ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Seeking Spirituality During Phuket Travel
Total Articles: 400
Phuket is the largest Island off the coast of Thailand, often referred to as ‘pearl of the Andamans’ for its exotic beauty. This piece of tropical paradise is one of Asia’s most popular holiday destinations. Most people choose Phuket vacation packages so they can enjoy spending time on the beach, explore marine life in the surrounding coral reefs and engage in exciting water sports. Patong is Phuket’s most popular city, where people head for a taste of Thailand’s infamous and outrageous nightlife. A large number of flashy nightclubs and dance bars attract party lovers from all over the world. Phuket travel packages usually focus on either the beach or the party scene. It may surprise you to know that Phuket, like most of Thailand has a deeply spiritual local community. Make sure your vacation packages to this Island allow you some time to explore their temples, shrines and monasteries.
When in Phuket, travel to the Shrine of Serene Light, which is one of Thailand’s finest Chinese temples. It is located in the middle of an ancient well-preserved village – the small entrance is well-hidden and hard to find. But when you do, you are welcomed with ornate archways, Taoist etchings, elaborate wall murals, the rich smell of burning incense and fresh flowers. It’s like walking into an art exhibit, where you are overcome with peace and compelled to gaze upon the captivating sights that surround you.
If you want to closely observe the life of Buddhist monks, then you must pay a visit to Wat Nai Han. But be warned, this monastery is not designed for tourists and is actually a fully functional property and home to practising monks. You will have to be particularly respectful of the ongoing religious ceremonies and strict daily schedule followed by residents. This being said, the monks are welcoming and gracious. One of best ways to start your day is to sit in with the monks while they chant scriptures at the break of dawn.
If you love and appreciate architecture then your Phuket travel package must include a visit to Wat Chalong, the largest Buddhist temple on the Island of Phuket. To pay respect to the deities, worshippers shower them with gorgeous lotus flowers, and add a small piece of gold paper to their statues. Devotees also burst crackers here, as a way of thanking the gods for the fulfilment of their wishes. Wat Chalong is located close to Phuket’s Big Buddha; an enormous white statue that’s nearly 45 meters in height, and sits on top of a small hill. This popular tourist spot offers spectacular views of the entire island.
You must also visit Wat Srisoonthorn which stands out from all the other 40 odd wats or temples on the island, because of the enormous Buddha statue, which peacefully reclines outside. Even if you aren’t particularly religious or in search of spiritual enlightenment, visiting these holy sites is a transcendent experience.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent travel photographer, when it comes to travelling he prefers well defined vacation packages. His albums are replete with pictures of his recent holiday in Phuket.
Travel Articles1. Visa Services In Dehradun
Author: Visa Services in Dehradun
2. Things You Should Know About Sailing
Author: Aaron Roger
3. Schengen Tourist Visa Gives You The Opportunity To Visit Any Of The 26 Countries Without Any Hassles
4. 5 Places You Should Not Miss While You Are In Spain
Author: Ritwik Sengupta
5. A Complete Guide To Plan For A Durban City Tour
6. Top 10 Things To Do In Durban The Best Tourist
7. Tamanag Heritage Trek - A Perfect Way To Explore The Tibetan Culture
Author: Nepal Eco Trekking
8. Top Three Trekking Destinations In Nepal
Author: Nepal Eco Trekking
9. What To Do To Add Extra Value To Tanzania Safari Tours?
Author: Mathew Jacky Mollel
10. Variety Of Luxury Transfer Services Available In Dubai For Commutation
11. Manaslu Circuit Trekking Is Now Absolutely Possible After The Deadly Earthquake In 2015
12. Nepal Is Still A Safe Country To Visit Even After The Devastating Earthquake Of 2015
13. 5 Spectacular Viewpoints In Mahabaleshwar
14. Australia Immigration & Visa Consultants In Bangalore
Author: shaik fareed
15. Get A Thrilling Experience In The Upper Mustang Region Of Nepal
Author: Master Himalaya