ALL >> Education >> View Article
Online Education (masters Degree In Policing And Law Enforcement)
Total Articles: 215
The field of law enforcement, policing and investigation are among the most important public services in the country, and aim at protecting and serving the public in various situations. The fields of law enforcement and policing focus on maintaining the order on city streets and apprehending criminals, whereas the field of investigation concentrates on various techniques such as gathering information, surveillance, and collecting and analyzing physical evidence in order to link a perpetrator to a crime.
Pursuing a career in law enforcement can take you in any number of directions, from homeland security to the police force to the correctional system to the legal and courts system.
Law enforcement officials in the United States can be employed by local, state or federal governments, but they are all entrusted with the mission of protecting public safety, preventing crimes and apprehending criminals. Federal government opportunities in law enforcement include the U.S. Coast Guard, the FBI, the CIA, the DEA, positions with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, federal judges, federal prison guards and more.
State and local positions include bailiff, county or city jail guard, police officer, detective, criminal lawyer, judge and others. Law enforcement officials have the authority to make arrests, investigate crimes, hear cases, conduct investigations, and/or give punishment. Law enforcement officials are specifically trained in their field, but all have an understanding and commitment to the overall criminal justice system in the United States.
Online master degree programs in law enforcement prepare students for careers in the criminal justice system. Although students can get an online bachelor degree in law enforcement, an online master in law enforcement will give them a higher degree of expertise and provide access to higher-level jobs. Some programs in law enforcement have a thesis requirement, but a non-thesis program will not prevent students from obtaining jobs in the field. Students with an online master degree in law enforcement can go on to work as police officers for local governments or as federal officers for agencies such as the Department of Homeland Security, or they can work for themselves as private detectives. Those interested in more intensive research can go on to get an online PhD in law enforcement.
What types of online masters degrees in law enforcement can students pursue?
Students can pursue one of several different online masters degrees in law enforcement at accredited online schools.
And, because law enforcement is a broad field, in order to become an expert in a specific field, students often pursue specialties or concentrations.
Common areas of focus offered online include:
Homeland Security: Law enforcement masters degree online students will learn how to develop and maintain the security network that protects the United States against threats. They will study the growth of global terrorism, emergency planning and the importance of interagency cooperation when dealing with large external threats.
Criminology: Students will examine the nature of crime in the United States. They will study both why individual criminals act as they do and why crime rates differ between different communities.
Corrections: Online law enforcement masters degree students will examine the prison system in the United States. They will take a close look at how criminals are punished, how rehabilitation programs work, and the social and political factors that shape the corrections system.
Juvenile Justice: Students will scrutinize how the criminal justice system responds to young offenders. They will consider the juvenile justices system’s focus on rehabilitation over punishment and look at the social and economic factors affecting criminal behavior in young people.
Criminal Law: Online masters degree law enforcement students will learn about and analyze the system of laws that are used to correct criminal behavior in the United States. They will read cases, examine statutes and discuss how laws are influenced by society.
What can students expect to learn in an online law enforcement master degree program?
Online master degree law enforcement students will gain knowledge about the criminal justice system, public policies affecting crime and the motives behind criminal actions. The best online master degrees in law enforcement will teach students how to organize information related to crime and to use it to prevent crimes from occurring.
Some classes which are popular among students enrolled in top online masters programs in law enforcement include:
1. Intelligence Operations: This course teaches students how to use intelligence gathered in the field to analyze and stop crime. Students will learn about the ethical, legal and operational issues involved in using such intelligence.
2. Criminal Theory: This course familiarizes students with the theories behind why crime occurs. Students will study factors like poverty and cultural norms to better understand the criminal landscape.
3. Terrorism: In this class, students will examine the phenomenon of terrorism throughout the world. They will study the motives behind terrorist attacks and the impact of terrorism in the United States and abroad.
You May Qualify For Financial Aid.
Education Articles1. Insight Of The Key Benefits Of Corporate Training
2. Which Are The Best Engineering Courses In India 2017?
3. Essay On Drug Crime Investigation
Author: jackson bird
4. Dyslexia Software Ready For Windows 10s - Ghotit Dyslexia
5. Fishy Things That Nobody Told You About Tax Accountant In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
6. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh, Mohali India
7. Sap Online Training By Learn It Training
Author: Learn IT Training, Hyderabad Based Online Training
8. Prepare Your Child With Summer Tutoring Programs
Author: TAS New York
9. Engineers Have The Ability To Change The World
Author: ponting brown
10. Which Are The Best Engineering And Architecture Courses In The Construction Industry?
11. Past Responsive Webdesign: Tomorrows Technology
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
12. Explore, Learn, Construct & Grow With Cept University
Author: cept university
13. Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Taking Online Classes
Author: Benjamin Williams
14. Numerical Simulation Of Flow Ower Flat - Sloped Stepped Spillway
15. How To Improve Academic Performance: 5 Things You’re Forgetting To Do
Author: Todd Manning