ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
Is It Worth Filing A Motor Insurance Claim For A Minor Dent?
Total Articles: 141
Damage to your vehicle is to be expected, but how you handle it is what is important. It is always sensible to weigh whether the damage is worth filing a motor insurance claim for or is it smarter to wait for another claim-free year. Many of the minor auto-related issues like scratches, door and bumper dents caused by minor vehicle accidents or unforeseen natural disasters can be fixed without costing you big bucks. Here is a check-list of common vehicle problems and their surprisingly simple solutions.
Chip on my Windshield
Chips are one of the most common types of damage on your vehicle. Sooner or later, most windshields get hit by a pebble or stone that might cause a small chip or crack. However minor, it is potentially dangerous if it is in the same line of the driver’s vision, and also results in emphasizing glare on the glass. If you are far away from the city, the first thing to do is to put some clear plastic tape over the crack to keep away dust, mud, and bird droppings as these later interfere with the repair. If the damage is extensive and repairing costs are more than you can afford, filing a motor insurance claim is advisable. But you need to check if your motor insurance cover this type of damage.
Dent on my vehicle!!!
For just a mere dent with no serious damage, the best idea and advice is to get it fixed, rather than file a motor insurance claim. Do remember not to try doing it yourself as it may make it worse. Take your vehicle to the nearest garage and pay out-of-pocket for the removal of the dent.
In most cases, it is advisable to cover the cost out of pocket and not filing a motor insurance claim for the same, because fixing a dent costs less than your motor insurance deductible.
Let go of smaller claims
Never rush to make a claim for every small dent on your vehicle. You are entitled to a no-claim bonus (NCB) for every claim-free year. If you don't make any claim on your motor insurance policy for a few years, the NCB can reduce your premium cost by as much as 50%. Many a times, it has been seen that what you spend on repairs in the garage could be less than the amount you stand to lose as no-claim bonus on your motor insurance.
There are benefits to not filing a motor insurance claim for minor reasons. Assess the damage to your vehicle before you decide to file a motor insurance claim.
It is very essential to have a car insurance policy. Author Pranav Sharma is an experienced insurance professional and widely read expert on
Insurance Articles1. Health Insurance Company
Author: Kent Pinkerton
2. Compare Health Insurance Online & Plan For The Emergency Room
Author: Muhammad Waqar Asghar
3. The Best Mortgage Advice Liverpool
4. Professional Mortgage Advice Liverpool
5. Mortgage Advisor Leeds Makes The Process Of Mortgage Quick And Easy
6. Help From A Mortgage Broker Sheffield
7. Car Insurance Best Rates
Author: Mike Hearn
8. Few Tips To Remember Before Buying Insurance From Private Companies
Author: Money Classic Research
9. Personal Insurance Is Significant In Dubai
Author: Omega Insurance
10. Education In Dubai Might Increase But Not To Those Who Invest In Child Education Plan.
Author: Omega Insurance
11. Peach Injury - Medical Lien Services
Author: Peach Injury Network LLc
12. 6 Tips To Follow To Get Cheap High Risk Auto Insurance
Author: Victor Cano
13. Welcome Aboard To International Travel
14. Choose Best Home Insurance Company In California And Find A Best Home Insurance Policy
15. 3 Facts That You Must Know About Freight Factoring Services
Author: Husam Jandal