ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Classic Cabernet Sauvignon From CoonawarraBy Expert Author: Stephen John
Coonawarra is a wine region that is located in South Australia's Limestone Coast. It is known all over the world because of its product, the Cabernet Sauvignon wines, which are one of the most sought-after red wines in the world. Here are some of the reasons:
Coonawarra, which means honeysuckle in aboriginal language, is not far from Victoria and Adelaide. It is endowed with "terra rossa," soils that are shallow and well drained. These soils consist of clay and sand. They play a big role in the proper growth of the vines. Its clay component holds sufficient water to sustain the vine throughout the summer while its sand component ensures proper drainage to prevent water from being trapped. Too much water is not good for the vines.
Terra rossa is distributed sporadically all over the region. It is possibly the best and most famous type of soil because of its reputation for producing some of the world's best wines. The limestone that lay underneath the soil act as an anchor for the roots while the water it holds sustains the vines even in hot dry seasons. The mild coastal climate, cool nights and dry summers work together to produce lower yielding yet strong-flavored Cabernet Sauvignon grapes.
Australia's wine region is cool, but Coonawarra is often not as cold as other places. When the temperature becomes extremely low, grape growers maintain sprinklers that keep the vines wet to protect them from frost damage.
The good thing about a cool climate is its ability to provide a long ripening season. This allows the grapes to produce excellent flavors and a tannin structure that are unique to the wine they produce. Hot summer days are not a big concern because they are often toned down by cool nights brought by maritime influence.
When you mention Coonawarra, people can often connect it to the great fruity wine that resembles the taste of plum and blackcurrant. Many other wines such as the Shiraz, Chardonnay and Merlot have been successfully produced in this region, but they were all overshadowed by the achievements of the Cabernet Sauvignon.
Being versatile and flexible, Cabernet Sauvignon is grown all over the world. The varying climates of different wine regions contribute to the variety of flavors. Even if they come from the same grape variety, Cabernet Sauvignon wines can taste differently especially if their grapes are produced from different regions. The difference in climates and soils play a big influence in their flavor and aroma.
The classic Cabernet Sauvignon is the wine lover's red grape wine. Its intense fruit flavors, soft tannins, and lingering finish on the palate are just a few of the things that make it one of the most desired red wines in the world.
Stephen John is a food and wine enthusiast. He blogs about food, wine, and culture and writes wine reviews for a living. He loves to travel and try exotic cuisines of different countries. One of things that keep SJ busy nowadays is his work with Penfolds winery in Australia. If you want to discover what they are, please get more info here.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. What To Consider For A Wine Room Construction
Author: Jon Harper
2. 10 Simple Tips And Tricks On Baking With Silicone Moulds
Author: Bhavik Vasa
3. Brown Rice And Brownie Points For Health
4. Dubai Cuisine- Stuffed Camel To Fish’n’ Chips.get It All Here.
Author: Dyllan Samer
5. Reasons For American Restaurants’ Reputation As Pleasure Dinning
Author: Mathew Gomes
6. The Reasons That Make Vietnamese Cuisine Special
Author: Spencer Wiedermann
7. Surprise Her With Cooking Class Gift Vouchers For Her Birthday
Author: Chef Ha Nguyen
8. Top Services Used In Successful Food Marketing
Author: anil kumar
9. Ready To Tingle Your Taste Buds In Thai & Chinese Restaurants In Dubai
10. Comparing The Restaurant Aldelo Pos System With Cash Registers
Author: Glen Oliver
11. Simplified Factsheet About Drinking Alkaline Water
Author: Hampry Gomes
12. Order Food Online Delivery In Gold Coasta To Satisfy Your Craving For Exotic And Authentic Indian Cu
13. Why Taco Catering Is As Perfect For Independence Day As Hot Dogs And Apple Pie
Author: Justin Prietto
14. National Taco Day: When Is It, And How To Celebrate It
Author: Justin Prietto
15. Kosher Taco Catering - A Growing Demand For The Best Of Holidays And Celebrations
Author: Justin Prietto