ALL >> General >> View Article
Oregon Is Leader In Selling Tobacco To Kids
Total Articles: 27
Today no one can contest the health risks connected to smoking. Lung cancer is most popular canerous diseases in Oregon. Lung cancer has a latency period of 30 years and during this period the disease may not show itself. It was found that almost 80% of regular smokers start smoking before the age of 18.
These numbers represent a perfect opportunity to prevent health problem in the early age, when smoking habit may be altered with other healthy habits. This may help thousands of Oregonian people avoid big costs connected with cancer treatment and lost income. This is nothing of what the grim final years of life look like for terminal lung cancer victims, as most need assistance from friends and families who dig into their own budget to help.
A recent report on the subject was made recently and included all American states. Oregon among them, continued to exceed federal targets for lowering the sale of tobacco products to underage people.
The bad news was that Oregon showed little improvement and was found to be leading the USA in the number of retail outlets that illegally sold cigarettes to kids. While the retailer violation rate nationally was 9.1% (half the U.S. target of 20%) Oregon stores showed a violation rate of 17.9%. Violations are recorded when underage decoys enter the store and attempt to make a buying.
Oregon's 11th graders may smoke less than their peers from other states. Nick Budnick from Oregon attributed to an Oregon health official a survey finding that 12% of high school juniors reported using tobacco in the previous 30 days, that is below the national average of 19%. Bright note contrasted with a finding in the same survey that 6% to 7% of Oregon 8th graders reporting smoking compared to 5% to 6% of their national peers.
However, it is unclear how many teenage smokers ultimately buy cigarettes at the store. Significantly, overseers claim Oregon's method of conducting decoy sting operations produces results that are only 75% accurate. Most teens who are surveyed claim "friends" as their source of cigarettes. But Budnick cited a 2011 state survey in which one third of 11th graders who said they'd smoked in the previous 30 days also said they'd bought cigarettes at the store.
General Articles1. Norton Antivirus Setup Support For Virus Removal
Author: Shane Wills
2. Best Floor Plan Design Tips
Author: The Cheesy Animation
3. How To Select The Best Public Electric Car Charging Stations
4. Gebd - Education Directory Online In Australia
5. Land Transport Companies | Logistics Services In Dubai
6. Foxminers Launches Revolutionary Mining Chip
7. Wise Cards And Access Control - A Look In The Not Too Faraway Future
Author: Joe pi
8. Seo Mistake That Totally Effects Our Website Traffic.
Author: Nipa Sharma
9. Land Title Search Why It Is Needed And What They Consist Of
Author: Olivier Thomas is the author of this article
10. Taroudant In Morocco
Author: Medhat Elsergany
11. How Should One Choose The Best Mode Of Sicily Transfer?
Author: Christian Guardione
12. Psp4 Repair Centre Manchester - Playstation Repair By Experts
Author: PSP4 Repair Centre
13. Examcollection 400-151 Vce Practice Test
14. How To Take Care Of Indoor Plants
15. Realtor In Boerne Tx – Hire The Most Professional Fredericksburg Texas Real Estate Agent!
Author: Realtor in Boerne TX, Fredericksburg Texas