ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
How To Enforce A Speed Limit In A Parking Area?
Total Articles: 59
If you have ever zipped by a busy parking area while entering a building and you saw a car whipping past you, you realize again, how dangerous a parking lot can be. At times, people are in a hurry and they want the best parking area in a rush; during this time people forget that there are other vehicles as well.
A lot of parking authorities are taking the matter in their own hands and are trying all possible methods to install the safety features like the speed limit signs and rubber speed bumps to motivate the drivers to drive in a responsible and careful manner.
The speed bumps are a great way to keep the speed under control while driving through the parking lot. In some of the parking spots, authorities have tried to use the stop signs, but they soon enough realized that it is not a good move. It creates more congestion and the cars have to stop again and again, while the motorists at times do not even care and keep moving.
The design of the speed breakers is of molded plastic, rubber or even concrete. The bumps are great, as they are forced to stop their vehicle, or slow down and be cautious about the surrounding and let the passerby pass away without any harm. The good thing about the bumps is that you can remove them whenever you wish to, or when you feel the need to plow down the road or during the winter months.
If you go back to the history chapters, then you will find that the bumps came to use during the early 90's in New Jersey. The design of speed breakers was done by raising the level of the roads, thereby making them as bumps. During that time, the average speed of the vehicles was just 30 miles per hour, still the cars posed as a threat for the pedestrians. It is since that time this tool is being used effectively to control the flow of traffic, and to let the pedestrians pass by without any fear. This tool is being used nearly in every lot and in some places it can also be found in the roads, where there is a need for the vehicles to slow down.
There are some voices that say the rubber speed bumps are very steep, or are very sharp for small vehicles to pass by in high speed. This will further cause nuisance and danger to the vehicles that are travelling above them. The whole point to have a bump is to reduce the flow of traffic, so if by installing the bump, the measure is in good use then there's no harm.
Automobiles Articles1. Buying A Used Or Pre Owned Vehicles For Sale In Chicago
2. How To Obtain Stress-free Car Financing In West Chicago
3. Choppers Modified From Old Harley Davidson Is Trending
Author: Levi Fysh
4. Experience Chauffer Service In Executive Cars Throughout London
Author: Toby Pratt
5. Save Big With Easy-run’s Fall Special!
Author: Al Freilich
6. Fordzero Down Lease Specialscheap Way To Drive New Ford Car
7. Cad, Cam, Cnc And Robots For Manufacturing In Future
Author: CAD, CAM, CNC And Robots For Manufacturing In Futu
8. Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanical Engineers
Author: Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanica
9. October Is National Transport Month
Author: Batteries & More
10. The 2017 Vw Golf Alltrack 135 Tdi: A Volkswagen Dealers Brief Overview
Author: Aaron Reddall
11. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
12. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
13. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
14. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD
15. For An Updated Speed — the Cummins’ Compound Turbo Way
Author: Rip Rook