ALL » General >> View Article
Oregon Is Leader In Selling Tobacco To KidsBy Expert Author: Bernard Fowler
Today no one can contest the health risks connected to smoking. Lung cancer is most popular canerous diseases in Oregon. Lung cancer has a latency period of 30 years and during this period the disease may not show itself. It was found that almost 80% of regular smokers start smoking before the age of 18.
These numbers represent a perfect opportunity to prevent health problem in the early age, when smoking habit may be altered with other healthy habits. This may help thousands of Oregonian people avoid big costs connected with cancer treatment and lost income. This is nothing of what the grim final years of life look like for terminal lung cancer victims, as most need assistance from friends and families who dig into their own budget to help.
A recent report on the subject was made recently and included all American states. Oregon among them, continued to exceed federal targets for lowering the sale of tobacco products to underage people.
The bad news was that Oregon showed little improvement and was found to be leading the USA in the number of retail outlets that illegally sold cigarettes to kids. While the retailer violation rate nationally was 9.1% (half the U.S. target of 20%) Oregon stores showed a violation rate of 17.9%. Violations are recorded when underage decoys enter the store and attempt to make a buying.
Oregon's 11th graders may smoke less than their peers from other states. Nick Budnick from Oregon attributed to an Oregon health official a survey finding that 12% of high school juniors reported using tobacco in the previous 30 days, that is below the national average of 19%. Bright note contrasted with a finding in the same survey that 6% to 7% of Oregon 8th graders reporting smoking compared to 5% to 6% of their national peers.
However, it is unclear how many teenage smokers ultimately buy cigarettes at the store. Significantly, overseers claim Oregon's method of conducting decoy sting operations produces results that are only 75% accurate. Most teens who are surveyed claim "friends" as their source of cigarettes. But Budnick cited a 2011 state survey in which one third of 11th graders who said they'd smoked in the previous 30 days also said they'd bought cigarettes at the store.
General Articles1. Download Premium Wordpress Themes From Reliable Developers To Enhance Website Presence Online
2. Tablet Repair London | Screen Repair Or Replacement | Tablet Repairer
Author: Tablet Repair
3. Limousine Service In Washington Will Provide A Romantic Spark
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
4. Digitalized And Globalized Medical Marketplaces
Author: parveen kumar
5. Different Branches Of Oil And Gas Engineering
Author: Mohammad Khalid
6. App Store Optimization Tool | More Users To Your App
Author: Richelle Guo
7. An Insight Into The Perks Of Online Magazine Advertising
Author: Aditya G.
8. Understanding The Dietary Requirements Of Young Pets
Author: Jackson Robert
9. Pega 7 Live Online Training And Self Learning Video By Professionals In New York - Usa
10. Hiring Expert Freestylers For Advancing The Footballing Game Level
Author: parveen kumar
11. What You Don't Know About Casinos Might Shock You
12. Nokia Phone Repairs | Certified Technicians Work On Your Device
Author: Nokia Repairer
13. Review: Lexmark Cs410dtn Printer
Author: Ackley Ada
14. Plus Size Swimwear Uk
15. Get Your Love Back By Vashikaran Mantra | Love Problem Solutions
Author: Get Your Love Back by Vashikaran Mantra | Love pro