ALL >> Education >> View Article
What A Freelance Seo Writer Needs To Know About Seo
Total Articles: 37
You don't need vast knowledge about search engine optimization, or SEO, to become a successful freelance SEO writer. But you do need to understand some basics if you want jobs from SEO content firms.
To improve its ranking on search engines like Google or Bing, a company needs well written content containing keywords or keyword phrases important to its business. A company also needs to increase the number of linkbacks to its site from other websites that discuss the keyword or keyword phrase. Businesses often hire SEO marketing firms for these tasks, and the SEO firms usually outsource the content creation work to freelance SEO writers.
Despite the growth of social media, most people still use sites like Google to search for information or products. Cisco conducted a survey last year and found that 74% of consumers use the Internet to research a product before purchasing it. If a business fails to optimize its website for search engines, it will remain invisible to potential customers or readers.
SEO firms usually provide the article's keyword or keyword phrase. Your job as a freelance SEO writer is to produce great content around that keyword, so visitors stay on and return to a website after reading the article. Keywords are important because they make search engines aware that a website contains information on the keywords.
Articles often have keyword densities of 1-2%. The keyword density is the ratio of the keyword or keyword phrase to the article's total number of words. So for a 500 word article, the keyword should appear five to ten times. Since most articles you write will be 300 to 500 words in length, inserting a keyword 2 to 4 times should suffice. Place the keywords in the title and near the top of the article, but don't stuff articles with keywords. Search engines penalize articles with high keyword densities.
SEO firms may ask you to include a link back to their customer's website using the keyword or keyword phrase as the anchor text. Anchor text are the words embedded with a hyperlink. Once search engines realize a website contains a certain keyword, search engines will rank the website based on the number and the quality of linkbacks it has received from other websites for that keyword. A linkback is a like a vote for a website, and receiving a linkback from a popular site counts as a more powerful vote in search engines' ranking systems. Many important votes tell search engines that previous visitors have found a website helpful when searching for information on a keyword or keyword phrase.
Education Articles1. Data Science Is Increasing Extensively And It Is Everywhere
2. Why I Should Join Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Sanjay Burman
3. How To Write Pertinent Assignments
Author: Jessica Gross
4. Digital Marketing Trend In 2018
Author: TOPS Technologies
5. Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools
Author: Learn Vern
6. Latest Cisco 200-125 Exam Dumps 2018
7. Simple Mule Esb Interview Questions |bytes Online Training
Author: Rahul Tandale
8. The Right Place To Get Your Get Your Engineering Degree
Author: ponting brown
9. Open Gateways To Your Dream Mba Programmes At Symbiosis With Snap!
Author: Mohan Patil
10. Optimising Keywords With Seo Training Institute In Mumbai
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Empower Your Skills With Ethical Hacking Training Program
12. Learn Web Designing Courses In Chandigarh
Author: James Digosta
13. Different Courses And Programmes Of Learning Chinese Language.
Author: Michel Kern
14. How To Install Windows On A Mac With Boot Camp (boot Camp Software)
15. What Should You Do When Receive A Message “macro Is Disabled Due To Security Settings?”
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy