ALL >> Education >> View Article
What Can You Do With An English Degree
Total Articles: 35
Those who hold a degree in English have earned one of the most versatile degrees available. In virtually every company or business, writers are utilized to create content for advertising, marketing, technical writing, editing, and other projects. English majors often work in law offices, public relations businesses, and research corporations. If working for a large business doesn't appeal to you, teaching in an elementary, middle school, high school, or college atmosphere is also possible.
The most obvious job available to those with this degree is one that primarily deals with writing. This may include writing articles for small or large corporations, becoming an author, or choosing a career as a journalist. Individuals in this particular field often have well-developed vocabularies and exceptional grammar skills. Authors typically write about their own interests, which may be in the non-fiction, fiction, bibliography, or young adult categories, to name a few. Journalists can work writing news articles for magazines, newspapers, and other literary outlets.
Technical writing is a little different than "typical" writing. This career may include grant and proposal writing in addition to penning technical information for instruction manuals and documents. Jobs are most often found in partnership with scientists, software developers, computer specialists, and engineers. The main job of these individuals is to translate complex information into a more simplified language, so it can be easily be read and understood.
If you're not interested in just writing, an English degree can be a great building block for other careers. Many students in law school find an English degree useful in their pursuit of becoming a legal assistant, paralegal, or an attorney.
Still other careers are available as a publisher, editor, or copywriter. A publisher or editor is more of a managing position. Publishers have ultimate creative control over whatever publication with which they are affiliated. Editors manage, edit, plan, review, and revise writing content for their chosen publication. A copywriter will work with reading and editing written work. They will also often be one of the last people to see work before it is published. Their job is to ensure the writing can be clearly understood and doesn't contain any grammatical or spelling errors.
For those who are looking to align themselves with marketing or advertising, positions such as a brand manager, marketing coordinator, public relations specialist, or corporate blogger are available. Sales writing requires script that is quick, concise, and persuasive. While other writing may use long, flowing, drawn-out descriptive language, business writing aims to convey the same dramatic writing in a shorter and more understandable way.
Education Articles1. Industrial Safety Online Course
Author: Somiya khatun
2. Intensive Chinese Language Program Shanghai – Become The Master Of The Language
Author: Michel Kern
3. How Primavera Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
4. How Is The Future Of Ios Developer In Today's Technology?
5. Ibm Mdm Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
6. The Online Oracle Interview Questions Help In Your Interview Preparation
7. 10 Most Common Mistakes Every Beginner Java Programmer Makes
8. How Is Ms Ramaiah Institute Of Technology In Terms Of Placements, Ranking, Fees And Admissions?
9. Top Ways To Know How Digital Marketing Grow Your Business Online
Author: Vishal Varma
10. Best Techniques And Tactics For Sales And Marketing Coach
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. Sales And Marketing Strategy By Synture Group For Small Businesses
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
12. Best Education Channels In India – Enriching The Students Future
Author: Nitesh Sharma
13. Problems With Programs And The Law Of Attraction
Author: Shannon Panzo
14. Enrol Into An Ielts Coaching Class To Derive Meritorious Results In English
Author: Jackson Snowball
15. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Cbap Training Program