ALL >> Education >> View Article
Tips On Legal Translation
Total Articles: 40
Legal translation is a very specialist area of translation and should only be carried out by a qualified, experienced legal translator who is not only fluent in each country's language but also understands both legal terminology and understands the law in the English language and the corresponding foreign language. Due to the differences in legal terminology and linguistic structures between counties is it essential that legal translation is used to ensure correspondence of these rights and duties from the original text into the translation.
For translators of legal documents, using the correct words and phrases is of paramount importance. Any errors could be fatal due to the effects that a legal misjudgement could have and could result in either parties breaking the law and opening themselves up for serious legal actions. For those who specialise in the translation of legal documents, ensuring that the exact meaning is carried across correctly could not be more important.
The following is a list of tips on legal translation, what to expect and how to ensure the best people are employed for the job.
What needs translating?
Before you look for a translator make sure you know exactly what needs translating, there are a number of different law specialisms such as immigration, criminal, employment or property laws for example, each case will require certain documents to be translated - it may also not be necessary for the whole of your documents to be translated, figure out which parts need to be translated to save you time and money.
Once you have figured out what documents need translating you need to be clear on what language you require. It is important to understand the variations of laws within a country and the numbers of languages spoken within it as many have their own idioms and terminology. Any good translation company will have in-depth knowledge of the laws within a particular country and a thorough understanding on the structural differences between legal systems.
Agree on a list of legal terminology
You should agree a list of terms before the translation process begins. Laws carry words that have incredibly specific legal meanings and it is highly important that these are translated correctly. By agreeing on a list of terms it reduces the likelihood of error and disagreement.
How are you documents stored and transferred?
Your legal documents contain information that is under privacy guidelines so it is important to understand how your documents are going to be handled. The translator must maintain confidentiality at all times.
Education Articles1. Insight Of The Key Benefits Of Corporate Training
2. Which Are The Best Engineering Courses In India 2017?
3. Essay On Drug Crime Investigation
Author: jackson bird
4. Dyslexia Software Ready For Windows 10s - Ghotit Dyslexia
5. Fishy Things That Nobody Told You About Tax Accountant In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
6. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh, Mohali India
7. Sap Online Training By Learn It Training
Author: Learn IT Training, Hyderabad Based Online Training
8. Prepare Your Child With Summer Tutoring Programs
Author: TAS New York
9. Engineers Have The Ability To Change The World
Author: ponting brown
10. Which Are The Best Engineering And Architecture Courses In The Construction Industry?
11. Past Responsive Webdesign: Tomorrows Technology
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
12. Explore, Learn, Construct & Grow With Cept University
Author: cept university
13. Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Taking Online Classes
Author: Benjamin Williams
14. Numerical Simulation Of Flow Ower Flat - Sloped Stepped Spillway
15. How To Improve Academic Performance: 5 Things You’re Forgetting To Do
Author: Todd Manning