ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Delhi Holidays - Essential Experiences
Total Articles: 400
Delhi is India’s capital and a perfect representation of everything India has to offer to travels. Delhi holidays can be exciting, interesting and educative. Almost all travel packages to India will involve a visit to Delhi. If you have a just a couple of days in this beautiful city here are some of the things you absolutely must do.
A Trip Back in Time
Begin by visiting the Red Fort and Humayun’s tomb. The Red Fort or ‘Lal Quilla’, made exclusively with sandstone is one of the last monuments built by the Mughals before the fall of their empire. This monument at the banks of the Yamuna makes for a picturesque image. The tomb of Emperor Humayun is another architectural marvel worth a visit. It has even been declared a UNESCO World Heritage site, and since been restored to its original glory. The large complex is home to several other smaller monuments. Spending time here is like being transported back in time.
If you have the time, you can take a day trip from Delhi to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. While so close, it would be a pity if you missed a chance at seeing one of the world’s seven wonders.
A Contemporary View of the Capital
Once you’ve finished an exploration of the old, it’s time to experience the new face of Delhi. Ride along the well-maintained metro, which is the main means of transportation of Delhi’s large work force. Delhi has a praiseworthy infrastructure, broad roads and well maintained sidewalks. There are also several parks and recreational areas around the city, where you can spend time.
If you’re in the mood for a spot of shopping, then head over to Khan Market which has been ranked the most expensive retail space in the country! It is single complex packed with stalls where you can find everything from jewellery to electronics. In the midst of the packed streets you will also find some uncharacteristically high-end boutiques! Another great area to shop is Hauz Khas. Here you can rub shoulders with Delhi’s elite while you explore the luxurious fashion and lifestyle stores, art galleries and fancy restaurants in the area.
Delhi holidays are incomplete without a little binging! The city is a food lover’s paradise. From chaat like gol gappas and bhalla papdi, to freshly fried snacks like aalu tikka, kachori and samosas - there’s so much to choose from! Non-vegetarians can indulge in some mouth-watering kebabs, steaming momos and roti rolls. If street food is not your thing, Delhi has an equal number of high-end restaurants, contemporary cafes and bars, which serve cuisines from all over the world.
When selecting travel packages to Delhi, make sure you choose those that allow you to experience this contemporary side of the city, and not those that offer only a one sided view of the country’s past.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. In his spare time, When it comes to travelling he prefers well defined travel packages over haphazard travel plans. His albums are replete with wonderful pictures of his holiday in Delhi.
Travel Articles1. Numerous Benefits Of Hiring Dfw Airport Taxi Or Shuttle Service In Texas!
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Guided Tours To The Magical Hobbiton From Tauranga
Author: Roger Simister
3. How To Enjoy Great Facilities With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
4. Stylish Rides And Low Prices With Limousine Washington Dc
Author: Stylish rides and low prices with Limousine Washin
5. Plan Your Vacation To Luton Airport- Hire Great Britain Cars
Author: jack pero
6. Rajasthan’s Top Tourist Attractions To Visit In Summer Season
Author: Swati Jain
7. Travel The Unforgettable Experience Of Africa’s Amazing Botswana And Serengeti Balloon Safaris
Author: Ombeni African Safari
8. Top Places That Compel A Solo Explorer To Travel In India
Author: Aura Voyages
9. Latin America Tourism Is Booming And Tour Operator Offers The Best Advice To Get The Most Of It!
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Book Your Hoi An Hotel From Us
Author: Ms. Emma Tran
11. Enjoy A Variety Of Benefits With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. 4 Things That You Can Only Buy In Turkey
13. Get Married In San Antonio With A Wedding Party Bus San Antonio
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
14. 3 Quirkiest Bars In Melbourne That Are Straight Out Of Your Dreams
15. Wedding Guest Transportation In Phoenix Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus