ALL >> Education >> View Article
Freelance Writing 101
Total Articles: 37
Starting one's own business can seem like a very daunting task, but that is exactly what freelance writing is, basically posting a sign on your virtual window saying "Writer for Hire" But what does it take to get started?
Contrary to popular opinion, you do not necessarily have to have a degree in English to be a freelance writer although in terms of the technical part of writing that can be very helpful. However, it is not specifically a requirement. Sometimes all you need to get yourself started is the love, desire and passion to want to write. You may not even be a person who likes to write but as long as you want to be in this field and are willing to work, one can go very far.
Do not let anyone hold you back in terms of wanting to be a writer, especially yourself. Some people may feel that they need to go back to school and get a Master's Degree in writing and build up a really huge portfolio before even attempting to dive into the freelancing world. Stop thinking like that. If you want to write, then write. Write on the side, write whenever you have free time, but just write. Yes, a writer's resume, published pieces can definitely help but there are some clients out there that just want someone who can write and write well.
Two things that are a must to have are a computer or tablet with some sort of word processing software and a steady, reliable internet connection. The computer obviously is what a writer needs to produce their work and doing it in an organized manner. The internet connection is if you need to research a topic, check on information or be able to contact your client quickly or have them contact you and not have them be concerned that you have completely dropped off the planet, occasionally with their cash advance.
Another item that a freelance writer needs is a place to be able to be productive. That can be anywhere where one feels comfortable being able to do work and to do it well, without distractions. It can be an office, a bedroom; it could even be your local coffee shop as long as it has a good internet signal and assuming, if you buy something. Find that place and make it your own, free of distractions such as other people or pets. Do what it takes to make it your own personal workspace.
Once you have those items that will at least get you headed in the right direction. Definitely figure out what kind of strategy that you want to use to figure out where you want this profession to take you and to what level. Is this just a hobby? Are you doing this to supplement an income? Or are you looking to do this full time. These are the questions to ask to determine where and how you want to write.
Education Articles1. Industrial Safety Online Course
Author: Somiya khatun
2. Intensive Chinese Language Program Shanghai – Become The Master Of The Language
Author: Michel Kern
3. How Primavera Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
4. How Is The Future Of Ios Developer In Today's Technology?
5. Ibm Mdm Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
6. The Online Oracle Interview Questions Help In Your Interview Preparation
7. 10 Most Common Mistakes Every Beginner Java Programmer Makes
8. How Is Ms Ramaiah Institute Of Technology In Terms Of Placements, Ranking, Fees And Admissions?
9. Top Ways To Know How Digital Marketing Grow Your Business Online
Author: Vishal Varma
10. Best Techniques And Tactics For Sales And Marketing Coach
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. Sales And Marketing Strategy By Synture Group For Small Businesses
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
12. Best Education Channels In India – Enriching The Students Future
Author: Nitesh Sharma
13. Problems With Programs And The Law Of Attraction
Author: Shannon Panzo
14. Enrol Into An Ielts Coaching Class To Derive Meritorious Results In English
Author: Jackson Snowball
15. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Cbap Training Program