ALL >> General >> View Article
Oregon Is Leader In Selling Tobacco To Kids
Total Articles: 27
Today no one can contest the health risks connected to smoking. Lung cancer is most popular canerous diseases in Oregon. Lung cancer has a latency period of 30 years and during this period the disease may not show itself. It was found that almost 80% of regular smokers start smoking before the age of 18.
These numbers represent a perfect opportunity to prevent health problem in the early age, when smoking habit may be altered with other healthy habits. This may help thousands of Oregonian people avoid big costs connected with cancer treatment and lost income. This is nothing of what the grim final years of life look like for terminal lung cancer victims, as most need assistance from friends and families who dig into their own budget to help.
A recent report on the subject was made recently and included all American states. Oregon among them, continued to exceed federal targets for lowering the sale of tobacco products to underage people.
The bad news was that Oregon showed little improvement and was found to be leading the USA in the number of retail outlets that illegally sold cigarettes to kids. While the retailer violation rate nationally was 9.1% (half the U.S. target of 20%) Oregon stores showed a violation rate of 17.9%. Violations are recorded when underage decoys enter the store and attempt to make a buying.
Oregon's 11th graders may smoke less than their peers from other states. Nick Budnick from Oregon attributed to an Oregon health official a survey finding that 12% of high school juniors reported using tobacco in the previous 30 days, that is below the national average of 19%. Bright note contrasted with a finding in the same survey that 6% to 7% of Oregon 8th graders reporting smoking compared to 5% to 6% of their national peers.
However, it is unclear how many teenage smokers ultimately buy cigarettes at the store. Significantly, overseers claim Oregon's method of conducting decoy sting operations produces results that are only 75% accurate. Most teens who are surveyed claim "friends" as their source of cigarettes. But Budnick cited a 2011 state survey in which one third of 11th graders who said they'd smoked in the previous 30 days also said they'd bought cigarettes at the store.
General Articles1. Budget-friendly Prom Transportation With A Party Bus Of Dc
Author: cheap party bus dc
2. 5 Tips To Store Your Clothes In A Self-storage Unit
Author: Hannah Paul
3. Teflon Wires - A Sturdy Material For The Safety Of Your Workplace
Author: Mr. Nitin Pratap Singh.
4. Iphone 6s Screen Repair Johnstone
5. The New Subaru Outback Shines As Pro Cycling Support Car
Author: Ben Sporn
6. Safety Tips You Need To Know Before Taking A Cab In Delhi.
Author: Hello42 cabs
7. Luxurious And Budget Friendly Transportation With Washington, Dc Limo Service
Author: limo service dc
8. Php Multi Vendor B2b | B2c Ecommerce Marketplace Web Development Company
9. Make Valentine’s Day A Group Celebration With Party Buses For Rent
10. Tips To Minimise Energy Bills In 2017
11. The Southbourne Tax Group: Tips On Having An Efficient Tax Appointment
Author: Elsie Meidinger
12. Email Address Verification
Author: parveen kumar
13. Everything You Need To Know About Leaking Balconies And Its Repair
Author: Andrew Lance
14. Steps To Get Into Mobile App Development And Ensure Success
Author: Harold Vance
15. Flights From San Francisco (sfo) To Mumbai (bom)
Author: Guru Karanam