ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
How To Enforce A Speed Limit In A Parking Area?
Total Articles: 59
If you have ever zipped by a busy parking area while entering a building and you saw a car whipping past you, you realize again, how dangerous a parking lot can be. At times, people are in a hurry and they want the best parking area in a rush; during this time people forget that there are other vehicles as well.
A lot of parking authorities are taking the matter in their own hands and are trying all possible methods to install the safety features like the speed limit signs and rubber speed bumps to motivate the drivers to drive in a responsible and careful manner.
The speed bumps are a great way to keep the speed under control while driving through the parking lot. In some of the parking spots, authorities have tried to use the stop signs, but they soon enough realized that it is not a good move. It creates more congestion and the cars have to stop again and again, while the motorists at times do not even care and keep moving.
The design of the speed breakers is of molded plastic, rubber or even concrete. The bumps are great, as they are forced to stop their vehicle, or slow down and be cautious about the surrounding and let the passerby pass away without any harm. The good thing about the bumps is that you can remove them whenever you wish to, or when you feel the need to plow down the road or during the winter months.
If you go back to the history chapters, then you will find that the bumps came to use during the early 90's in New Jersey. The design of speed breakers was done by raising the level of the roads, thereby making them as bumps. During that time, the average speed of the vehicles was just 30 miles per hour, still the cars posed as a threat for the pedestrians. It is since that time this tool is being used effectively to control the flow of traffic, and to let the pedestrians pass by without any fear. This tool is being used nearly in every lot and in some places it can also be found in the roads, where there is a need for the vehicles to slow down.
There are some voices that say the rubber speed bumps are very steep, or are very sharp for small vehicles to pass by in high speed. This will further cause nuisance and danger to the vehicles that are travelling above them. The whole point to have a bump is to reduce the flow of traffic, so if by installing the bump, the measure is in good use then there's no harm.
Automobiles Articles1. Get Online Auto Insurance And Finance
2. New Shell Fuel Station Finder From Fleetcor
Author: FleetCor Deutschland GmbH
3. Dealerships Are Your One Stop Shop
Author: haggerty Ford
4. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Learning On Driving Simulators.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
5. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Within Your Budget
6. Know The Truth About For Vehicle Parts Exchange In Surrey
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. Why Mot Test Is So Much Essential For Four-wheelers
Author: James Elston
8. Car Valeting The Reason That Has Kept You From Buying The New One
Author: Rhys Gibson
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System
Author: Balu S
10. The Biggest Contribution Of Driving Coach In Chadstone To Humanity
Author: Mark Watson
11. Side By Side Comparison Between Readymade Motorcycle & Custom Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
12. Benefits Of Leasing Your Next Car
13. Rockman - The Top Manufacturers Of Two Wheeler Parts & Automotive Component In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. For Best Services Just Opt For Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. 2017 Hyundai Accent: Top Reasons Why You Should Buy This Budget Car
Author: Allen Hyundai