ALL >> Health >> View Article
Sample Diet Plan For Gestational Diabetic Patient
Total Articles: 128
Gestational Diabetes is a temporary condition during pregnancy when the motherâ��s body cannot maintain normal blood sugar levels. Large amount of sugar accumulates in the blood when the body is unable to produce insulin. This can be harmful for both the mother and baby. It is important during pregnancy that the expectant mother maintains healthy blood sugar levels. The recommended fasting glucose should be less than 130 milligrams/deciliter and after meal sugar levels needs to be less than 120 milligrams/deciliter. The diets for gestational diabetes should control the blood glucose levels at the same time provide all the vital nutrients during this time. Given below is a sample diet for gestational diabetes.
1. For breakfast take 2 scrambled eggs, 1 slice of whole wheat bread, plain or toast, 1 teaspoon of margarine.
2. The mid morning snack should consist of 1 slice of whole wheat bread, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1 tablespoon Sugar free jam, 1 cup nonfat/low fat milk.
3. For lunch take 1 cup of lentil soup, 1 serving of whole grain crackers, 1 serving of low fat cheese, 1 cup of baby carrots.
4. For mid afternoon snack take 1 serving string cheese and 1 peach.
5. Evening meal should comprise of 1 serving grilled chicken, 1 cup of steam carrots, 1 small baked sweet potato and 1 tablespoon of butter.
6. For bedtime snack take 6 crackers, 1 serving cheese, 1 cup low fat milk.
7. Include plenty of fluid in your diet in the form of vegetable and fruit juices. Try not to drink them alone but to take them with meals and snacks.
8. Donâ��t skip meals. Have small frequent meals throughout the day which support the stabilization of healthy blood glucose much better than one or two large meals.
9. Avoid intake of simple sugars such as white table sugar, honey, jams, maple syrup, candy, non-diet soft drinks.
10. Take a well balanced diet high on fiber such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain products and cereals.
11. Avoid sweet chutneys, oily pickles, ready-to-eat foods that contain high levels of sodium, pastries, cakes, ice cream, and honey as well as sweet sherbets, fizzy drinks and packaged juices, artificial sweeteners, etc.
12. Always take protein and carbohydrate together.
13. Take a light snack before bedtime as this prevents blood glucose levels to shoot up. Reduce the intake of carbohydrates in your breakfast the next morning if you wake up with raised blood sugar levels.
14. Diabkil Capsule is highly efficient herbal supplement that can be taken to control and maintain healthy blood glucose levels.
Hence we can conclude that the diet mentioned above will be helpful in the treatment of Gestational Diabetes.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe