ALL >> Education >> View Article
Freelance Writing 101
Total Articles: 37
Starting one's own business can seem like a very daunting task, but that is exactly what freelance writing is, basically posting a sign on your virtual window saying "Writer for Hire" But what does it take to get started?
Contrary to popular opinion, you do not necessarily have to have a degree in English to be a freelance writer although in terms of the technical part of writing that can be very helpful. However, it is not specifically a requirement. Sometimes all you need to get yourself started is the love, desire and passion to want to write. You may not even be a person who likes to write but as long as you want to be in this field and are willing to work, one can go very far.
Do not let anyone hold you back in terms of wanting to be a writer, especially yourself. Some people may feel that they need to go back to school and get a Master's Degree in writing and build up a really huge portfolio before even attempting to dive into the freelancing world. Stop thinking like that. If you want to write, then write. Write on the side, write whenever you have free time, but just write. Yes, a writer's resume, published pieces can definitely help but there are some clients out there that just want someone who can write and write well.
Two things that are a must to have are a computer or tablet with some sort of word processing software and a steady, reliable internet connection. The computer obviously is what a writer needs to produce their work and doing it in an organized manner. The internet connection is if you need to research a topic, check on information or be able to contact your client quickly or have them contact you and not have them be concerned that you have completely dropped off the planet, occasionally with their cash advance.
Another item that a freelance writer needs is a place to be able to be productive. That can be anywhere where one feels comfortable being able to do work and to do it well, without distractions. It can be an office, a bedroom; it could even be your local coffee shop as long as it has a good internet signal and assuming, if you buy something. Find that place and make it your own, free of distractions such as other people or pets. Do what it takes to make it your own personal workspace.
Once you have those items that will at least get you headed in the right direction. Definitely figure out what kind of strategy that you want to use to figure out where you want this profession to take you and to what level. Is this just a hobby? Are you doing this to supplement an income? Or are you looking to do this full time. These are the questions to ask to determine where and how you want to write.
Education Articles1. Data Science Is Increasing Extensively And It Is Everywhere
2. Why I Should Join Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Sanjay Burman
3. How To Write Pertinent Assignments
Author: Jessica Gross
4. Digital Marketing Trend In 2018
Author: TOPS Technologies
5. Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools
Author: Learn Vern
6. Latest Cisco 200-125 Exam Dumps 2018
7. Simple Mule Esb Interview Questions |bytes Online Training
Author: Rahul Tandale
8. The Right Place To Get Your Get Your Engineering Degree
Author: ponting brown
9. Open Gateways To Your Dream Mba Programmes At Symbiosis With Snap!
Author: Mohan Patil
10. Optimising Keywords With Seo Training Institute In Mumbai
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Empower Your Skills With Ethical Hacking Training Program
12. Learn Web Designing Courses In Chandigarh
Author: James Digosta
13. Different Courses And Programmes Of Learning Chinese Language.
Author: Michel Kern
14. How To Install Windows On A Mac With Boot Camp (boot Camp Software)
15. What Should You Do When Receive A Message “macro Is Disabled Due To Security Settings?”
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy