ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Family Vacations In Scenic Shimla
Total Articles: 400
Travelling is more fun when you have loved ones for company. Family vacations help bring you closer, and create fond memories you can look back on in the future. In India alone, there are so many different family holiday destinations to choose from. Shimla vacations are a great choice for families, who want to escape the city and spend some time breathing the fresh cool mountain air.
Almost all North India tours will include a visit to Shimla, because it truly is a beautiful hill-station. Travelling with children is difficult, so it is always advisable to visit just one destination and make the most of it, rather than struggle to move from one place to another. Shimla, located in Himachal Pradesh is ideal for such a situation, because there is so much to do in just this one place. This town is easily accessible from Delhi; you can choose to take a train or flight from the capital. Though buses ply on the route, the journey can be long and tedious, especially when you have children or elders with you. You can visit Shimla anytime of the year. Be warned, that winter months can be painfully cold. Spring time, around March is particularly beautiful.
When in Shimla you can take a day trip to visit Kufri. To get here one has to drive through scenic cedar forests and quaint villages. You can visit the National park at Kufri and enjoy a guided nature safari with your family. You can even trek to the Mahasu Peak, for the breath-taking view of the surrounding valleys. From Kufri, one can go higher up the mountain to Chail, a hill-station built by the former Maharaja of Patiala. This was his retreat during the harsh summer months. This hill-station boasts of India’s highest cricket and polo grounds. There are daily buses that ply between Shimla, Kufri and Chail. If you wish to avoid public transport, chauffeur driven cars are easily available.
Shimla has a few religious sites worth visiting; the Jakhoo temple is one of them. This temple has been built in honour of Lord Hanuman. Besides being a place of spiritual importance, the Jakhoo temple is located on one of the most picturesque peaks in the Shivalik Range. You can also spend some time within the calming walls of the Christ Church, one of the oldest churches in North India. The neo-gothic architecture of the structure stands out against a beautiful mountainous backdrop.
If you want to shop for souvenirs or sample local food then head over to Mall road. This is the main street which has been the lifeline of the city since British times. You can buy everything from local handicrafts like woollen shawls and pottery items to second hand books over here!
Shimla vacations can be fun for kids and the elderly alike. Next time you have a few days in hand head over for an unforgettable family holiday.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves to go on tours across India in his spare time. His albums are replete with mind-blowing pictures of his vacations in Shimla.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson