ALL >> Education >> View Article
Tips On Legal Translation
Total Articles: 40
Legal translation is a very specialist area of translation and should only be carried out by a qualified, experienced legal translator who is not only fluent in each country's language but also understands both legal terminology and understands the law in the English language and the corresponding foreign language. Due to the differences in legal terminology and linguistic structures between counties is it essential that legal translation is used to ensure correspondence of these rights and duties from the original text into the translation.
For translators of legal documents, using the correct words and phrases is of paramount importance. Any errors could be fatal due to the effects that a legal misjudgement could have and could result in either parties breaking the law and opening themselves up for serious legal actions. For those who specialise in the translation of legal documents, ensuring that the exact meaning is carried across correctly could not be more important.
The following is a list of tips on legal translation, what to expect and how to ensure the best people are employed for the job.
What needs translating?
Before you look for a translator make sure you know exactly what needs translating, there are a number of different law specialisms such as immigration, criminal, employment or property laws for example, each case will require certain documents to be translated - it may also not be necessary for the whole of your documents to be translated, figure out which parts need to be translated to save you time and money.
Once you have figured out what documents need translating you need to be clear on what language you require. It is important to understand the variations of laws within a country and the numbers of languages spoken within it as many have their own idioms and terminology. Any good translation company will have in-depth knowledge of the laws within a particular country and a thorough understanding on the structural differences between legal systems.
Agree on a list of legal terminology
You should agree a list of terms before the translation process begins. Laws carry words that have incredibly specific legal meanings and it is highly important that these are translated correctly. By agreeing on a list of terms it reduces the likelihood of error and disagreement.
How are you documents stored and transferred?
Your legal documents contain information that is under privacy guidelines so it is important to understand how your documents are going to be handled. The translator must maintain confidentiality at all times.
Education Articles1. Want To Improve Your Brand Visibility Buy Private School Data Lists From School Data Lists
2. Best Selenium Training, Online Institute In Hyderabad Bangalore
3. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Ameerpet
4. What Does Your Texas Or Pennsylvania Online Real Estate Course Need To Have?
Author: Edmund Brunetti
5. Why Are People Taking Their New York Or California Real Estate License Course Online?
Author: Edmund Brunetti
6. Rpa – What Do You Need To Know
7. 5 Countries Where You Can Earn A Living While Studying
Author: Pranati Roy
8. Which Are The Best Bba Colleges In India?
Author: ies online12
9. What Are The Top Engineering Colleges In Bangalore?
10. How Is Jain University, Bangalore? How Are The Faculty, Placements, The Campus And The Overall Facto
11. How To Prepare For Neet
Author: Kriti Chopra
12. How To Be A Better Learner
Author: Aadarsh Agarwal
13. How To Master The Art Of Assignment Writing In 5 Easy Steps
Author: Tiana Crush
14. Optimize Your Hospital’s - Digital Marketing Strategy 2018
Author: Ajay Kumar
15. Learn Cpr At Your Convenience With An Online Cpr Class
Author: Christopher Bayer