ALL >> Education >> View Article
What A Freelance Seo Writer Needs To Know About Seo
Total Articles: 37
You don't need vast knowledge about search engine optimization, or SEO, to become a successful freelance SEO writer. But you do need to understand some basics if you want jobs from SEO content firms.
To improve its ranking on search engines like Google or Bing, a company needs well written content containing keywords or keyword phrases important to its business. A company also needs to increase the number of linkbacks to its site from other websites that discuss the keyword or keyword phrase. Businesses often hire SEO marketing firms for these tasks, and the SEO firms usually outsource the content creation work to freelance SEO writers.
Despite the growth of social media, most people still use sites like Google to search for information or products. Cisco conducted a survey last year and found that 74% of consumers use the Internet to research a product before purchasing it. If a business fails to optimize its website for search engines, it will remain invisible to potential customers or readers.
SEO firms usually provide the article's keyword or keyword phrase. Your job as a freelance SEO writer is to produce great content around that keyword, so visitors stay on and return to a website after reading the article. Keywords are important because they make search engines aware that a website contains information on the keywords.
Articles often have keyword densities of 1-2%. The keyword density is the ratio of the keyword or keyword phrase to the article's total number of words. So for a 500 word article, the keyword should appear five to ten times. Since most articles you write will be 300 to 500 words in length, inserting a keyword 2 to 4 times should suffice. Place the keywords in the title and near the top of the article, but don't stuff articles with keywords. Search engines penalize articles with high keyword densities.
SEO firms may ask you to include a link back to their customer's website using the keyword or keyword phrase as the anchor text. Anchor text are the words embedded with a hyperlink. Once search engines realize a website contains a certain keyword, search engines will rank the website based on the number and the quality of linkbacks it has received from other websites for that keyword. A linkback is a like a vote for a website, and receiving a linkback from a popular site counts as a more powerful vote in search engines' ranking systems. Many important votes tell search engines that previous visitors have found a website helpful when searching for information on a keyword or keyword phrase.
Education Articles1. Industrial Safety Online Course
Author: Somiya khatun
2. Intensive Chinese Language Program Shanghai – Become The Master Of The Language
Author: Michel Kern
3. How Primavera Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
4. How Is The Future Of Ios Developer In Today's Technology?
5. Ibm Mdm Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
6. The Online Oracle Interview Questions Help In Your Interview Preparation
7. 10 Most Common Mistakes Every Beginner Java Programmer Makes
8. How Is Ms Ramaiah Institute Of Technology In Terms Of Placements, Ranking, Fees And Admissions?
9. Top Ways To Know How Digital Marketing Grow Your Business Online
Author: Vishal Varma
10. Best Techniques And Tactics For Sales And Marketing Coach
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. Sales And Marketing Strategy By Synture Group For Small Businesses
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
12. Best Education Channels In India – Enriching The Students Future
Author: Nitesh Sharma
13. Problems With Programs And The Law Of Attraction
Author: Shannon Panzo
14. Enrol Into An Ielts Coaching Class To Derive Meritorious Results In English
Author: Jackson Snowball
15. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Cbap Training Program