ALL >> Education >> View Article
Five Article Writing Skills
Total Articles: 40
Being a freelance writer can be a more difficult field to break into then people realize, but it is very possible to succeed and thrive if you work hard and are determined. Here are five skills that can help a beginning freelance writer succeed.
Determination- If you want to be a writer and stay in the field, be prepared for rejection. Rejection is not a bad thing. Sometimes you might get feedback to help you improve in the field. If you or your works are turned away by a potential client, do not give up. Keep on applying, keep on improving and get your foot in the door.
Marketability- Write as much as you can, in any style about any topic that you can and you may find that clients and employers will be looking for you because you can right in the style that they are looking for, instead of putting yourself in one specific niche. Marketability can open up so many more doors.
Work Hard- When you are your own employer, the amount of money that you make and the traffic that you develop depends on how much you can promote yourself and how much business you can develop. That all falls on you, the writer. Check out all the freelancing job boards and there are a lot of them. Make a name for yourself on those boards and apply, apply, apply.
Follow Directions- If you are a freelancing article writer or any kind of freelance writer, one of the reasons that you may be getting in the field is that you don't want someone hovering over your shoulder, seeing how productive you are being. That means it is basically up to you to start working and get the projects done that you are assigned and it is up to you to follow directions even in the application and bidding for project process. Clients are going to look for someone who can follow their vision and goals for their projects and they want someone who can pay attention to small details. You might even come across some job listings where they will ask you to type in a few words in your proposal to make sure that you are paying attention and not just bidding randomly.
Time Management- Again, as a freelance writer, more likely than not, you are not bound to a set schedule. This can be one of the best feelings in the world and it can also be one of the worst, especially when you have a deadline and you realize in horror that you are not even close to meeting it because instead of writing, you decided to go on a day trip. Manage time wisely. Sometimes it might be a good idea to start working on an assignment or project as soon as it is received and write in blocks of time so it is not too overwhelming.
Education Articles1. Interior Design Course In Chennai
2. Software Testing Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
3. I Owe My Success To The Top Engineering College; Jmit
Author: ponting brown
4. Pass Microsoft Dynamics 365 Mb6-895 Exam In First Attempt With Valid Mb6-895 Exam Questions
Author: Bella Henry
5. Study Mbbs In Ukraine- One-stop-place To Study Mbbs
Author: kamal sharma
6. Why 2013 Is The Year Of Php
7. Best Web Designing Tools (2018)
8. Take The Help Of College Counseling For Getting Admission Abroad
Author: Michelle andre
9. Aspiring To Study Abroad? Take Up The Pte First Before Applying For Student Visa
Author: Mia Seal
10. Engineering In Artificial Intelligence
Author: Gaurav Peshkar
11. How Pmp Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career?
12. Best Digital Marketing Course In Hyderabad
Author: sai bhargav
13. How Nbfc Companies In Mumbai Is Changing Things For Student Loan:
Author: Eduvanz provides low cost, smart loans to finance
14. Common Mistakes A Graphic Designer Must Always Avoid...
Author: pankaj singh
15. Career Scope In Animation
Author: Visual Media