ALL >> Education >> View Article
Article Writing - How To Write A Compelling Article Incorporating Lists
Total Articles: 37
I always find it sensible to stay in the library to read books and magazines when I have plenty of time, aside from chatting with my sister who works as Librarian in a University. While she is busy attending to her duties, I get myself in full activity browsing through the bookshelves, periodicals and journals and drown myself into reading with subject matters that interest me. From the magazines I leaf through, and even from a number of books I browsed, I stumble upon a few of how-to-articles. Some magazines used one whole page to such topics as: how to manage your finances, how to fix a broken marriage, and a lot more of this type of article incorporating a list of things to do. Do you notice the trend? Everyone wants to write a process analysis essay, or step-by-step instructions for achieving assured results. Because of the trend, I find it valuable to write about how to write a compelling article incorporating lists.
This type of articles is better known as the how-to-articles. You will easily spot the article as one incorporating lists because there are bullets and numbers, and some bold italicized phrases beginning at each line of instructions. Some writers claim that how-to-articles are easy to do and what most people are looking for! We seek knowledge; we want to learn many things. The newlyweds will of course be interested to study aspects as making a marriage work, how to please their spouses, how to breastfeed their babies and things of that sort. The writers definitely will make themselves busy providing for this demand; however, each of them is vying for the best piece, one that compels a reader to hook up his time and buy an e-book,if there is an offer.
Here are tips on how to write a compelling article incorporating lists:
· Determine your market
Assuming you already have a market for your articles, you should never forget what format they usually ask from you. Different editors have distinct styles. There are those who want you to explain your topics first in the opening paragraph. There are those who want instructions more than a list of supplies and so forth and so on. You learn the kind of format that you are going to do for your publisher if you study your market well.
· Make yourself the best source of "how to do things" list for your article.
Make a killer list of what you know how to do. Write down anything you can think of, the more, the better. Choose from that list the best tips you believe you can share.
· Ask ideas from friends and relatives and make another valuable list for you to choose from.
Sometimes we underestimate our friends' ideas, including our own. Before you reject one as a good source for a "how-to-articles," make a review or simply re-evaluate the thought you are about to abandon. There are times we think it's not fitting, but we see it published by other writers and gaining popularity. Too late blaming yourself for it and to realize that the idea was yours to give. The honor should have been yours to take too!
· Always consider what your editor or publisher wants.
If he needed pictures, then by all means take pictures and insert it to your article.
· Plan your outline. Decide whether you are going to use bullets or numbers.
· Start Writing your article with a catchy title. Remember you are going to make step by step instructions to your readers. Make it specific and clear.
· Explain every term and procedure, taking one idea at a time and expanding it if needed.
· Make a natural chronological close, if that is necessary. Sum up what you have said.
Finally, you have to make a paragraph or two that wraps it all up, a positive statement about how your readers will benefit from the new learning coming from the list you have incorporated into the article.
Education Articles1. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur
2. Why For Selenium Testing And What Mean For Selenium ?
4. Career Prospects Of A Proficient Mba Candidate
5. Sunday School Small Group Lessons And Activities
Author: parveen kumar
6. It Is Mandatory For You To Get Your License For Doing Your Real Estate
Author: Daniel Acosta
7. The Best Tool To Help You Clear The Clat Exam
Author: Reva Solanki
8. Helping Management Scholars With Their Phd Dissertations
Author: Gary Brill
9. Ways To Get A Healthy Voice By Changing Lifestyle
Author: David K's Music School
10. What Do Students Need To Learn About Dissertation Writing Services Before Hiring Them
Author: David Cyryl
11. Things To Look For While Selecting A School In Bhubaneswar For Your Child
Author: John Watson
12. Benefits Of Tax Accountant That May Change Your Perspective
Author: Austin Loader
13. Why Should To Learn Web Development
Author: Web development training in marathahalli.Gyanguide
14. Make Your Career In Largest Retail Industry World
Author: nisha mishra
15. Power Of Heart: How You Can Actually Decode It And Does It Serve For Better Purpose In Life?
Author: Gian Kumar