ALL >> Education >> View Article
How Can You Get People To Read Your Article
Total Articles: 31
After you've worked hard on an article you want people to read it. You hope your article will grab readers' attention and retain it. This may not be what happens. Readers may pass by your article and move on to others. These tips will help you garner readers.Some tips apply to printed articles and others to articles on the Internet.
1. Write a grabber title. If your title doesn't grab a reader, chances are you have lost him or her. Spend time on your title and make sure it's a match for the article that follows. Your title may elicit a smile.
2. Use words that will be picked up by search engines. These words will make people aware of your article and prompt them to read it.
3. Keep it simple. Print magazine articles are getting shorter these days and many are only a few paragraphs long. Text messaging and emails have probably influenced this trend. When you write your article, stick to short sentences and bullet information to foster speed reading.
4. Add headings that guide. Headings are like road signs and tell the reader what is ahead. Clear headings also help people search for information. Include headings in your article if they fit and spend some time on them. Good headings get readers.
5. Use appropriate language. Writing for kids requires a simpler vocabulary, but you can't talk down to kids. Similarly, you shouldn't talk down to older adults. Make your word choices fit the publication.
6. Cite your resources. Give the person's name and explain why this resource is meaningful. For example, one of your resources may be a loan officer at a bank. Another resource may be a teen counselor. When I was freelancing for my local newspaper, I was asked to provide a resource every three paragraphs or so.
7. Provide leads. People may want more information after reading your article, so give them some leads. "For more information about tying your own fishing flies, read _________." You may also refer readers to a local exhibit or trade show.
8. Give them a smile. Laughter makes people remember the article and you. Don't be afraid to share a smile with your readers. You can do this with a quote, a joke, a story, or an admission.
Writing articles is fun. It's even more fun if people read your article and tell you they enjoyed it.
Education Articles1. 70-740 Free Demo Practice
Author: Dennis Ng
2. Driver Education Now Available Online
Author: Mark Nelson
3. Why International Graduates Join Professional Year In Australia?
Author: Catherine Roberts
4. Top 10 Engineering Exams In India
5. What Is The Career Scope In Business Administration?
Author: Executive MBA
6. Top Hadoop Courses To Enroll In This Academic Calendar
Author: Rimpy Sharma
7. 70-480 Study Guides
Author: Dennis Ng
8. Scie - The Indian Educational Destination For International Students
Author: Sukanta Kumar
9. Digitizing Embroidery
Author: digitizing embroidery
10. Why Dps Nagpur Could Be Considered As The Best Cbse School In Nagpur
Author: Paul Wright
11. Web Course
Author: arena student
12. Appropriate Terminology On Dissertation Help
Author: Daisy simpson
13. Mit School Of Vedic Sciences - Reviving Old Indian Education System
Author: MIT Vedicsciences
14. Pilots Are The Heros Of Aviation
Author: HM Aviation
15. Admit Card For Jee Main Admit Card Are Now Available For Download