ALL >> Health >> View Article
Habits Bad For The EyesBy Expert Author: Emily Hernandez
Your eye specialist in Arizona can tell you that there are habits that you find comforting but are damaging to your eyes. Some of them are written below.
Reading or writing at bedtime
You often read books or write in your journal while on bed. For you, it is your best approach to relaxation. You are not aware, however, that this is not good for your eyes because the book or the journal is not properly lighted. Your eyes then become tired and stressed.
Smoking harms your eyes’ tissues. It has been linked to almost 25% of cases of age-related macular degeneration. Hence, the more you smoke, the more you are at risk of developing this eye disease. Not only this. The people who live with you have twice the risk.
Reading while on the road
You always keep a book or magazine inside your bag to give you company while in a moving car or bus. You read it to avoid boredom but you do not realize that this activity actually stretches your eyes and makes it difficult for them to focus. It may also cause motion sickness. You may experience headache, weakness, dizziness and vomiting.
Staring directly at the sun
You are often tempted to look directly at the sun for reasons only you can know. But what’s clear is that you are hurting your eyes. UV rays from the sun prick our eyes. Too much exposure may lead to macular degeneration and cataracts. To protect your eyes, stop staring directly at the sun and wear sunglasses that have the capacity to block UV rays. For maximum protection, choose the one with the wraparound style.
Rubbing eyes when itchy
Do not rub your eyes even if it feels itchy because you will only worsen your situation. If you rub your eyes, you will only irritate it more. In case you are suffering from allergies, rubbing may place the allergens from your lashes to the surface of your eyes. Hence, you should totally forget about rubbing your eyes.
The next time your eyes get irritated, place a cold pack in your eyes. Never opt for warm compress because this will only cause the increased discharge of histamine, a chemical that triggers itching.
Swimming without using goggles or with open eyes
Never think about swimming with your eyes open or without wearing goggles. Chemicals present in the pool badly affect your eyes. You may experience irritation or worse, blurred vision and blindness. Water pressure is damaging for your eyes as well.
Using low-cost makeups
This one is especially for the women. When using cheap makeups, you think you save on cost. But the truth is that you are not because you may spend more for the damage it can do to your eyesight.
Some habits offer us comfort - but they also cause damage to our vision. Therefore, if you want to continuously care for your eyes, avoid doing them. If you are guilty of these practices, consult with your eye specialist in Arizona.
Health Articles1. Abortion Clinics Contingencies That You Need To Know!
Author: Kumar Swaminathan
2. The Berkeley Acupuncture Clinic – All You Need To Know About Acupuncture
Author: Bina Jangda
3. Braces In Calhoun
Author: James mercer
4. Remote-controlled Sensual Toys For Long Distance Love
Author: John Dugan
5. Newly Approved Study Tells Stem Cell Research & Therapy Works For Autism
Author: Nupur Jha
6. Weight Loss Pills - An Easy And Proven Way To Lose Weight
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. How Restorative Dentistry Has Transformed People’s Lives?
Author: Ean Landen
8. How Are You Trying To Find The Best Cosmetic Dentist In Scottsdale, Az?
Author: Ellen Clarke
9. Can Aspirin Help In The Fight Against Pancreatic Cancer?
10. Herbal Supplements To Improve Testosterone And Male Stamina Safely
Author: Michael Jayden
11. Get To Know About Seven Unexpected Health Benefits Of Aromatherapy
Author: Manisha Nigam
12. These Sensual Mistakes Compromise Male Organ Health
Author: John Dugan
13. 4 Teeth Whitening Tips For A Whiter Smile
Author: Vikas Gowd
14. Ayurvedic Weight Loss Treatment To Burn Excess Body Fat Effectively
Author: Mitul Ranawat
15. Ayurvedic Treatment To Gain Weight And Increase Muscle Mass Safely
Author: Mitul Ranawat