ALL >> Health >> View Article
Simple And Effective Acne Scar Treatment
Total Articles: 137
We all agree that acne stains are far worse than acne itself. These dark spots that seem like a memorial for every acne that broke out on your skin are the biggest hindrance if you are trying to achieve clear skin with an even tone. With advancements in dermatology, many Acne Scar Treatment options are available depending upon the severity of the scar that has been left behind.
Treating Initial Scars
Once the acne lesion heals, you will notice a red mark or a highly pigmented scar on your face. This should not alarm you as it is only a post inflammatory change that can be rectified with simple acne scar treatment. Usually, this process of healing is biologically regulated, but you can also do your bit to help your body heal faster. Here is a list of simple things that you can follow:
• Wear a good sunscreen when you step out to avoid skin damage that delays the healing process.
• Use creams with tretinion to speed up the reconstruction of your skin around these post inflammatory changes.
• You can also opt for alpha hydroxyl treatments to reduce pigmentation and fade the acne scars out.
• Never pick an acne scab as it will make the scar deeper and more difficult to heal. It actually interferes with the body’s natural healing process and prolongs the rectification process of your skin.
Acne Scar Treatment in Acute Cases
There are medical processes that help correct these scars. There are risks and benefits associated with each process and it is highly advised that you discuss a process with your doctor completely before consenting to it. Here are the acne scar treatment options that are available:
1. Derma Fillers: These fillers are injected into the skin to raise the skin surface in the affected area. Derma fillers include human collagen, fat, bovine collagen and hyaluronic acid derivatives. These injections are not a one step process and need to be repeated to keep the skin looking smooth.
2. Punch Excision- This is a surgical method to rectify deep acne scars. A punch biopsy tool is used to excise the scar and put the skin edges together to remove the blemish. Sometimes, instead of suturing the skin edges together, skin grafting may be chosen to cover the excised area. The scar that is formed by excision fades away completely within a few weeks.
3. Punch Elevation- This method is used for scars that have a normal base but a deep and sharp edge. The scar walls are retained after excising the base of the scar. This excised base is then elevated to match the level o the skin and is either glues or stitched to the skin. There are no skin color or texture differences observed with this method.
4. Subcutaneous incision: This process breaks down the fibrous bands that are caused by certain types of scars. This is a surgical process that is performed under local anesthesia.
5. Laser Resurfacing: Laser techniques have always been popular with rectification of skin defects. This process involves the burning of the top layers of the skin to a desired depth to achieve a smooth texture.
No matter what acne treatment you use, make sure it is backed by a good diet and lifestyle to speed up the healing process.
For more information on Acnetreatment and Acne Scar Treatment .Visit Today - http://www.acnetreatment.org/
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important