts are separated by distance and culture from the rest of the country, and shrouded in mystery. Since they are remote and unexplored, the eastern region of the country is ideal for tourists who prefer a little bit of peace and quiet, away from the bustling crowds and noise associated with most other travel hotspots.
If you are looking somewhere unique to travel India has beautiful hill-stations in the North East. Darjeeling, Gagtok, Shillong and Kalimpong are among your best options. The lush slopes of the ‘blue mountains’, as the eastern Himalayas are referred to, give you the chance to experience rare untouched natural beauty.
Darjeeling Travel Must-Dos
Darjeeling is a natural first choice when travelling in the North East. Besides being a popular leisure spot, Darjeeling is home to some of the oldest colonial tea plantations, which still produce the country’s finest tea. To get to Darjeeling travel from Calcutta or Delhi either by road or rail. The journey is extremely picturesque! As soon as you reach you will feel calm and relaxed. The cool fresh air and expansive greenery is extremely soothing. You can begin by heading to the tea estates, many of which are open to the public. Here you can learn about the process of tea making and sample signature blends. Be sure to take your time to walk around the tea gardens and observe the tea-pickers as they work.
A trip to Darjeeling would be incomplete without a trip to the Tiger Hills, to view the Kanchendzonga Peak. You can watch the world’s most beautiful sunrise here. People travel to Darjeeling from all over the world, just to witness this spectacle!
Darjeeling has a significantly large Tibetan population, because of which the area is dotted with beautiful Tibetan monasteries and Buddhist temples. The most popular of these is the Bhutia Busty Gompa, built against the backdrop of the Kanchendzonga Peak. You can even take a short trip to Ghoom to visit the Yiga Choeling Monastery. While at Darjeeling you can even visit the Japanese temple and Peace Pagoda.
When in Darjeeling, travel to Pashupati Nagar, at the Indo-Nepal border. Here you can spend some time at the beautiful Mirik Lake. If you visit at the right time of the year, when it isn’t too cold, you can even take a boat ride. There are several tea stalls and street side vendors serving hot Tibetan food here, which you will need to stay warm.
People who travel Darjeeling are always drawn to revisit. It’s easy to fall in love with this charming hill station!
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. In his spare time, Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves to travel across India. His albums are replete with amazing pictures captured during his travel to Darjeeling.
Travel Articles1. Logistical Reasons For A Wedding Shuttle Via Pittsburgh Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus
2. Joint Celebration For The Bride And Groom In A Party Bus Rental Through Phoenix
Author: john wick
3. Are You Planning To India Nepal Tour Packages?
Author: Rakesh Kumar
4. Melt The Stress Away With Honeymoon Limo Service In Gaithersburg
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
5. Easy Transportation Designation For All Bachelor And Bachelorette Party Plans With Pittsburgh Limo S
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
6. Celebrate Before Your Marry Via Party Bus Rental Dc
Author: john wick
7. Zimbabwe Travel Agency - Travel Cost Efficiently
8. Wonderful Manaslu Circuit And Tsum Valley Trekking In Nepal For 2018
Author: Landmark Discovery Treks
9. Tips To Plan A Perfect Honeymoon In Manali
Author: Solang Valley Resorts Manali
10. Take The Best Taxi Services During Winter Vacations – Om Travel
11. The Best Ways To Go Through The Northern Lights
Author: Ross Barkely
12. Hire Tullamarine Airport Transfers For A Comfortable And Safe Ride
13. Tour & Travel Company In India
Author: Services International
14. African Island Holiday Packages Can Be Customized To Meet Your Personal Preferences!
Author: Sandy Russell
15. How About Isla Espiritu Santo- A Tourist Must See
Author: Terry Neal