ALL >> Health >> View Article
Sample Diabetic Meals Plan, Sample Menu For Diabetes
Total Articles: 128
A diabetes meal plan medically termed as medical nutrition therapy (MNT) gives you proper guidelines on what to eat and how much to eat at meals and snack times. A diabetes meal plan should comprise of a well balanced diet so that the glucose hits the bloodstream at a regular pace. It should improve your blood glucose, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels and also helps to keep your weight on track. The food should be balanced with insulin and oral medications, and exercise to help manage their blood glucose levels. Given below is a sample menu for diabetes along with many useful diet tips.
1. A sample menu recommends whole wheat pancakes or waffles, a piece of fruit and one cup low fat milk for breakfast.
2. For lunch you can take chicken kebab, half cup steamed broccoli, half cup cooked rice and half cup juice.
3. Dinner can comprise of Pasta primavera prepared with broccoli, carrots, zucchini, yellow squash and Parmesan cheese, 1 cup of low-fat milk.
4. Snacks can comprise of six homemade crispy corn tortilla chips, half cup fresh vegetables with a seasoned garlic sauce.
5. Include in your diet non-starchy vegetables, beans, and fruits such as apples, pears, peaches, and berries. Even tropical fruits like bananas, mangoes, and papayas tend to have a lower glycemic index than typical desserts.
6. Option for low fat milk, yoghurt and custard.
7. Go for lean meat and remove the fat before cooking.
8. Keep the use of butter, lard, dripping, cream, sour cream, copha, coconut milk, coconut cream and hard cooking margarines to the minimum.
9. Take pastries, cakes, puddings, chocolate and cream biscuits occasionally.
10. Limit pre-packaged biscuits, savoury packet snacks, cakes, frozen and convenience meals.
11. Diabkil Capsules are a great herbal supplement that can be taken for this purpose.
12. Avoid creamy sauces or dressings. Choose sauces based on tomato or other low fat ingredients and low fat dressings made from small amounts of polyunsaturated or monounsaturated fats like sunflower, grapeseed, and olive or canola oils.
13. Avoid white potatoes and refined grain products such as white breads and white pasta to small side dishes.
14. Make sure not to skip breakfast. Have 3 meals a day and one or two snacks.
15. Take fish 2-3 times a week and avoid red meat.
16. Choose methods of cooking like grill, broil, bake, or stir-fry instead of frying.
Hence we can conclude that the above mentioned meal plan and diet tips will help us take care of Diabetes effectively.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe