ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Delhi Holidays - Essential Experiences
Total Articles: 400
Delhi is India’s capital and a perfect representation of everything India has to offer to travels. Delhi holidays can be exciting, interesting and educative. Almost all travel packages to India will involve a visit to Delhi. If you have a just a couple of days in this beautiful city here are some of the things you absolutely must do.
A Trip Back in Time
Begin by visiting the Red Fort and Humayun’s tomb. The Red Fort or ‘Lal Quilla’, made exclusively with sandstone is one of the last monuments built by the Mughals before the fall of their empire. This monument at the banks of the Yamuna makes for a picturesque image. The tomb of Emperor Humayun is another architectural marvel worth a visit. It has even been declared a UNESCO World Heritage site, and since been restored to its original glory. The large complex is home to several other smaller monuments. Spending time here is like being transported back in time.
If you have the time, you can take a day trip from Delhi to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. While so close, it would be a pity if you missed a chance at seeing one of the world’s seven wonders.
A Contemporary View of the Capital
Once you’ve finished an exploration of the old, it’s time to experience the new face of Delhi. Ride along the well-maintained metro, which is the main means of transportation of Delhi’s large work force. Delhi has a praiseworthy infrastructure, broad roads and well maintained sidewalks. There are also several parks and recreational areas around the city, where you can spend time.
If you’re in the mood for a spot of shopping, then head over to Khan Market which has been ranked the most expensive retail space in the country! It is single complex packed with stalls where you can find everything from jewellery to electronics. In the midst of the packed streets you will also find some uncharacteristically high-end boutiques! Another great area to shop is Hauz Khas. Here you can rub shoulders with Delhi’s elite while you explore the luxurious fashion and lifestyle stores, art galleries and fancy restaurants in the area.
Delhi holidays are incomplete without a little binging! The city is a food lover’s paradise. From chaat like gol gappas and bhalla papdi, to freshly fried snacks like aalu tikka, kachori and samosas - there’s so much to choose from! Non-vegetarians can indulge in some mouth-watering kebabs, steaming momos and roti rolls. If street food is not your thing, Delhi has an equal number of high-end restaurants, contemporary cafes and bars, which serve cuisines from all over the world.
When selecting travel packages to Delhi, make sure you choose those that allow you to experience this contemporary side of the city, and not those that offer only a one sided view of the country’s past.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. In his spare time, When it comes to travelling he prefers well defined travel packages over haphazard travel plans. His albums are replete with wonderful pictures of his holiday in Delhi.
Travel Articles1. Spectacular Engagement Celebration With Party Buses For Rent
Author: David WILSON
2. Reaching Honeymoon Status With Town Car Service Washington Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Yacht Charter In Greece Bid The Best Luxury Option For Corporate Event And Client Entertainment
Author: George Iatridis
4. Hue Day Trips- A Nice Option To Discover The Beautiful Country Of Vietnam
Author: Le Xuan Son
5. Follow These 7 Tips To Become A Smart Traveler For The Next Trip!
Author: Manisha Nigam
6. Think Less And Travel More And Get Rid Of Routine-bound Life
Author: John Watson
7. 6 Must Visit Temples Of Mysore For Religious Tourists
Author: Manisha Nigam
8. El Salvador Tourist Visa For Indian Citizen
9. Why Egypt Tour Packages Will Make You Go Wow
Author: Ayad Mohamed
10. Remember Your Wedding Well With Car Service In Houston
Author: Remember Your Wedding Well with Car Service in Hou
11. Exploring Historical Points Of Rajasthan With Udaipur Taxi Online
Author: bheru lal
12. What Can Teens Do In A Denver Party Bus On Prom Night?
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
13. Diverse Honeymoon Travel With A Wedding Or Prom Limo Rental Pittsburgh
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
14. Experience A Wedding Limousine Rental In Atlanta And All Of The Advantages From It
Author: JOHN WICK
15. 6 Places You Must Explore During Your Tenerife Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe