ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
How To Enforce A Speed Limit In A Parking Area?
Total Articles: 59
If you have ever zipped by a busy parking area while entering a building and you saw a car whipping past you, you realize again, how dangerous a parking lot can be. At times, people are in a hurry and they want the best parking area in a rush; during this time people forget that there are other vehicles as well.
A lot of parking authorities are taking the matter in their own hands and are trying all possible methods to install the safety features like the speed limit signs and rubber speed bumps to motivate the drivers to drive in a responsible and careful manner.
The speed bumps are a great way to keep the speed under control while driving through the parking lot. In some of the parking spots, authorities have tried to use the stop signs, but they soon enough realized that it is not a good move. It creates more congestion and the cars have to stop again and again, while the motorists at times do not even care and keep moving.
The design of the speed breakers is of molded plastic, rubber or even concrete. The bumps are great, as they are forced to stop their vehicle, or slow down and be cautious about the surrounding and let the passerby pass away without any harm. The good thing about the bumps is that you can remove them whenever you wish to, or when you feel the need to plow down the road or during the winter months.
If you go back to the history chapters, then you will find that the bumps came to use during the early 90's in New Jersey. The design of speed breakers was done by raising the level of the roads, thereby making them as bumps. During that time, the average speed of the vehicles was just 30 miles per hour, still the cars posed as a threat for the pedestrians. It is since that time this tool is being used effectively to control the flow of traffic, and to let the pedestrians pass by without any fear. This tool is being used nearly in every lot and in some places it can also be found in the roads, where there is a need for the vehicles to slow down.
There are some voices that say the rubber speed bumps are very steep, or are very sharp for small vehicles to pass by in high speed. This will further cause nuisance and danger to the vehicles that are travelling above them. The whole point to have a bump is to reduce the flow of traffic, so if by installing the bump, the measure is in good use then there's no harm.
Automobiles Articles1. Recognizing The Real Value Of A Student Auto Loan
Author: jeffery reynold
2. Be A Pioneer In The Motorcycle Repairs Here's What You'll Need
Author: Levi Fysh
3. Rockman – The Leading Manufacturers Of Drive Chain Kits & Alloy Wheels For Two Wheelers
Author: Rockman Industries
4. The Most Effective Method To Become An Independent Tyre Dealer
Author: My Tyre Point
5. Atv Tyres
6. Destiny International Filtration - Oil Cleaning Machine Manufacturer In India
Author: priya singh
7. Wounded Warrior Project & Harley-davidson Surprise Los Angeles Veteran With New Bike As Part Of Miss
8. Vectra - The Heavy Construction & Earth Moving Equipment Manufacturing Companies In India & Europe
9. Think Long Term Before You Decide On Your Auto Loan Term
Author: Kaitlin Miller
10. Tips On Choosing The Best Car Breakers Services In Birmingham
Author: Denny Sour
11. Benefits Of Scrap Car Removal In Birmingham
Author: Alex Stewart
12. Black Car, Limousine Service And Airport Transportation West Palm Beach Fl
13. Matters To Look Upon While Looking For A Gear Manufacturer In India
Author: SONA BLW Precision Forgings Ltd.
14. Car Detailing Tips And Keep Your Car Exterior In A Superior Condition With Autofresh
Author: neel patel
15. Things To Know About The Availability Of Different Warranty Plans For Cars
Author: Ewan Thorpe